It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:09

Text Size

Is MWS still being developed?

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Is MWS still being developed?

Postby Karl » 27 Apr 2009, 12:12

Last version goes back to 2005. Still crashy and buggy. New options in the game shell need to be implemented (cascade-wise 4 example) This is a great program, it would be a shame if it fell into abandonware. So, as far as you know, is the developer team still working on it?
Karl

Re: Is MWS still being developed?

Postby Kl3p_co. » 27 Apr 2009, 14:25

From what I heard(m-l IRC Channel), its not the case (thats why OPT is developed)
Always outnumbered. Never outtrolled.
Kl3p_co.

Postby Karl » 27 Apr 2009, 15:38

Kl3p_co. wrote:From what I heard(m-l IRC Channel), its not the case (thats why OPT is developed)
What a bummer... :(
And what is OPT? Another similar program?
Karl

Postby Kl3p_co. » 27 Apr 2009, 16:08

Karl wrote:
Kl3p_co. wrote:From what I heard(m-l IRC Channel), its not the case (thats why OPT is developed)
What a bummer... :(
And what is OPT? Another similar program?
Yes, there should be a thread about it somewhere in the upper sections :-)

edit: I spared you from searching:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1025
Always outnumbered. Never outtrolled.
Kl3p_co.

Postby viberunner » 28 Apr 2009, 15:13

It's isn't still in development, but they developers sure are willing to accept your registration money for it. :|
viberunner

Postby Othersider » 12 May 2009, 01:25

I wish they were willing to sell the rights to it. I'm sure there are more than enough people who would be willing to chip in to buy it, and would be happy to maintain it and fix bugs. I know I would be happy to.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone asked them if they'd be willing to? If not, would anyone know how to get in touch with them in order to ask?

Granted, I know other clients are being developed, and so on...but MWS is very popular, and it would take quite a while, I think, before we could get the word out about a similar program that the developers actually pay attention to.
Othersider

Postby Snacko » 12 May 2009, 14:34

If you pay more than they're getting from the registrations (probably a steady income despite the abandonware status) than maybe they would consider such offer.

You can contact Detonator at their fourms http://www.magi-soft.com/forum/profile. ... rofile&u=5

Personally I would prefer a real proper MtG client to be developed such as: secure server based, rules enforced. The closes to those design goals is currently Mox, however it's still in the far away lands :)

If someone develops a really good MtG playing software then he's sure to get Wizards lawyers on his back as they won't allow you to get players away from MTGO which is a good source of income considering you sell only digital wares.
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby Huggybaby » 12 May 2009, 18:51

Othersider wrote:I wish they were willing to sell the rights to it. I'm sure there are more than enough people who would be willing to chip in to buy it, and would be happy to maintain it and fix bugs. I know I would be happy to.
I'm dubious, I doubt you would find many people to buy MWS.

Othersider wrote:Just out of curiosity, has anyone asked them if they'd be willing to? If not, would anyone know how to get in touch with them in order to ask?
Just go to magi-soft forums and PM Detonator.

There are two developers for MWS. CrazzyWizard programmed the database part. Even Detonator can't contact him any more, and the source code is unavailable, so that part of the program can never be updated. That's why trying to buy this project and maintain it is impossible.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Return to Magic Workstation