It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 04:28

Text Size

Gwar's Tweaked ProxyGen (OLD THREAD DO NOT USE)

by Nate and Snacko

Moderators: Snacko, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Gwar's Tweaked ProxyGen (JTMS, M12 and Commander done!)

Postby BaconCatBug » 19 Sep 2012, 13:02

So get the full scan of your language. :P
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby Snacko » 19 Sep 2012, 17:45

As long as someone does a high enough quality frame and then finds the images for the lands (later), it would be very easy to add.
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby Strainer » 19 Sep 2012, 19:10

I also would like to see Zendikar Land Style implemented, would probably remake all the Basic lands there are in this style. :wink:

Anyway, I've been using your ProxyGen all day, and can't thank you enough for this awesome tool. There is just one problem that occured to me:

The Dark, Fallen Empires and Homelands don't seem to have the correct rarity information stored, as all the Uncommons and Rares are rendered with the Uncommon symbol (it works for Legends though). No big deal though, just letting you know.

I've checked and the correct symbols for Rares is in the images/rarity folder, it is just not used for the Rares accordingly.

Edit: After checking some more sets, it seems that only the early, non-block sets suffer from this problem.
Strainer

Postby BaconCatBug » 20 Sep 2012, 01:28

That is very strange. I will look into why that is happening. D:
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby skibulk » 20 Sep 2012, 11:32

Strainer wrote:The Dark, Fallen Empires and Homelands don't seem to have the correct rarity information stored, as all the Uncommons and Rares are rendered with the Uncommon symbol (it works for Legends though). No big deal though, just letting you know.
Read this. Depending on which database you're using the cards may well have rarities of C1,C2,C3,C4,U1,U2,U3,U4. Those are the actual rarities of the early cards. Wizards just decided to reclassify them using the current system.
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby Strainer » 20 Sep 2012, 11:40

Thanks for the info skibulk, I suspected the cards not being stored with the current Gatherer rarities as the problem. I would still like to have the card proxys with Rares though, is there an alternative database or can I retrieve one with GathererExtractor for example?
Strainer

Postby skibulk » 20 Sep 2012, 11:46

I don't have a databse for this at the moment... Joolim is working on a tool for converting Gatherer Extractor output to HQCG. Maybe you can use that when he releases it.
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby Strainer » 23 Sep 2012, 02:43

Some more things I have discovered:

• It would be great if the program could center short texts (like Counterspell's text f.e.)
  • Planeswalkers look awful, probably due to the bad crops.
  • Split cards also seem to have no real cropped images and as such, don't get rendered properly. Also, their card info seems to be wrong in some way writing all text on one side of the split card.

Strainer

Postby BaconCatBug » 23 Sep 2012, 03:49

I have Splits and Flips working locally, just waiting on my friends code for transformers.

As for centering text, I'll look into that, and split crops can be found in Snacko's Mediafire folder.
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby Strainer » 23 Sep 2012, 11:35

Thanks Gwar, you're awesome. ;)
Strainer

Postby Strainer » 23 Sep 2012, 21:10

I tried the Kamigawa block today, seems the Flip Cards are also not rendered correctly.
Strainer

Postby joollim » 23 Sep 2012, 22:26

Hi guys,
I have two news... one good and one bad.
The good news is I have finished the XML to HQCG Gatherer downloader converter. It is working fine, I have converted a database and tested it in HQCGenerator.
_XML2HQCG.rar
(2.12 MiB) Downloaded 333 times
OK!
The bad one is I developed it in labVIEW language :-P. I'll explain why I did this.
I was doing the program in C but I had problems to write in utf-8 in C. so I migrated to Labview. I thought I could create a .EXE file that could run in windows without labview installed. After I've finished the code, when I generated a .EXE it need the Labview installed to run its application.
So, if you want convert your database, you must install the labview 2010 or later. you can download a demo from http://www.ni.com/

I uploaded the HQCG complete within all patches. Only confgure de config.txt file.
http://www.mediafire.com/?bvlrz4urxlqxf38

Here is the C code that I was talking... if someone wants done, feel well.
C.rar
(21.51 KiB) Downloaded 317 times

Notice that Gatherer.com has a lot of errors in their database. I did all I could do to fix some errors, but there are still others I could fix.
so, when you generate a card and it shows a error, check this card in database if it is ok.
joollim

Postby skibulk » 23 Sep 2012, 22:33

Don't know why you didn't just keep in the same language the HQCG itself is written in (PHP for those of you who don't know)... but thanks!
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby joollim » 23 Sep 2012, 22:36

to use the converter:
run gatherer download and check options->additional card information, choose your language in option->language->your language then click in download car database. after finished the download, save as xml format.

open the dictionary.csv file in xml2hqcg folder and complete with the words is asked in your language.
run the app, choose the language and the database you have already downloaded, wait conversion finish.
joollim

Postby joollim » 23 Sep 2012, 22:40

skibulk wrote:Don't know why you didn't just keep in the same language the HQCG itself is written in (PHP for those of you who don't know)... but thanks!
I already had this program almost finished. it was easier way finish it than start another. :-)
joollim

PreviousNext

Return to HQ Card Generator