It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 23:28

Text Size

Quest Mode: Guide to Formats, Worlds, and everything

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Quest Mode: Guide to Formats, Worlds, and everything

Postby vinnie » 16 Nov 2016, 21:19

friarsol wrote:
vinnie wrote:Which translates roughly to:...
Thanks for the explanations, I did a test raising only maximum & minimum packs and actually grows also the number of single cards!
I never noticed this because I always kept these two values to 1.

Why was taken this decision? has ben taken to dynamically grow the number of single cards with the victories?
vinnie

Postby Seravy » 17 Nov 2016, 01:29

Is 60% the maximal shop selling price? It seems to have stopped and no longer going up by winning more. Can I start selling useless cards finally?
Seravy

Postby vinnie » 17 Nov 2016, 07:34

I don't know but from the bazaar you can buy a object that allows you to get more cash from sales
vinnie

Postby Hapse » 07 Jun 2017, 09:38

Hi there
In the quest preferences there is a option called "Wins for new challenge" but it seems this does not work for quests that have fantasy mode enabled, is this a bug? If not why is this so?? It is a single player game after all :)

Dunno if the devs read this thread but another suggestion is to add tooltips for all the options, fx what does "Item Level Restriction", "special booster", "color bias", "wins for pack" and so on mean?

-Hapse
Hapse

Postby findingtyranny » 19 Jun 2017, 18:08

When creating challenges, is there a way to attach auras to permanents that are on the battlefield at the start of the game?

I'm creating a world for Innistrad and I want one of the quest opponents to be Laboratory Maniac, and I'd like it to start on the battlefield so the quest opponent never kills itself, but the quest opponent seems to want to attack and block with it, defeating the point. I'd like to attach Claustrophobia to it at the start of the game, is there any way I can do this?
findingtyranny

Postby Seravy » 19 Jun 2017, 20:51

None that I know of, and I have this same problem (except in my case I want the creature to not attack because it's 6/6 and I want it only for the ability.)
Seravy

Postby daitokujibiko » 24 Jun 2017, 05:53

Are there any more worlds, even unofficial ones? I've started making a Kamigawa world which combines all three sets of the block. Currently making some "interesting" decks. Kamigawa is pretty low power and the most expensive card is only worth 800 credits, so you might come here to test out your "fair" decks.

findingtyranny wrote:When creating challenges, is there a way to attach auras to permanents that are on the battlefield at the start of the game?

I'm creating a world for Innistrad and I want one of the quest opponents to be Laboratory Maniac, and I'd like it to start on the battlefield so the quest opponent never kills itself, but the quest opponent seems to want to attack and block with it, defeating the point. I'd like to attach Claustrophobia to it at the start of the game, is there any way I can do this?
Good luck with that world. Maybe check the .dck files for other challenges? I know I've seen things like that.
daitokujibiko

Postby Seravy » 27 Jun 2017, 17:09

Instead of trying to implement putting Aura cards into play already enchanting permanents in challenges (which doesn't seem trivial to do - I prefer to let experts handle it), I realized I have a very simple way to putting "pacifism" on an AI creature.
A bit of a workaround, but giving the human a Maze of Ith means that one creature I want to not attack will not be able to. And it's big enough so it's not like the human will ever use that maze on anything else (unless they are crazy enough to abuse this challenge to build a Maze of Ith based infinite mana deck).
The downside? If they do remove the creature, they have a maze for free they can use. Meh.

Unfortunately this won't prevent the AI from actually attacking with the creature so it won't help the Laboratory Maniac case.
Seravy

Postby daitokujibiko » 28 Jun 2017, 00:55

Maybe there's some world enchantment which could do it and hopefully not have many side effects.

Koskun Falls - AI will probably keep its lab maniac locked down forever preventing attacking OR blocking, but there are some side effects.
Martial Law - Might work if put on the player's side and the AI has no creatures other than lab maniac. It doesn't stop lab maniac's win ability.

By the way, it seems there's no way to attach auras with the challenge syntax in forge.

Good luck.
daitokujibiko

Postby Seravy » 28 Jun 2017, 01:08

Yes, that's what the source files tell me too, cards are stored in a simple array of strings, so nothing extra (edition, where to attach etc) is implemented.
Too bad.
Seravy

Postby findingtyranny » 03 Jul 2017, 16:57

I really appreciate the input. The problem is that the human player more often than not /wants/ the Lab Maniac to attack, as it's a pretty easy to kill it off.

In a similar vein, is there a way to give a challenge opponent a permanent that enters the battlefield with counters? It seems like you can't use creatures that are 0/0's with counters or Planeswalkers because they die/are destroyed as a state-based action.
findingtyranny

Postby dingbat1 » 06 Jul 2017, 13:58

daitokujibiko wrote:Are there any more worlds, even unofficial ones? I've started making a Kamigawa world which combines all three sets of the block. Currently making some "interesting" decks. Kamigawa is pretty low power and the most expensive card is only worth 800 credits, so you might come here to test out your "fair" decks.

findingtyranny wrote:When creating challenges, is there a way to attach auras to permanents that are on the battlefield at the start of the game?

Good luck with that world. Maybe check the .dck files for other challenges? I know I've seen things like that.
If you look around, I'm pretty sure there's an unofficial kamigawa quest world somewhere. I may have lost it one of the many times I updated, but if I still have it, I'll post it here. I'll check when I get home
dingbat1

Postby Seravy » 08 Jul 2017, 12:26

Haven't seen it mentioned in the thread but the source code tells me it's possible to have booster packs and tournament packs in challenge rewards. I'll try to experiment and see if it works and how to use it.
Seravy

Postby Fizanko » 08 Jul 2017, 19:01

Are there any more worlds, even unofficial ones?
There are a few unofficial worlds floating in this thread :
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=9457
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby Seravy » 08 Jul 2017, 20:16

Currently working on a large update to my Urza world, as it needed more duel and challenges.
Once that's done I'll probably start making another - Tempest, Mercadian and Invasion would all be nice to have.
Seravy

PreviousNext

Return to Forge