Postby Seravy » 08 Jul 2017, 20:43

I've tested it, adding the following to the card rewards works :
tournament pack USG
booster pack USG
awards the appropriate pack.
Seravy

Re: Quest Mode: Guide to Formats, Worlds, and everything

Postby daitokujibiko » 09 Jul 2017, 07:43

Seravy wrote:Currently working on a large update to my Urza world, as it needed more duel and challenges.
Once that's done I'll probably start making another - Tempest, Mercadian and Invasion would all be nice to have.
Heck yeah. I want to start in Dominaria/LEB and play through all expansions one by one, building decks with only cards from each world, but Visions or Jamuraa is the last chronological world that comes with forge.
daitokujibiko

Postby schnautzr » 23 Jul 2017, 10:01

I added five planeswalkers to the HumanExtras= parameter in a duel deck. To my surprise (and amusement), I began the game with the entire Gatewatch in my graveyard.

How do I indicate the HumanExtras should have loyalty counters on them?

Edit: After closer examination, I noticed the loyalty counters are correctly assigned, but cease to exist upon the beginning of the game. This indicates a problem not with the deck itself, but the way the game starts.
schnautzr

Postby Seravy » 23 Jul 2017, 19:22

I guess the problem then is something along the lines of putting the cards into play first, resetting data on counters afterwards. This part of the game definitely needs improvements, I've seen a Zur's Weirding challenge when the AI was paying life to make me discard my starting hand and mulligans. It's probably smarter to put these cards into play after everyone finished mulligans and the game starts. (imagine an Underworld Dreams challenge or Chains of Mephistopheles one triggering on your starting hand. Nasty.)
Seravy

Postby welp » 11 Aug 2017, 00:48

Quick question here. When I create a new quest and select custom format a few of my sets are greyed out and I can't select them.

Both Alpha and Beta are the ones I want to add and I know I have those sets.

Do I need to edit a file or change my folder structure to allow them to be found?
welp

Postby RumbleBBU » 11 Aug 2017, 04:42

welp wrote:Quick question here. When I create a new quest and select custom format a few of my sets are greyed out and I can't select them.

Both Alpha and Beta are the ones I want to add and I know I have those sets.

Do I need to edit a file or change my folder structure to allow them to be found?
Since I'm the one responsible for putting that restriction there in the first place I guess I can explain this.

It's deliberate. You are not supposed to be able to choose those two sets.

The simple reason behind this is game balance. Alpha/Beta cards are immensely expensive, just like their real-world counterparts, and if you had early access to them, you would be richer than Croesus in no time, which would just spoil your Quest game. You could buy just about everything you ever wanted.

Unlimited gives you the same cards, more or less, and a dual land that was accidentally omitted from Alpha, at slightly saner prices. So the official answer stands, if you want a Quest with those cards, choose Unlimited.

Note that - despite the restriction - you will in any case be able to later 'unlock' Alpha and Beta in your quest game (depending on your quest game starting configuration), doing so will just cost you hundreds of thousands.

If you must have Alpha or Beta as starting sets in your quest game, you have basically two options:
1) Make new custom sets, call them "MyAlpha", "MyBeta", or whatever, and give them new set codes. Copy Alpha and Beta set definitions and card images (and card prices etc.) for them.
2) Modify the source code and remove the hardcoded restriction on those two sets in your copy of Forge. (I don't think public Forge releases will do that.)
RumbleBBU

Postby welp » 11 Aug 2017, 04:57

That sounds good, I'm fine if it's a balance decision. I just wanted to start a campaign and be able to steadily progress through newer sets. Thanks for the clarification.
welp

Postby FtGander » 27 Sep 2017, 15:14

If I set a custom format for starting pool, and I choose Ixalan, all of my opponents should only be using Ixalan decks as well, right? Because it seems as if the format I choose has no bearing on my opponents at all.
FtGander

Postby friarsol » 27 Sep 2017, 19:48

FtGander wrote:If I set a custom format for starting pool, and I choose Ixalan, all of my opponents should only be using Ixalan decks as well, right? Because it seems as if the format I choose has no bearing on my opponents at all.
The Starting Pool has nothing to do with your opponents. If you want your opponents to be using decks limited to certain formats, use Quest Worlds.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Seravy » 27 Sep 2017, 19:50

Actually the format you choose does nothing at all except...limiting what cards you find when nothing else is explicitly specified. In fact you can even find cards that aren't in Ixalan yourself, and if you used the "unlock additional sets" options you can still find cards you haven't unlocked as long as they are specified in rewards - either part of a challenge, or quest world.

I started working on an option that changes this but can't continue until the GIT migration is complete...
Seravy

Postby friarsol » 28 Sep 2017, 01:39

Seravy wrote:Actually the format you choose does nothing at all except...limiting what cards you find when nothing else is explicitly specified. In fact you can even find cards that aren't in Ixalan yourself, and if you used the "unlock additional sets" options you can still find cards you haven't unlocked as long as they are specified in rewards - either part of a challenge, or quest world.
No. Your "starting pool" only affects your starting pool, literally the pool of cards you start a quest with. There's a different section called Prized Cards, that handles your prized cards.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Seravy » 28 Sep 2017, 04:58

Yes, I meant the prized cards. It defaults to the same as the starting pool unless otherwise specified.
Seravy

Postby friarsol » 29 Sep 2017, 00:08

Seravy wrote:Yes, I meant the prized cards. It defaults to the same as the starting pool unless otherwise specified.
Oh I see what happened. I thought you were responding to me, instead of the same person I was responding to.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby FtGander » 13 Oct 2017, 14:45

friarsol wrote:
FtGander wrote:If I set a custom format for starting pool, and I choose Ixalan, all of my opponents should only be using Ixalan decks as well, right? Because it seems as if the format I choose has no bearing on my opponents at all.
The Starting Pool has nothing to do with your opponents. If you want your opponents to be using decks limited to certain formats, use Quest Worlds.
What worlds are what then? I chose a world and despite expecting them to only have cards standard at the time of that block they still used cards from legacy. It's not much fun to go up against those decks.
FtGander

Postby pyrovoice » 06 Jan 2018, 10:46

Hello, I'm currently remodeling the default list of world we get when we download the application (I discovered Forge like a month ago so I didn't followed everything from its creation).

Is it possible when creating deck lists for opponents, not to specify the set used for a card ? For example :

2 Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
3 Brine Elemental
3 Nimbus Maze

instead of :

2 Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir|TSP
3 Brine Elemental|TSP
3 Nimbus Maze|FST

? Because this is taking way too much time at the moment.

Also, did someone already added more recent worlds ?

Thank you !
pyrovoice

PreviousNext

Return to Forge