It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 21:21

Text Size

where to find the updated data files for HQ card generator?

by Nate and Snacko

Moderators: Snacko, CCGHQ Admins

where to find the updated data files for HQ card generator?

Postby hanoc » 18 Jan 2011, 16:42

Hi,

First of all this is my first post. I played magic for years back between fourth and sixth edition and I just got back to magic when I discovered cube draft. This website (and MWS) has been of great utility. Thanks all.

That said, I'm having trouble finding the correct files for HQ Card Generator. I followed the instructions here but the files I downloaded are only up to Magic 2010. I also readed the instructions in the wiki but the files are down and the instructions doesn't seem more up to date than the other link.
I have also looked at the mediafire page linked on sacko signature but it seems that the most recent file is from 03/30/2010.

I've searched but I haven't found where to go for the updated files. I am sure there should be someplace to look but I am not able to find it.

Thanks and sorry for the noob question!

EDIT: I just need the files inside the data folder. I have the images and I know how to generate the cards with HQ cad generator.
hanoc

Re: where to find the updated data files for HQ card generat

Postby BaconCatBug » 18 Jan 2011, 20:09

The files you are looking for are in the ~/misc/import folder, where you will find this handy readme text! ;)

Download GoblinHero's latest masterbase here...

http://www.slightlymagic.net/base.shtml

Rename Master.mwBase to: Master.cds

Run cdsExplorer.bat (not cdsExplorer.exe), click new, click open and choose the Master.cds.

Right click a cell, select all, right click a cell, save selection as, save as CSV.

Run mws2cards.bat with the CSV.
You will, however, have to manually edit the "titleToLandColors.csv" to include any new lands and what colour (note the CORRECT spelling :P) frames they are for the gen to use.

Or use this one I prepared earlier! :P (See attachment).

If you want the cards to use any fancy letters (Like the Lim Dul cards) in the rules text, you're gonna have to manually edit the resulting cards.csv doodad to add the funky characters in their rules text but NOT their name. Oh, all right. Here's my one where I have done just that! :mrgreen:

And BTW, MWS is yesterdays news. It hasn't been updated for over 6 years and crashes all the time. Check out OnlinePlayTable (The forum is on this board too!), it's far superior!
Attachments
cards.csv.zip
(1.19 MiB) Downloaded 620 times
titleToLandColors.csv.zip
(4.05 KiB) Downloaded 569 times
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby hanoc » 18 Jan 2011, 22:09

hey, there's nothing bad with yesterday news we like to call them "vintage news" :P

I'll give OnlinePlayTable a try :)

anyway... about the HQ card generator update, something went wrong.
The link in the readme does not work. But I think the file you where pointing me is this one http://www.slightlymagic.net/software/m ... masterbase so I went ahead with that one.
I've transformed the database to .csv. The first time I tried I got this error:
ERROR: Unable to open file: misc/import/orginalVanguardAvatars.csv

But I fixed following the instructions from here:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=465&start=315
My original files seem to be a little outdated.

Anyway, the second time I got my csv and I fetched it to mws2cards.bat. I got a lot of PHP notices like this one:
PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 12 in E:\magic\magicprinter\scripts\classes\MasterBase.php on line 51
But, hey, a notice is not an error, so I think this shouldn't be a problem.

At the end I got a message saying that cards.csv had been replaced so I think this is good. In fact I just overwrited my cards.csv with your cards.csv.
My last line on cards.csv is this one:
Forest,SOM,Lnd,Basic Land — Forest,,,C,,,4,Mark Tedin,249\249
Wich is from SOM so it looks wright. However my two last lines from sets.txt are:
ROE Rise of Eldrazi
M11 Magic 2011
And I get the following error while trying to generate the pages of a deck with SOM cards on it:

Line 20: Card not found: Lux Cannon
ERROR: Unable to parse decklist: E:/magic/magicprinter/decks/myrs.csv

I guess all my problems come from having the bad files to start from or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help!
hanoc

Postby BaconCatBug » 18 Jan 2011, 23:00

Is the line:

SOM Scars of Mirrodin

In the sets.txt? if not, that's what the problem is! :D

If you still have issues, I'll upload all my scripts and Datafiles that I have tinkered about with (as I can't remember what I have changed, Doh!).

Which reminds me, the Generator cannot deal with the new Jace (as far as I know) or any of the 0 Cost Planeswalkers, as it's missing those bits (I fixed the 0 cost Planeswalker issue for me but can't fix the jace one).
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby hanoc » 18 Jan 2011, 23:14

Hi,

SOM was not on the sets list. I added it manually but I still get the error. I've just seen that I also get a
Line 11: Card not found: City of Brass
Which is from 8th edition so there would be something very wrong with my data files. I'll erase everything and start from scratch tomorrow (bedtime in UTM+1).

Can I download from somewhere the latest files? Otherwise I would be very grateful if you uploaded your data folder somewhere.
Don't worry about the modifications. I don't need nor planeswalkers nor fancy texts. The porxies are for a cube and I don't want to worry my friends with planeswalkers yet.

Thanks!
hanoc

Postby BaconCatBug » 19 Jan 2011, 00:40

Sorry about the lateness, I was far to busy...

Being Delicious!

Anyway, here are the Data, scripts and config files of my tweaked setup. Make sure to change the settings in config to your liking, especially the path to the cropped art and the output format to png if you are printing these for realises.

P.S. Snacko, feel free to use this to update the packages in your mediafire doodad if you want!
Attachments
Gwars SuperspecialCustom Proxy Maker thing (not by Gwar).zip
(6.72 MiB) Downloaded 1432 times
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby hanoc » 19 Jan 2011, 05:42

It works!

Hanoc plays Oona's Grace. Gwar draws a card. The card says thank you!
hanoc

Return to HQ Card Generator