It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 21:01

Text Size

Is There A way To View All Lands From Each Set?

by Nate

Moderators: Snacko, CCGHQ Admins

Is There A way To View All Lands From Each Set?

Postby Bog Wraith » 18 Oct 2010, 19:45

Is there a way for us to view all the lands, usually four from any given set, within the program?

The csv lists all the lands, for example here for Time Spiral:

"Forest","TSP","Lnd","Basic Land — Forest",,,"C",,,4,"Stephen Tappin","301\301"
"Forest","TSP","Lnd","Basic Land — Forest",,,"C",,,3,"Craig Mullins","300\301"
"Forest","TSP","Lnd","Basic Land — Forest",,,"C",,,2,"Vance Kovacs","299\301"
"Forest","TSP","Lnd","Basic Land — Forest",,,"C",,,1,"Rob Alexander","298\301"

Yet only one of the four is ever shown.

When building decks, I'd like to be able to choose lands from all four of the ones that come with each set & not be restricted to only one.

Does anyone know if & how this can be done?
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Re: Is There A way To View All Lands From Each Set?

Postby Huggybaby » 18 Oct 2010, 20:20

I asked a similar question some time ago. Be sure to deselect the "unique" search filter button.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Bog Wraith » 19 Oct 2010, 00:30

Thanks Huggy, that's got it.

You know, in hindsight, I remember reading that deselecting the Unique button would effect some of the displayed options in the app. Maybe it was your post that was the one that I'm referring to.

This is great because I like using this app to build decks. It's easier and faster then with MWS, especially editing and building Sealed / Draft decks that are generated by OPT . Even Jorbes prefers it over the editor that comes with his app.

I like GH's Magic Album too, but a major drawback, at least for now, is that you can't sort by colour in the deck building portion of the app.

The one thing that MWS still has over the other apps I've mentioned is the deep analysis & other statistical features of any deck's composition that these other apps lack.
So, I build them in here & check them out in MWS, especially after a few games with them to see hoe they rate statistically.

I like playing in a Limited format most of the time, but it's even better when doing so with a new set like now with Scars of Mirrodin. After experiencing the set through limited play, you can get a feel of how certain cards will interact which then gives you info on what might work together in Constructed decks.

Thanks again for jogging my memory & getting this to work the way I was looking for it to do. Now to build some Sealed & Draft decks from a nice pool of cards from OPT! 8)
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Huggybaby » 19 Oct 2010, 00:46

Nice. :)

I haven't used MA to build a deck yet. The one-panel interface of NDB is so fast and streamlined, without missing needed functionality, that it's hard to beat. And it does have some deck analysis. But you're right, I don't think any free app has yet beat MWS' deck analysis, and MWS is the only place I've seen a Baxter's analysis. Hopefully one day MA will have these and more.

I think there must be some unique way of looking at decks that remains to be discovered. But maybe not...
I think a great analysis would be to test a deck using AI vs AI, and there's at least one app here that will do that but I haven't tried it.

I'm interested in your OPT experiences too. I didn't know you'd stuck with it. Did Jorbes ever figure out the LAN problem? Are you ready to write the "Complete Idiot's Guide to OPT" yet?
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Bog Wraith » 19 Oct 2010, 01:27

My wife & I have been using OPT for about a week now & really like it. No, the LAN problem still exists, but we play at the opt.magic-league.com server. What I really like is that we can draft & also generate sealed decks right in the app. We use Nate's deck builder or MWS to edited & build the decks before going back to OPT and play the games.

All in all it works very well with a nice interface. Sure there are some bugs and some changes/additions I'd like & I will post to Jorbes in the OPT forum. Also, a different GUI shell which Jorbes has stated he will later encourage the users to design will be nice to add so as to customize & add a different look to the interface.

As for the "Guide", that's a ways away yet, but Jorbes has a good step by step tutorial in how to get everything installed, how to connect to the server & the overall use of the program:

http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/OPT_Tutorial

Nate's DB works very well with the files generated by OPT. I encourage folks to try both of these great apps & visit the OPT Forum here at CCGHQ:

viewforum.php?f=50
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Huggybaby » 27 Apr 2023, 18:12

13 years, Necrotastic!
Huggybaby
Administrator

Return to Deck Builder and Excellent Rules Viewer