It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 11:06

Text Size

SoM Update, Cardgen and Request

by Nate

Moderators: Snacko, CCGHQ Admins

SoM Update, Cardgen and Request

Postby Burnf » 27 Sep 2010, 13:26

Let me first say thank you for all your hard work. I love the program. I just occasionally post to see what's happening and when might things become available.

Couple things, first being:
-When might we get the SoM update?

The second issue is that the deckbuilder no longer natively works with the cardgen.
Issues:
-Pre-Eighth Sets.txt promo and token sets aren't recognized. It requires manually editing text.
-Evolving Wilds doesn't have color in the land to color text, and it breaks if you try to fix that.
-Spawnsire of Ulamog (20) symbol isn't recognized.
-No set symbols for last four or five sets

Other issue:
-Deckbuilder's latest build isn't letting me choose set art or art #

Just a curiousity, because it's taking me longer to generate pages:
-Would it be possible to have an option added to use existing full art (when available) for specialty cards like Planeswalkers and Eldrazi, whose art overlaps the boarders?
-Will Levelers be supported in the next version?
Burnf

Re: SoM Update, Cardgen and Request

Postby Snacko » 27 Sep 2010, 21:29

SoM update will be done in the next couple days.

-Pre-Eighth Sets.txt promo and token sets aren't recognized. It requires manually editing text.

I forgot to update the file when GH changed all the sets, will update for next release.
Evolving Wilds doesn't have color in the land to color text, and it breaks if you try to fix that.
I missed this land... it's just requires Evolving Wilds,C in titleToLandColors.csv. Will be updated.
Spawnsire of Ulamog (20) symbol isn't recognized.
Works here at least in English, but I might not have included the symbol and some languages still have this wrong as {2}0 , because I didn't notice it before gatherer import and only fixed some languages.

No set symbols for last four or five sets
Thanks to the recent contribution I have now all those plus the upcoming / just released sets and will include them.

Deckbuilder's latest build isn't letting me choose set art or art #
Set art doesn't work, I'll see to get it fixed. By "choose set art" you mean it doesn't update the art displayed even if you change set ?

-Would it be possible to have an option added to use existing full art (when available) for specialty cards like Planeswalkers and Eldrazi, whose art overlaps the boarders?
You mean take scanned card and just resize it to the dimensions used by generator? I was thinking about it but wasn't sure. Also the resizing might have mediocre quality as the graphic library used doesn't offer any fancy resizers.

Will Levelers be supported in the next version?
I got the resources, but I haven't written a single line of code to layout it, so I don't think I'll have it with SoM. I might have the 4 ability planeswalker as it requires less changes.
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby Burnf » 27 Sep 2010, 21:43

Cool!

With the art set and number, it used to be that I could show the Set column and Art # column, click on the field and change it's value. So if I had an Island, I could tell it ZEN set with Art # 3 to get Island 3 from zendikar set. Lately it has been defaulting back to the LEA set and can't change the art number at all.

If you could try an implimentation of the Full art option, we could see how well it works and figure out what may be needed as a group. :)

For the levelers, if you implement the full art, you may want to make levelers an option to turn on and off for the full art. That way there'd be a solution in place.
Burnf

Postby Burnf » 28 Sep 2010, 13:25

Actually, it's allowing me to select the set now, but when I load the deck it defaults to LEA. Sorry for the mixup. It's only when it loads a deck that it loses the basic land set. The trying to set the art number doesn't work at all though.
This usually isn't a problem, but sometimes I want to print specific 'pretty art'
Burnf

Postby Snacko » 28 Sep 2010, 17:06

Try this http://www.mediafire.com/file/80cwmj6tid63ywx/debug.zip
If you still have this bug upload the deckfile and step by step instructions to reproduce.
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby Burnf » 28 Sep 2010, 18:56

How do I upload?

To recreate I just start a new deck, find any card that's in multiple editions. Add it to my deck. Change it's set to a later edition. Save and reload the deck. When I reload it defaults to the earliest set available. Basic lands for instance all default to LEA.
Burnf

Postby Snacko » 28 Sep 2010, 19:43

Do you save into one of the deck formats that don't include sets like Apprentice or MTGO? Otherwise it works ok if you save in CSV or MWS format.
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby Burnf » 28 Sep 2010, 21:15

aaah.. Mtgo :(

So MWS update for SOM is out. How soon might we see the data update for deckbuilder?
Burnf

Postby dbbergen » 29 Sep 2010, 15:30

Looking forward to the update. Thanks for all you do Snacko.
dbbergen

Postby dbbergen » 13 Oct 2010, 17:05

I've created a working SOM update. You can download it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?x879t3dya0htlya
Extract the .rar to your deckbuilder/data folder
It will create new entries for cards.csv, sets.txt, formats.txt
This update works for me, although it hasn't been tested by others. Use at your own risk and backup your files if you are concerned.
Please post any corrections here.
dbbergen

Postby Bog Wraith » 14 Oct 2010, 15:09

Thanks dbbergen!

It's working on both my Windows & Mac computers.

There are a few spelling errors that are keeping 4 card's art from showing:

Alpha Tyrannax_ Should be Tyrranax

Grip of Darkness_Should be Grasp of Darkness

Painful Quandry_Should be Quandary

Vulshok Heartstroker_Should be Heartstoker

Also Abuna Acolyte is showing at the bottom of the list instead of as the first card in the set. Might of been be because of an extra space key input before the name.

Here is a new csv file with the corrections.

If anyone finds anything I might have missed, please post here.

Thanks for getting this done dbbergen. Now I can start building some SOM decks! 8)
Attachments
cards.csv.zip
Corrected CSV File
(1.16 MiB) Downloaded 1881 times
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby dbbergen » 14 Oct 2010, 15:42

Thanks for the corrections Bog! I scraped/parsed the cards from the spoiler at mtgsalvation, so there will be errors.

I've noticed that if you have owned quantities entered and you make card title changes to cards.csv that the program won't load. You need to also go in and make the corresponding changes to your userdata.csv

In the coming weeks I hope to be able to share an open source application that anyone can use to update new sets by parsing data from a couple of different spoilers found on the web. My friend Szlim and I are still working on the formatting that is required to translate the entries from the spoiler to the deckbuilder cards.csv
dbbergen

Postby Bog Wraith » 14 Oct 2010, 16:34

My pleasure. I'm very grateful to you for getting this done! 8)

That would be an outstanding app as it would allow any of us the ability to update to the latest set or expansion whenever the data was available & since it would use data from different sources, it would also have a sort of built in redundancy for the data's accuracy.

I don't use this app for tracking my collection as I use MWS for this, but it's good you let folks know about that issue.
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Return to Deck Builder and Excellent Rules Viewer