It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 03:42

Text Size

Automagical Highlighting of Card Names

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Automagical Highlighting of Card Names

Postby Almost_Clever » 08 Mar 2009, 15:19

Mr.Chaos wrote:Giltspire Avenger can use his activated ability the turn he comes into play.
Ain't that cute. But it's WRONG!
You should not be able to use it until your next turn.

(and again, highlighting the card doesn't work. )
I've found if you lead the post with the card name, it does not get the autocard treatment. Putting a character (except "a " or "A ") before the card name at the beginning of the post seems to work (I haven't tested every other character, but of all the ones I have tried, "a " and "A " do not work). Starting the post with "A " or "a " turns off the autocarding entirely for the whole post.
A woman came up to me and said / "I'd like to poison your mind / With wrong ideas that appeal to you / Though I am not unkind."
Almost_Clever
Tester

Re: Automagical Highlighting of Card Names

Postby Chris H. » 08 Mar 2009, 16:26

Almost_Clever wrote:
Mr.Chaos wrote:Giltspire Avenger can use his activated ability the turn he comes into play.
Ain't that cute. But it's WRONG!
You should not be able to use it until your next turn.

(and again, highlighting the card doesn't work. )
I've found if you lead the post with the card name, it does not get the autocard treatment. Putting a character (except "a " or "A ") before the card name at the beginning of the post seems to work (I haven't tested every other character, but of all the ones I have tried, "a " and "A " do not work). Starting the post with "A " or "a " turns off the autocarding entirely for the whole post.
I will try to remember this. 8-[

I think many of us have had this problem at one time or another.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby GandoTheBard » 09 Mar 2009, 01:47

hence my bug post has -- in front of each posting. makes it easier for those reading the post.
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby Chris H. » 09 Mar 2009, 01:58

GandoTheBard wrote:hence my bug post has -- in front of each posting. makes it easier for those reading the post.
I went and took another look at the bug listing. Many of the bug postings start with the card name and the highlighting makes it a lot easier to quickly find which card is referenced. I have been here long enough to start taking these things sometimes for granted.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Return to Forge