It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 04:04

Text Size

How To Update MtG Generator

by Nate and Snacko

Moderators: Snacko, CCGHQ Admins

How To Update MtG Generator

Postby Mxyzplik » 23 Jul 2011, 03:05

Sorry for the probably very simple questions, but I've tried all I know how. I've updated to the point of the cards from newer sets generating but with no rarity symbol. I have the symbols in images\eighth\rarity, and the naming looks okay. I'd LOVE if someone can help me resolve that.

And also more generally, what steps are needed to update? I update one every year or so and it always seems to be a problem for me (not a computer guy, but not tech illiterate either). I'm able to update the master .csv okay, but is there a list of all the steps somewhere with the other things you have to do, like get the expansion symbols, update the sets.txt...

Any help is appreciated.
Mxyzplik

Re: How To Update MtG Generator

Postby BaconCatBug » 23 Jul 2011, 03:46

Easiest way is to just download my spin. :P Has everything up to M12 working in one easy zip with updated rarity symbols as well!

As for updating, you have to manually edit the text files in Data to do that. It's tedious. :evil:
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Re: How To Update MtG Generator

Postby Mxyzplik » 27 Jul 2011, 01:58

Thanks Gwar! This update has been a pain for me - I somehow broke my original install updating some of the files (and didn't back up like I usually do), then reinstalled but not 100% functional, now I'm on to your version. So far I'm liking it, and am able to get it to do what I want.
A lot of tweaking because I want my cube just so (all 8th borders, certain lands to match the color I group them with, same with artifacts, hybrid cards I want as gold, remove guild symbols, etc. etc.). I like being able to tweak to get it just the way I want, but I love that the core functionality all works and is updated "out of the box".

Thanks for the reply and all your work on this!
Mxyzplik

Return to HQ Card Generator