Postby Clefaria » 24 Feb 2010, 23:36

Huggybaby wrote:Thanks Clefaria.
:D

MWS bundle is DISCONTINUED, current only through M12
My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Re: Clefaria's Magic Workstation bundle

Postby msaint » 25 Feb 2010, 06:14

Yeah thanks for all the work. Really appreciate your updates...
msaint

Postby Clefaria » 25 Feb 2010, 06:57

msaint wrote:Yeah thanks for all the work. Really appreciate your updates...
You're welcome.

Hopefully I'll have nothing to update for a while, lol...overhauling the tokens took a lot out of me.

My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby Clefaria » 26 Feb 2010, 21:12

Currently updating bundle with Goblin Hero's masterbase, themes, and a few sets of card scans that his masterbase has that Mahamoti's (iirc) doesn't (the bundle was using his masterbase while there was a delay in GH's release).

Full details when I'm all done, or just subscribe to the RSS in my sig and know immediately when I've done it. :)

My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby Clefaria » 26 Feb 2010, 21:49

Updated the following in the Base section:

Master.mwbase (Goblin Hero's Worldwake masterbase)
Sets.dat (masterbase's 'partner' file)
Themes.rar (Goblin Hero's Worldwake themes)

Added the following to the Card Scans section:

3 - Other

Battle Royale (BRB)
Duel Decks: Garruk vs. Liliana (DDD)
Premium Deck Series: Slivers (H09)
Magic Player Rewards (MPR)
Starter 2000 (S00)

I also updated the tokens .rar, minor changes. Primarily updated one token with a higher-quality version (from a newer set, but uses the same artwork).

My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby Clefaria » 28 Feb 2010, 15:44

Added a 1/1 Goblin token from Shards of Alara to the tokens.

My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby Clefaria » 09 Mar 2010, 14:50

Fix in 4th Edition scans: Twiddle and Water Elemental were switched for some reason.

My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby kristijanH » 10 Mar 2010, 10:02

I found some issues with the torrent. Did your bundle start of from the torrent? Because if it did you probably have the same issues unless you already fixed them. If you want I can tell you what I found out.
kristijanH

Postby Clefaria » 10 Mar 2010, 15:41

kristijanH wrote:I found some issues with the torrent. Did your bundle start of from the torrent? Because if it did you probably have the same issues unless you already fixed them. If you want I can tell you what I found out.
The torrent is completely obsoleted by the Mediafire stuff, but go ahead and tell me what you found. I'll know if I've fixed the issues or not once you've mentioned them.

My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby kristijanH » 10 Mar 2010, 17:52

1) 4th edition names switch - you fix those
2) better quality alpa cards released
3) Duels: Elves vs. Goblins are missing tokens - probably did that
4) added planes to planechase
5) plnechase: missing or names wrong: Rumbling Slum.jpg, Sarcomite Myr.full.jpg, Savage Twister.jpg, Plains4.full.jpg
6) lorwyn: missing or names wrong: Ajani Goldmane.jpg, Chandra Nalaar.jpg, Garruk Wildspeaker.jpg, Jace Beleren.jpg, Liliana Vess.jpg
7) Slivers deck added
8) alot of promo added/changed/updated
9) tokens - but you did that already
10)exiled: missing or names wrong: Tinker.full.jpg, Tinker.jpg, Trinisphere.jpg
11) added avatar pics VOA
12) added WWK pics
13) zendikar: Forest3.full.jpg was missing (i got a corrupt file)
14) zendikar: I deleted all lands without .full so they were properly showing in mws

...and that's it:)
kristijanH

Postby Clefaria » 10 Mar 2010, 18:57

kristijanH wrote:1) 4th edition names switch - you fix those
2) better quality alpa cards released
Check my Mediafire; I think I have the updated scans there.

3) Duels: Elves vs. Goblins are missing tokens - probably did that
Firstly, I have all three tokens (if two tokens are the exact same except for the set symbol, I'm not going to bother carrying both) from that set.

Secondly, completely delete (backup if you're paranoid) your tokens folder and download my TK.rar off Mediafire--I did a ton of work in completely reorganizing them, and you're much better off just going with that.

4) added planes to planechase
Magic Workstation doesn't support the unusual shape of the Planes, and indeed, the planes don't even appear in the masterbase. So I never bothered with them, since it is a Magic Workstation bundle anyway.

If you do play with Planes in MWS, how do you represent them? Tokens?

5) plnechase: missing or names wrong: Rumbling Slum.jpg, Sarcomite Myr.full.jpg, Savage Twister.jpg, Plains4.full.jpg
Nothing wrong with these in the Planechase scans I found. Re-uploading now, just to be safe (keep in mind that I will name the folders as Magic Workstation wants them named, so it'll be "HOP" instead of "PCH").

6) lorwyn: missing or names wrong: Ajani Goldmane.jpg, Chandra Nalaar.jpg, Garruk Wildspeaker.jpg, Jace Beleren.jpg, Liliana Vess.jpg
None of these are missing or named wrong in my Lorwyn .rar.

7) Slivers deck added
Are you talking about a preconstructed deck? Clarify this, please.

8) alot of promo added/changed/updated
I really have no desire to keep promos up to date, especially since they 'come out' one by one instead of in sets. They're all pretty much identical to older cards. If you want to use them that badly, replace the scan in whatever set it originally appeared in with a downloaded promo scan.

9) tokens - but you did that already
Yup. Again, strongly recommended to 'start over' with my TK.rar.

10)exiled: missing or names wrong: Tinker.full.jpg, Tinker.jpg, Trinisphere.jpg
The only one of these three that is present in the scans I've found is Tinker.full.jpg. Since I've got Tinker.full.jpg and Trinisphere.full.jpg, I can manually create both missing crops, no problem. Will reupload (MWS calls it "V09") with the fixes. :)

11) added avatar pics VOA
Vanguard Online Avatars is not a set in the current masterbase; therefore, I will not add it to the bundle, as they would just take up space.

I'm going by Goblin Hero's masterbase, just so you know.

12) added WWK pics
They're present on my Mediafire.

13) zendikar: Forest3.full.jpg was missing (i got a corrupt file)
Old 'bug', fixed in current Zendikar scans on my Mediafire.

14) zendikar: I deleted all lands without .full so they were properly showing in mws
This might be caused by the (apparently recent) change made to the masterbase, where the 'full card' lands and the 'normal' lands of the same art were changed to be considered the same card. There isn't really anything I can do about this.

My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby kristijanH » 10 Mar 2010, 19:17

I just posted what I found was wrong with the torrent I downloaded. I meant the Premium Decks: Sliers. I don't play with planes but I like to have all the pics available. For Vanguard pics - I meant these: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1643 but I can't find the download link.
kristijanH

Postby Clefaria » 10 Mar 2010, 19:48

kristijanH wrote:I just posted what I found was wrong with the torrent I downloaded.
Well, the first thing that's wrong is that you're using the torrent instead of the Mediafire. :P

I meant the Premium Decks: Sliers.
That set (named "SLI" I believe) is not in the masterbase, so no point in adding it to the bundle.

I don't play with planes but I like to have all the pics available.
My bundle is the wrong resource for you then. You should just be downloading the fulls of every card if you just want to keep a collection.

For Vanguard pics - I meant these: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1643 but I can't find the download link.
I know what you're talking about. They don't belong in the bundle for the same reason as the Slivers 'set'. You can download them here, though.

My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby kristijanH » 10 Mar 2010, 21:55

How is it wrong to get pics from a torrent!? I got all in one and fast. I don't like mediafile because you have to download file by file and you get a much bigger audience with a torrent. Look I appreciate your work and that is why I posted the problems with the torrent pics because I thought you might have the same problems in your bundle. Thanks for the link but I already have them (Vanguard).
kristijanH

Postby Clefaria » 10 Mar 2010, 22:18

kristijanH wrote:How is it wrong to get pics from a torrent!? I got all in one and fast. I don't like mediafile because you have to download file by file and you get a much bigger audience with a torrent. Look I appreciate your work and that is why I posted the problems with the torrent pics because I thought you might have the same problems in your bundle. Thanks for the link but I already have them (Vanguard).
Well, you said you couldn't find a download link for them, so I assumed that meant you didn't have them.

There are several problems with a torrent:

1. The slightest change/update requires an entirely new torrent.
2. Download speed depends on number of people willing to stay and seed. I was barely able to keep my last torrent 1:1, and I was seeding it constantly. My ratio was in the 60s when I stopped.
3. The large number of files in the torrent (card scans, mostly) made it unwieldy for those with less capable computers to handle. I got a complaint or two about that.

On the other hand, with Mediafire:

1. I set things up to be 'modular'. Any portion can be updated/fixed separately without having to remake anything from scratch.
2. I only have to "seed" things once, by uploading them to my Mediafire account. Then, files can be downloaded quickly, much more quickly than a torrent with the seed/leech ratio my old one had would allow. Also, I don't have a constant drain on my bandwidth from uploading the torrent's contents.
3. Far Greater categorization/customization is possible in Mediafire. The folder and tagging system makes it easy to sort things, and Mediafire has a built-in search function that can let people find exactly what they're looking for, if they only need one particular thing or two.

My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

PreviousNext

Return to Magic Workstation