It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 05:07

Text Size

Printing in Black & White

by Nate and Snacko

Moderators: Snacko, CCGHQ Admins

Printing in Black & White

Postby JakeCourtney » 21 Mar 2011, 19:39

I'm printing proxies on regular white paper with a laserjet in black & white.

Is there a way I can remove the flavor text completely and make the other text larger so that it's easier to read once printed.

It' kinda hard to read some of the text when I'm printing it just plain black & white when the text and mana symbols are smaller.
JakeCourtney

Re: Printing in Black & White

Postby woogerboy21 » 22 Mar 2011, 00:45

JakeCourtney wrote:I'm printing proxies on regular white paper with a laserjet in black & white.

Is there a way I can remove the flavor text completely and make the other text larger so that it's easier to read once printed.

It' kinda hard to read some of the text when I'm printing it just plain black & white when the text and mana symbols are smaller.
You could use magic set editor to create the text area size you like, ever use it before?
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby BaconCatBug » 22 Mar 2011, 07:12

JakeCourtney wrote:Is there a way I can remove the flavor text completely and make the other text larger so that it's easier to read once printed.

Hey there.

There doesn't seem to be any "easy" way to filter out the Flavour text it seems. I'll try and find a way to do so.

Ok, found a way.

In order to nuke all Flavour text, you need to do this:
1) Backup Cards.csv, for safekeeping, since you will be editing it.
2) Open Cards.csv in Openoffice Calc (or other spreadsheet program).
3) If the program is good (like openoffice) it will recognise a comma seperated value list, and ask for a delimiter. Select the colon, then click ok.
4) Select the entirety of the "F" column, rclick it and "delete contents" (do not delete the whole row).
5) Click "Save", then exit out.

There you go, you now have a card DB sans flavour text.

If you are having trouble with it, simply upload your cards.csv to here and I'll gladly edit it for you.
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby JakeCourtney » 22 Mar 2011, 16:54

Thanks for the responces.

I've never used the Magic set editor before. I'm currently using Gwars Customised Proxygen and it's working pretty good.

How do you get your creations in the Magic Set editor to print perfectly on a page like the page generator in Gwars?

Thanks Gwar,

Do you know if removing the flavor text in this way will automatically make the text larger as it'll have more space?

I'd have no problem making the cards by hand with the set editor if I knew I could get them to print on a page like the page generator script so I could just print them at 315dpi.

My main goal is just to make them more readable, most are okay, but the ones with a huge amount of text can get hard to read at times.

I wonder if it would be better to have a non-textured background on the cards text box?
JakeCourtney

Postby BaconCatBug » 22 Mar 2011, 17:24

AH, you're using my Kustom version. Right, here is my Cards.CSV then, sans Flavour text.

In order to get the text size bigger though, you need to edit the config-eighth.txt (or pre-8th, depending) and change the:

font.text = <number>
to

font.text = 70
(Leave the text after it alone) or some other arbitrarily high number. I picked 70 for my examples here:
http://imgur.com/a/MD7VT#3ObZP
Back to Nature | Open

Baneslayer | Open

As for the textures in the text box, that's simple. Just crack open the images with Paint or whatever and white out the text box! :P

Btw, ignore the Funky Expansion symbols, I was making some Custom cards and I just swapped out the M11 raritys cause I was too lazy to actually add a dummy set! :P
Attachments
cards.csv.zip
(687.71 KiB) Downloaded 562 times
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby JakeCourtney » 22 Mar 2011, 17:29

What about a card with a load of text on it? Will the font size still adjust to fit even if it's set high like that?

Thanks for the no flavor text db.
JakeCourtney

Postby BaconCatBug » 22 Mar 2011, 18:30

Yes, the card will auto adjust to fit all the text on.

Some Pre-8th examples, all have the font size set to 70. As you can see, the long text wording is automatically scaled to fit the text box.

Ancestral Recall | Open

Animate Dead | Open

Armageddon | Open

Balance | Open
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby woogerboy21 » 22 Mar 2011, 21:55

[quote="JakeCourtney"I've never used the Magic set editor before. I'm currently using Gwars Customised Proxygen and it's working pretty good. [/quote]

Sorry I responded to your post from the "active topic" listing and did not realize you posted under the HQ Generator thread.

On a positive note, after realizing were you posted your question I am downloading the HQ Card generator and trying it as well :)
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Return to HQ Card Generator