Moderators: Snacko, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Nate's Deck Builder and Rules Viewer

Postby Snacko » 15 Jul 2011, 08:46

Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby BaconCatBug » 15 Jul 2011, 11:02

Sup Snacko.

Had a quick play with this, since I honestly had no idea it even existed. Like it a lot!

Only three issues for me (All Linux related, so by definition not important, just thought you might want to know! :P)

1) I have a dark GTK theme, which results in light grey on white backgrounds for the card and card text boxes, like so:

2) Attempting to run the Java file directly fails, requiring a terminal start (Temporarily swapped to a light theme so you could actually read the error :P):

3) The search for local images only looks for lower case folder names. While that **** may fly on windows, it doesn't on the VASTLY SUPERIOR OS OF DOOM™ :twisted: In all seriousness though, it doesn't detect them because the case is off. Annoying since your excellent proxy renderer default outputs ALL CAP set names. ;)

Like I said, not a big deal as they are Linux problems.
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby Snacko » 15 Jul 2011, 13:06

1) I always use light themes so I didn't think about it, but I'll try to use and alternative palette for dark themes.

2) It should work, did you create a shortcut ?

3) Will add uppercase too.

Download and try this and check for the images / colors. Pretty much all colors now should come from your GTK style and everything should be legible.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/67nv13gzl ... er-fix.ZIP
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby BaconCatBug » 15 Jul 2011, 16:38

Alas, the Google stuff now causes an error:

g@g-P55-UD3 ~/Desktop/mtgDeckBuilder-arcane0.17-rc6.5 $ java -jar DeckBuilder.jar
Arcane v0.17

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/common/collect/MapMaker
at arcane.ui.util.UI.<clinit>(UI.java:52)
at arcane.Arcane.setup(Arcane.java:103)
at arcane.deckbuilder.ui.DeckBuilder.main(DeckBuilder.java:2782)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.common.collect.MapMaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
... 3 more
However, using the old Deckbuilder.jar file works, but the Card info pane is still a white background (though the others are dark, yay!) while the card image pane is missing entirely.

And thank you once again. It really cannot be said enough how awesome you are. =D>
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby Snacko » 15 Jul 2011, 17:45

I updated the dependencies but forgot to include them; my bad sorry will bundle them all :). You can delete all the files in lib when you apply this.

I also fixed some inconsistencies so 1 & 2 of your problems should be fixed, now onto why doesn't it work when you try to start it by clicking. Somehow your current working directory changes to your home. Do you have an option to force the working directory ? If not I can post a script that will force the directory change but that shouldn't be necessary.
http://www.mediafire.com/?xag253tn5z13h6b
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby BaconCatBug » 15 Jul 2011, 21:27

Sweet. Everything works perfectly, though the card information pane still has a white background for me, and the Pane titles and Deck information remain in black text.
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby Snacko » 15 Jul 2011, 21:37

This a problem with your GTK theme as it doesn't overwrite those default values for the editor and pane titles. This is very common for all the platform themes.

This is how it looks with a proper style (was hard to find one that defined all those element colors)
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby BaconCatBug » 15 Jul 2011, 21:39

Right, fair enough. :)

Thanks once again snacko! <3
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby BaconCatBug » 15 Jul 2011, 23:32

Hmm, interesting. It seems if I change my theme, then change it BACK while Arcane is running, then the Card info panel gets the correct background. :D
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby jephlewis » 26 Jul 2011, 17:42

First time poster here. I downloaded Nate's Deck builder, but cannot seem to get my .jpg images to show up in the window above the card info.

I've tried renaming the folders, making new folders and putting the images in it instead of inside the stock folder "/images", and I've tried a few different expansions and base sets just to make sure there wasn't anything wrong with the particular image set.

MWS recognizes the images and the folders instantly, so I am confident it's not a file or folder naming issue.

Could some kind soul give me some very basic, step by step instructions on exactly how to import my own mtg .jpg images to use with this program? I'm almost certain it's something either very basic or very obvious that I'm overlooking. Thank you.
jephlewis

Postby Snacko » 26 Jul 2011, 18:35

If you got the images for MWS, they contain the extension .full.jpg. The default is Deckbuilder is .jpg. You can change that in Settings>Set Image suffix. After that it should work fine, however if it still doesn't find your images you can check Settings>Log missing card images and check the log via Tools>Log viewer.
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby jephlewis » 28 Jul 2011, 07:22

Snacko, your instructions fixed it. I enjoy Nate's deck builder more than I enjoy MWS, lol.

Is there a manual, wiki, or a faq that explains other features of the deck builder and rules viewer such as cardgen? When I try to generate a card, I see a brief dos window flash, and then it's gone. I'm using Win7 x64.
jephlewis

Postby naneehss » 02 Aug 2011, 11:41

Hello, i just downloaded nate's deckbuilder, and i have i little problem: the card images appear really small and i can't figure out why. Image

And one more question: where can i get a dark theme like the screen shots above show?

Thank you all for your support.

ps.: i got the confirmation wrong so many times i'm now starting to wonder if i really know how cats look like,D:
naneehss

Postby BaconCatBug » 02 Aug 2011, 14:13

If you clickdrag on the line just underneath the card image, you should be able to expand the image box downwards.

Is that MacOS or Windows? In any case, you need to look into how to set a GTK theme for whatever OS you are using. The above screenshots were made on GAHNOOLEENUX (aka GNU/Linux, Linux Mint 11 if you want to know) running the Gnome Desktop Environment. :D
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby naneehss » 02 Aug 2011, 14:21

Thank you VERY much, I can't believe i missed such an obvious solution, ^^". About the theme, I run Windows 7, and I got no idea what a gtk theme is. I'll look into it, :D.
naneehss

PreviousNext

Return to Deck Builder and Excellent Rules Viewer