It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:37

Text Size

Gwar's Tweaked ProxyGen (OLD THREAD DO NOT USE)

by Nate and Snacko

Moderators: Snacko, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Gwar's Tweaked ProxyGen (SOM&MBS Watermarks&Pherexian Ma

Postby BaconCatBug » 05 Apr 2011, 23:52

Hey guys, sorry for the Double Post, but I wish to inform you that I have updated my spin of the proxy gen significantly!

Enjoy!
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby TheGreyHavens » 14 Apr 2011, 20:48

Hi Gwar,

sounds very promising :-)
Could u tell something more detailed about your progress?
Thx in advance :D

Greetings,

TheGreyHavens
TheGreyHavens

Postby Burnf » 12 May 2011, 14:04

does your version have a way to import new sets?
Burnf

Postby Huggybaby » 17 May 2011, 14:45

Thanks for the mediafire links Gwar!
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Burnf » 23 May 2011, 02:59

Does anyone know how to get the new set into this program? The import seems to be expired. I would really like to try NPH.
Burnf

Re: Gwar's Tweaked ProxyGen (NPH!)

Postby BaconCatBug » 25 May 2011, 17:33

Updated main post. Thanks to snacko as always! :D
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby Snacko » 25 May 2011, 18:02

Gwar if you provide only the transculient Eldrazi frame plus pt box I can incorporate it into the renderer, so you won't have to have a "special" frame for each eldrazi card.
I'm also open to other suggestions as I don't have much time to process image resources but can code some renderer fixes/improvements if those are available.
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby BaconCatBug » 25 May 2011, 18:19

Thanks snacko!

The main problem with the eldrazi cards is the artwork BEHIND the translucent frame, which means you'd have to code in exceptions for them anyway and the lack of standardised artwork sources for them. :(

Feel free to take the images and use them in the main render trunk though. :D

As for suggestions, none really unless you feel like coding in 4 ability planeswalkers. :D All the "improvements" I would suggest (namely config files being moved to /config and memory limit made arbitrarily high so full sets can be done at once) I have already done. :P

BTW: The New Pherexia Expansion Symbol is missing (from mine and yours). I am uploading stopgap images here and in your thread while we wait for Vector goodness from whitedragon. :V

Edit 2: Also Karn
Attachments
Karn Liberated.full.jpg
NPH Rarity.zip
(60.67 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby Snacko » 25 May 2011, 18:41

With the new update I had max memory usage of 100Mb when generating all your decklist, so you might want to try it out with a smaller limit or run with current and see the memory consumption ;). I'll increase it a bit for those wanting to to include more cards on the same page as this eats lots of memory. Having it at 2Gb max is a bit dangerous because if it would really reach that it might crash php under 32bit os.
I checked and WhiteDragon template contains the new symbol, bit too late to include it.
The background image is pretty much the same deal as with planeswalkers as you need to edit the image to fit properly, so it could work if you would include preprocessed background images.
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby BaconCatBug » 25 May 2011, 19:22

That is also true. I only upped the memory limit because I ran into a "mem limit reached" error myself, though that might be a Linux problem, I don't know. :D

I shall work on getting a translucent "Ghost" frame for you (should be easy) though finding and preprocessing the eldrazi art will take a bit longer.

Edit: Well, i seem to have lost all the Eldrazi art I used before, so I need to refind that to process it. Lovely! In the meantime, here are 3 colourless frames and P/t at 50%, 65% and 75%, since I can't remember what I used and, of course, I lose the original files. :roll:

Edit 2: NPH Symbols!
Attachments
New Phyrexia Symbols.zip
(137.13 KiB) Downloaded 434 times
Clear.zip
(944.75 KiB) Downloaded 429 times
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby chaoslord » 10 Jun 2011, 18:47

Hey, gwar, awesome work :)

There is just a tiny problem with your deck files. there are editions with multiple cards with multiple card art images (eg Lands, and omelands, for instance) and you only render one sample from each. I'm fixing the decks files.. where can I upload them afterwards?

Also, on your new update, on the cards.csv you left out the bit with the (awesome-looking) card art for the eldrazi
(eg "All Is Dust,ROE,Art,Tribal Sorcery — Eldrazi" instead "of All Is Dust,ROE,Dust,Tribal Sorcery — Eldrazi") :)

Thanks
chaoslord

Postby BaconCatBug » 12 Jun 2011, 18:01

Yeah, sorry about the Eldrazi! Forgot to add them! :P As for the decks, feel free to upload them here and I'll add them to the main post.

In any case, I have created a patch, with the Eldrazi arts as well as VASTLY improved watermarks for the Scars block. Just remember to delete any existing watermark images you may have, for the sake of neatness if nothing else. I have only created two of the dual colour ones (the ones actually in the set). If you need others for custom cards, feel free to make them yourselves! :P

I have also taken the time to sanitise the Cards.csv to remove the chaff like I was supposed to. :) I've also lowered the memory limit to 1GB, as apparently 2GB is too much :P If you do need to edit it, simple edit the value of Line 19 in ~/scripts/includes/global.php (where it says '1024M') to whatever megabyte limit you want.

Check the main post for the Patch!
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby chaoslord » 12 Jun 2011, 18:33

Thanks GWAR. I'll finish all the decks then upload them.

Also... any word on the missing planeswalker HQ art? Like, for intance, these are the ones that still don't have a new modded artwork:
Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
Karn Liberated
Gideon Jura
Sarkhan the Mad
Elspeth Tirel
Koth of the Hammer
Venser, the Sojourner
Jace, the Mind Sculptor

Cheers,
chaoslord

Postby BaconCatBug » 12 Jun 2011, 19:02

Nope. I have the Karn art, since it was on the main MTG site (though I really am to lazy to make overlays and whatnot. Sue me, I'm lazy!) but the others I have no clue about.
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby Nyth » 20 Jun 2011, 14:13

I wanted to find out a bit more about the two generators.

From what I understood, this is a continuation of Nate's and Snacko's work but does not replace the original HQCG 8.2.11. Is Snacko still updating his generator or are we supposed to continue following on with yours?

Do you use the new true textures stripped out of the DotP game files?

If I was to start from scratch, what is the definitive up-to-date package? I'm talking about all required textures (set symbols, mana symbols, phyrexian mana symbols, planeswalker symbols, etc.) as well as an up-to-date CSV database that includes everything until Commander. I know that you've slimmed down the database but having the option to use the complete database would be great.

Is this the full set of files required:
  • Gwars Customised Proxygen (Data).zip
  • Gwars Customised Proxygen (Images).zip
  • PMana.zip
  • Gwar's Proxygen Patch (25 05 2011).zip
  • Gwar's Tweaked Proxygen Patch 12 06 2011.zip

Thanks in advance.
Nyth
HQ Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to HQ Card Generator