Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Gatherer Downloader App (v1.3.0)

Postby zeka711 » 09 Mar 2011, 23:58

zeka711 wrote:but shadowmoor: Gloomwidow's Feast, caused a "XML parse error"
fixed, thanks!
zeka711

Re: Gatherer Downloader App (v1.3.3)

Postby Ark » 10 Mar 2011, 00:36

v1.3.3 posted - found another bug in Gatherer mana symbols and added a translation to the uniform {X} syntax like all the other Gatherer bugs.
I also posted the card databases for all sets with all additional information, for the English cards, in all of the formats the program can save as at http://ark42.com/mtg/MTGCardInfo/
Ark
Programmer

Re: Gatherer Downloader App (v1.3.3)

Postby woogerboy21 » 25 May 2011, 18:05

Hey, just wanted to mention. I noticed today that the application doesn't name the Aether card names correctly for the magic album application settings. Looks like the names of the cards are spelled with the AE special character were as magic album expects the file name to actually have the letters AE. An example would be the card "Arm with Æther". The application downloads the image and names it "Arm with Æther.jpg" but Magic Album expects the file name to be "Arm with AEther.jpg"

Other than that, this apps is still Awesome!
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Re: Gatherer Downloader App (v1.3.4)

Postby Ark » 28 Jul 2011, 02:37

v1.3.4 posted with up to Magic 2012 added to the default set list, and fixes to ensure phyrexian hybrid mana is uniform like {(W/P)}.
Also updated the posted card databases at http://ark42.com/mtg/MTGCardInfo/ with Magic 2012 data now.
Ark
Programmer

Re: Gatherer Downloader App (v1.3.4) [hq pics / card databas

Postby Moonstone » 31 Jul 2011, 12:40

Hello,

Thanks for the update.

After a fresh install, to see M12 in the set list i had to reload default (in >edit >edit set list). This may be avoided. But this is anyway nice to see this app being kept up to date :)

An interesting feature would be the ability to generate databases for Nate's Deck Builder(see viewtopic.php?f=29&t=464 ). Since you already integrated support of Magic Workstation, Magic Album and Wagic, you may be interested into this. Databases for are located in the data folder.

Finally I was wondering if you have any plan to include promos (that afaik are sadly not on the gatherer). I for one have an hard time keeping track of released promos. Your site include a good list (http://ark42.com/mtg/pricelist.php?p=0 ). Do you keep it updated? If yes maybe your downloader could include promo sets and fetch corresponding data and scans from your website (ideally with a way to update scans once better ones get released).

Thanks again for developing and maintaining this great tool =D>
Moonstone

Postby Ark » 31 Jul 2011, 14:09

That is by design. Your set list will not be overridden with a new default, in case you edited it.

Let me know the exact format you need for Nate's, and I'm sure I can export whatever you want - text database or pictures with certain paths, no big deal. As long as the info exists in Gatherer already.

Since the program gets its info from Gatherer, it won't have a way to get promos. Yes, I have a list I keep up to date with certain subsets of promos I care about (not everything is on my site, a lot of less common promos are listed on sites like magiclibrarities and not mine). All I have is pictures though, no card text, so that doesn't mesh well with a program getting just from Gatherer and trying to get card text.
Ark
Programmer

Postby Moonstone » 31 Jul 2011, 15:23

Thanks for the explanation.

NDB requires UTF8 encoded comma separated csv, with " as text delimiter.

Apparently one csv contains:
Name,
Extension Abreviation,
Color(W,U,B,R,G,Art,Gld,Lnd),
Type and subtype,
P\T,
Flavor,
Rarity(R,C,U,M),
Mana cost({2}{W}...),
Text,
Altrenative (nothing if unique, 1,2... if alternatives exits),
Artist,
Colletor number\total card number in the set

You can have a look here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/c19wk2bjg ... 2-data.zip

One other csv per translation contains:
Name,
Native Name,
Native Type,
Native Text,
Native Flavor

You can have a look here:
http://nakapuce.free.fr/cards-french.csv
Moonstone

Postby Ark » 01 Aug 2011, 04:18

How important are some of these fields, and how important is the formatting?

For example, color can be derived from the mana cost, but if you want it to be right for all cards (Pact of Negation, Dryad Arbor) then it gets complicated.

Does the mana format have to be like that, or can it just be how Gatherer does it - card cost is 5GG or 2(R/W) not {5}{G}{G} or {2}{RW} and activated abilities, etc, on cards are {5}{G}{(R/W)} not {5}{G}{RW}

Do you really need the # added around ()'s to denote italics? That could become annoyingly complicated to add in.

I'm basically comparing my existing UTF-8 CSV output such as:

226906,English,Acidic Slime,,3GG,Creature - Ooze,Magic 2012,Uncommon,2,2,"Deathtouch (Any amount of damage this deals to a creature is enough to destroy it.)
When Acidic Slime enters the battlefield, destroy target artifact, enchantment, or land.",Acidic Slime,Creature - Ooze,"Deathtouch (Any amount of damage this deals to a creature is enough to destroy it.)
When Acidic Slime enters the battlefield, destroy target artifact, enchantment, or land.",,161,Karl Kopinski,"Magic 2012 Uncommon,Magic: The Gathering-Commander Uncommon,Magic 2011 Uncommon,Magic 2010 Uncommon"

with this example line:

Acidic Slime,M12,G,Creature — Ooze,2\2,,U,{3}{G}{G},"Deathtouch #(Any amount of damage this deals to a creature is enough to destroy it.)#
When Acidic Slime enters the battlefield, destroy target artifact, enchantment, or land.",,Karl Kopinski,161\249
Ark
Programmer

Postby Moonstone » 21 Aug 2011, 09:24

I think all those fields are important and the formatting also. But i agree this may be getting too complicated.

Snacko somehow already updates the NDB English database. And even if it's manual, your tool greatly simplifyed me the translations gathering. So thank you!
Moonstone

Re: Gatherer Downloader App (v1.4.0) [hq pics / card databas

Postby Ark » 03 Oct 2011, 03:10

v1.4.0 is up with fixes to work with the Color Indicator field as well as the double-faced cards from Innistrad.
Also updated the default sets list to include the recent duel decks, from the vault, and regular sets through Innistrad.
Ark
Programmer

Postby Celianton » 27 Oct 2011, 08:19

Ark, what programming language do you use to develop this beautiful program?
Celianton

Postby Ark » 27 Oct 2011, 16:08

C++ (with MFC in Visual Studio 2003).
Ark
Programmer

Postby skibulk » 03 Jan 2012, 02:39

Wizards recently separated their entries for split cards. I.E. Crime//Punishment now shows up twice in search results, once for Crime and once for Punishment. Does Gatherer Downloader support this?
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby Ark » 03 Jan 2012, 04:24

Yes, from v1.0, split and flip cards are all re-assembled into a single entry automatically, in the style gatherer used to use.

Double-faced cards are not done in a similar manner, because they are actually technically two complete cards, and have different card numbers even.
Ark
Programmer

Postby skibulk » 24 Jan 2012, 13:47

Two bugs:

I'm receiving an error in parsing the xml data from wizards.com when downloading French text, 10th Edition, around Essence Drain.

Also when downloading foreign text, some English Basic Lands are left in the database and not combined into a single entry like all the other cards.

Thanks for your great work!
skibulk
HQ Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Magic Rules Engine Programming