It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 20:35

Text Size

Quest Mode: Guide to Formats, Worlds, and everything

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Quest Mode: Guide to Formats, Worlds, and everything

Postby SolaireA » 18 Aug 2019, 11:10

Is it possible to play Quest Mode with commander format in the current android version?

It's working on Windows but I don't see a commander option on android and when using a save file created on pc there is no commander section in the deck builder.
SolaireA

Postby drdev » 20 Aug 2019, 04:15

SolaireA wrote:Is it possible to play Quest Mode with commander format in the current android version?

It's working on Windows but I don't see a commander option on android and when using a save file created on pc there is no commander section in the deck builder.
Have you tried Planar Conquest?
drdev
Programmer

Postby SolaireA » 20 Aug 2019, 18:41

drdev wrote:Have you tried Planar Conquest?
I just tried it out and it's fun, so thanks for your recommandation!

I'd still be interested in playing 100 card singleton with command zone in an environment similar to Quest Mode or Planar Conquest though. Is that somehow possible?
SolaireA

Postby finotti52 » 02 Sep 2019, 02:50

Hello, its possible create a commander world with no randomly deck? if yes is what the format of archive? its equal this deck i posted?
Attachments
naban-dean-of-iteration-wizard-tribal.rar
wher is rong? it don't appers in quest mode
(985 Bytes) Downloaded 682 times
finotti52

Postby brainptr » 02 Oct 2019, 06:15

finotti52 wrote:Hello, its possible create a commander world with no randomly deck? if yes is what the format of archive? its equal this deck i posted?
That would be a good idea. More worlds for Commander and not always 1 vs 1; if that's possible. =D>
brainptr

Postby tisseur » 20 Jan 2020, 16:39

Hello.
I've been trying to set up a world containing only the commander precons, like so :
Name:Commander|Dir:Commander|Sets:CMD, C13, C14, C15, C16, C17, C18, C19

The idea would be to have an easy access to commander cards, since I started playing Quest with this variant. I can travel to the world, but when I try entering the shop, I get an error message.
I also tried adding CMD, C13 to another world, but could not get the cards to appear. Any ideas ?
Thanks, and also kudos for providing a fantastic way to play MtG !

Edit : apparently cards appear in random booster packs, but not in the shop proper. Weird.
tisseur

Postby moumene04 » 07 Apr 2020, 13:06

i just finished the standard-2019 quest world it containes ( 3 easy 3 medium 41 hard and 41 very hard decks ) but unfortunatly it doesn't have any challanges https://www.mediafire.com/file/cbwbnsjt ... 9.rar/file
hope you missed settle the wreckage
moumene04

Postby joey4track » 10 Jun 2020, 15:03

In Quest Mode with some sets, once I get to a certain percentage of completion no matter how many cards I buy it will stay at a certain level. For instance, Eldraine is stuck at 77%, in my last Quest mode save it was stuck at 67%. Is this a bug or is it because not all cards are implemented? And sometimes it seems that I will never get a certain card. In my last save I had core 2020 at 99% and no matter how many cards I would buy I would never get a Twinblade Paladin, it would never even show up in the shop. Is this a bug? Thanks
joey4track

Postby mastroego » 14 Jun 2020, 15:50

AFAIK cards that aren't implemented don't affect completion percentages.
In other words, Forge tells you how many you have of the cards that exist for Forge, for a specific set.

Your issue I think is with special cards that are officially part of a set but aren't included in regular boosters, or not as often.

For instance, IIRC there were some cards in ORI that were only included in starter decks, or promo decks, or something like that. I mean cards that are coded in Forge, but that you won't find in regular boosters.
There are a lot of sets where similar things happen.
I'm afraid it's unlikely you'll be able to collect all those special cards without cheating.
mastroego

Postby joey4track » 18 Jun 2020, 14:44

mastroego wrote:AFAIK cards that aren't implemented don't affect completion percentages.
In other words, Forge tells you how many you have of the cards that exist for Forge, for a specific set.

Your issue I think is with special cards that are officially part of a set but aren't included in regular boosters, or not as often.

For instance, IIRC there were some cards in ORI that were only included in starter decks, or promo decks, or something like that. I mean cards that are coded in Forge, but that you won't find in regular boosters.
There are a lot of sets where similar things happen.
I'm afraid it's unlikely you'll be able to collect all those special cards without cheating.
Thanks for the info!
joey4track

Postby Archtl » 15 Sep 2020, 01:14

tisseur wrote:Hello.
I've been trying to set up a world containing only the commander precons, like so :
Name:Commander|Dir:Commander|Sets:CMD, C13, C14, C15, C16, C17, C18, C19

The idea would be to have an easy access to commander cards, since I started playing Quest with this variant. I can travel to the world, but when I try entering the shop, I get an error message.
I also tried adding CMD, C13 to another world, but could not get the cards to appear. Any ideas ?
Thanks, and also kudos for providing a fantastic way to play MtG !

Edit : apparently cards appear in random booster packs, but not in the shop proper. Weird.
Yeah, sets without properly coded packs and boxes won't show up in the card shop unless you have at least one 'regular' set available. My only workaround is to keep the sets available in the Main World extremely limited by picking what I want in rotation that usually doesn't have boosters (from the right column chosen during the determination of a custom format for Main World) and then Amonket and/or Kaladesh for foil masterworks/expeditions. All the cards from non-booster sets can be found in random color booster packs and individual cards. It seems like the color packs don't give foils so individual cards are the only way to get some special framed cards (from newer sets) in foil but random packs will produce oddities like non-foil masterpieces/expeditions and such.
Archtl

Postby dingbat1 » 11 May 2021, 00:57

Is there a way to reset the difficulty/experience when you travel to another quest world?

As an example, if I start in the golden age of magic world and play for a whiel, if I then move on to the Ice Age world, it only lets me play hard decks
dingbat1

Postby joey4track » 20 Jul 2021, 22:18

Is there a way to play against preconstructed decks in Commander mode? I tried to set up a custom world with custom precons but when you travel to the world you still have to play against the randomly generated decks
joey4track

Postby wuicylucy » 28 May 2022, 07:48

good essay
wuicylucy

Postby wuicylucy » 28 May 2022, 07:49

Thanks for sharing this information
wuicylucy

PreviousNext

Return to Forge