It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 15:09

Text Size

question

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

question

Postby rynio » 17 Oct 2009, 14:19

Why you play this shitty program Magic Workstation, and dont play octgn2?

Want this:

or this: Image
stretched pic: http://i35.tinypic.com/w858d2.jpg

Why you all dont play and help to support, donations to octgn2 creators, its the best program now for Magic the Gathering.
We still have so small people on octgn2 irc chat to play, too rarely we can play 2hg, also not usually we can play 1v1, because not much ppl heard of octgn2, most people still play shitty programs like: MWS or more crappy polish shit: "Wizard Online" (http://k20.com.pl/wizard/index.php)

Guys come on, look at diferences.., soon in octgn2 will be draft and sealed. It's better helping developing one nice project, no few shits!!
Last edited by rynio on 17 Oct 2009, 17:27, edited 2 times in total.
rynio

Re: question

Postby Clefaria » 17 Oct 2009, 15:35

An English version/documentation would help it get known.

MWS bundle is DISCONTINUED, current only through M12
My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby Huggybaby » 17 Oct 2009, 16:53

"Why you all dont play and help to support,"
First of all, CCGHQ is not an MWS forum, we merely have an MWS subforum, along with 20 other apps. We don't decide who plays what.

"donations to octgn2 creators,"
Why don't you give US donations? We've done more for the community than Octagon.

"its the best program now for Magic the Gathering."
Bullshit.

"We still have so small people on octgn2 irc chat to play,"
Because Octagon developers choose to use irc as their primary means of communication, and most people don't like irc.

"because not much ppl heard of octgn2,"
That's the fault of Octagon developers. They've been hiding from WOTC for years. They could have a forum here if they wanted.

"most people still play shitty programs like: MWS or more crappy polish shit: "Wizard Online" (http://k20.com.pl/wizard/index.php)"
I've never heard of Wizard Online. But Online Playtable will replace MWS long before Octagon does. Octagon is only an Alpha product, it's not close to usable for tournaments, and development is slow because of the developers, not because there is a lack of users or testers.

Also, your screenshots are not a fair comparison. Why not show MWS with a nice theme, and HQ pics, and targeting arrows?
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby rynio » 17 Oct 2009, 17:41

"its the best program now for Magic the Gathering."
Bullshit.
It's no bullshit it's true, octgn2 look like in real play, mws sucks as hell , i dont care how much options it has, but how comfort is playing a game, in octgn2 is very very comfortable, it's just nearly perfect program for MTG and best of all, but it's still in alpha, and they upgrading it.

Also look, i'm not comparing octgn to MWS, but octgn2 to MWS, and octagon2 really pwns it. For tournaments actually i agree with you the best is MWS(i compare only with octgn2 don't care about octgn1), but because octgn2 is in alpha build. I think it's good idea that some people would connect and help with octgn2 project to success for our mtg community people who like playing magic cards in online. Octgn2 is open source project so everyone can upgrade or modify it. And one more about MWS compare to octgn2, MWS its not real free,because you must pay to get full options..

I've never heard of Wizard Online. But Online Playtable will replace MWS long before Octagon does.
yes but it was old time, now is now, new much better program for MTG online, so people should look into it.

I also care about new players in MTG, not pro, octgn2 is much easier to use and also looks cute like in real play, it's the point for me of playing online, but not just many options....

"donations to octgn2 creators,"
Why don't you give US donations? We've done more for the community than Octagon.
hm you are right, but i meant only just this octgn2 project and thought they are so slow because its hard programming in net framework and no donations..

p.s. (sorry for my english..)
rynio

Postby Huggybaby » 17 Oct 2009, 20:46

The features you get paying for MWS are very minimal.

Anyway, everyone wants Octagon to do better. See the thread at MTGSalvation for more info. But like I said, the main reason Octagon is not more popular has to do with the way the developers have chosen to publicize it.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Jorbes » 17 Oct 2009, 22:46

I've already said this in #OCTGN, but in case you missed it:

1.) OCTGN is too scattered.

octgndev.wordpress.com
www.octgn.net
mtgsalvation threads
magic-league threads
slightlymagic threads
irc chatting (wich seems to be the only place to find sets/game info too and not many people "have" irc)

2.) OCTGN users are attacking MWS

Don't attack it, but mirror it with more features.
People dont like change, so get them to use OCTGN by making OCTGN like MWS, but without the bugs and with better/more features.
Dissing MWS will not get you the users you need, the MWS users....

3.) Don't go around all over the net spreading news about an app that isn't finished.

When people try a program and notice it doesn't work properly yet they walk away and they are soooo much harder to get back later. One of the reasons I changed the name of my project from GO to Online PlayTable was because it needed a marketing 'reset'. Now I keep publicity very limited because I want to enter the community with a freaking big f'ing bang when the work is done.
I chose 1 home, which is slightlymagic.net obv. I dropped magic-league simply because OPT isn't ready for the biggest league of the net just yet.

Sure, OCTGN has a bright future, but you really need to stay humble in the early days and let the program do it's own advertising.

Good luck!
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Kl3p_co. » 19 Oct 2009, 12:10

MWS or more crappy polish shit:
I am sorry, but as I can see on the OCTGGNTH,or whatever the name of the program is, pic, the keyboard is set to poland, so that is a fail for you young padawan ;-) .

Still, I find really annoying when you just blabber random rubbish like "our program is better than yours!!1!!oneone!!11!1eleven!". You could bring normal arguments why do you think that. And I found a bit stupid from your side, that you didn't realize, that there are other magic program subfora, which logically means, we are not all fans of MWS.

But still I wish you good luck in programming the program of yours, and I'm really looking forward to test it :-)
Always outnumbered. Never outtrolled.
Kl3p_co.

Postby tchiseen » 24 Oct 2009, 00:01

fail troll is fail
tchiseen

Return to Magic Workstation