It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:04

Text Size

Deck Builder and Rules Viewer

by Nate

Moderators: Snacko, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Nate's Deck Builder and Rules Viewer

Postby Huggybaby » 30 Aug 2008, 00:12

Ahh, I see Arcane 0.17, so I guess you found it.

I have another interface suggestion, Nate remembers those coming from me. :)

Can you make it so I can click and drag to toggle my filter buttons? That would be an ultimate addition to what is already the fastest deckbuilding tool around.

That said, I still love the rules viewer. It's so perfectly tuned to its purpose.
Does anyone know of the rules viewer being used in real life competition? I would love to hear a testimonial.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Huggybaby » 01 Sep 2008, 05:12

I'm not getting pics from wizards in the latest beta.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Snacko » 01 Sep 2008, 10:31

Have you tried the option to set up proxy ?
Does it happen out of the box if you delete data/arcane.properties which deletes your configuration?
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby Singe » 15 Sep 2008, 08:26

Hi, Nate and Snacko.
I'm Japanese MTG player and was using this deckbuilder from when lorwyn was latest set.

I was using Japanese localized version,
(like this : http://sam_rice.at.infoseek.co.jp/img/deckbuilder.jpg)
but it no longer fits to latest sets due to new mana-symbols such as {2/w}.
So deckbuilder is not polular with Japanese players now.

Now I got Snacko's latest update and wanna say so thanks !
It's easy to localize, I found out I can set cards-japanese.csv to mtgDeckBuilder-2.9.6a\data directry and then can search cards/text in our language.
Localization in other languages will be as easy as I did, it's quite excellent!

thank you!
Singe

Postby Singe » 15 Sep 2008, 08:46

Oh, I have something to add.
Now it seems that mtgDeckBuilder-2.9.6a/source/lib is necessary for boot,
I think it's better to move it to mtgDeckBuilder-2.9.6a/lib directry and detach source files and binary files.
Singe

Postby Snacko » 15 Sep 2008, 11:09

That's what has been done for the new preview version based on arcane framework (will upload the sources once I'm sure the proxy settings work as intended all the time).
Also if you find any errors in the language file please let me know, it's one of the least filtered languages but some errors might slip in.
I'm thinking about making the UI elements text translatable by a stand alone file so you wont need to edit sources in order to localize the software.

Here are some updated languages files.
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby Squiggle » 15 Sep 2008, 16:42

Hi Snacko, I'm hoping to start working on some bug fixes and features (starting in October). I'm just trying to get my development environment set up to work on the software. What is your set up? If you're using Eclipse I'd love to borrow your .project file, etc. I'm new to building jars - what are the options for the jar command that you use?

Thanks very much!
Squiggle

Postby Snacko » 15 Sep 2008, 17:21

I'm also working in Eclipse (same for Nate).
For the source release I'll be zipping the whole arcane framework workspace that you only need to drop into your current / new workspace and you'll be ready to go.
Building jars in Eclipse is dead easy, see help for a detailed instructions for creating a modifying jars. If you only need to regenerate a jar file then you find a .jardesc file, right click on it and then use the "Create JAR" option. Currently the default path the jars are dropped is C:\.
The whole building and packaging could be done with an ant file, however currently the only build option is for creating the .exe wrappers as I didn't see a need to write the other targets.

Also here's the latest release candidate based on arcane framework that hopefully will end up as the next version.

I've also uploaded the sources for the whole arcane framework.
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby falconer8r » 22 Sep 2008, 12:18

Re: Latest build (arcane v0.17 rc2) in last post, in order to have this work correctly with the most data possible, should I extract this zip into the same directory as the v2.96? If I extract to a new directory, it doesn't have the /Images folder and the card list seems to be rather small. One other thing I noted, tho Alara is listed as a set in the Set list pulldown, it doesn't seem to have any cards in it. Is this a placeholder for when the set info has been added? One last question, is there somewhere I can access further information on this program to guide me to features I may not have noticed? Although most of the program is fairly well apparent, a walk through or some documentation would be appreciated. Perhaps a Change Log would be helpful as well. Thanks so much for all your work and dedication.

PS: Anyone know of an archive/ repository where I can download multiple decks that other people have created?
falconer8r

Postby Snacko » 22 Sep 2008, 13:49

That's an error on my part. I forgot to include the images folder, however if you got the one from previous versions it can be reused as nothing has changed. (I'll reupload a fixed archive)
Alara and some special sets are placeholders as either the GH database doesn't have the cards or the set wasn't yet released.
Most of the common not so obvious features are explained in the Help (F1). Other option available via menu are kind of self-explanatory.
A changelog is present in the first post of this thread.
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby Snacko » 22 Sep 2008, 17:14

The whole UI going to be translatable so I need some feedback whether there's something missing you want to translate but isn't in the language file. Currently there are all strings from DeckBuilder / RulesViewer I could think of excluding the error messages.
The format is more or less fixed so if you can it would be good to get some sample language files for testing (something like Japanese :roll: however all translations are welcome).
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby Huggybaby » 22 Sep 2008, 19:29

falconer8r wrote:PS: Anyone know of an archive/ repository where I can download multiple decks that other people have created?
Yes, see viewtopic.php?f=36&t=456 .
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby falconer8r » 23 Sep 2008, 01:43

Thanks for the responses Huggy and Snacko. Will review the info presented and if I have any specific questions/suggestions, will post again.
falconer8r

Postby falconer8r » 23 Sep 2008, 02:40

Actually, do see one quick question off the top: Stated in the changelog for the Arcane framework versions "Old plugins no longer work". Does this mean the 3rd Party Plugins that are linked just below the last stable v2.9.6? Or does it mean the plugins which are installed when we extract the Arcane v17rc2 zip that should allow access to updating prices, importing(?) MWS decks (or does NDB use same file format?), other Tools accessible in the pull down menus? If not the Price Update, any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong? I tried to use this tool and all my prices were 0.00 after (no idea what they were b4).

Also, it seems that the list of cards available in v17rc2 is a bit smaller than that in former v2.9.6. I would presume the easiest way for me to fix that is to copy the cards.csv from 2.9.6 data folder into v.17. Is that correct or would this likely cause a problem?
falconer8r

Postby falconer8r » 23 Sep 2008, 06:32

Two more: Can anyone tell me what the layout of a MTGO csv file is so that I can convert my Excel based inventory to be able to import my owned quantities? I don't play/have MTGO so no idea what the exported file should look like.

ie: Card Name, Qty, Set(Abbrev), ??????? <- Are these the fields needed in the proper order or ???
2nd, Is there any difference between starting the Deck Builder (Arcane v0.17rc2 and/or the Rules Viewer) by clicking on the .exe instead of the .jar?
falconer8r

PreviousNext

Return to Deck Builder and Excellent Rules Viewer