It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 11:40

Text Size

How to edit the database of HQ card generator?

by Nate and Snacko

Moderators: Snacko, CCGHQ Admins

How to edit the database of HQ card generator?

Postby RAGASU » 26 Oct 2011, 22:44

Hi! I got two questions (sorry if there are too obvious and simple. I´m new)

1- I got problems with some card´s text, because in the database they were different than the original Magic Cards. For example:

The original card says... put a creature card in your graveyard into play... but once you generate the card using Magic Set Editor it says... put a creature card in your graveyard ONTO THE BATTLEFIELD.

I checked the HQ card generator´s data base, and I realized that there was the problem, but once you edit the card´s text the program doesn´t work. I don´t know if there is some way to save the file or something that makes it work.

So, my question is : Is there any way to change de HQ card generator´s data base? and how?

2- My second question is : Is there any update of HQ card generator? that resolve this problem.

Thanks a lot. I´ll apreciate your answers
RAGASU

Re: How to edit the database of HQ card generator?

Postby JimMcKeeth » 04 Apr 2012, 20:21

I used NotePad++ to edit it. The process of editing an individual card is kind of tedious, but you can do it.
JimMcKeeth

Re: How to edit the database of HQ card generator?

Postby JimMcKeeth » 04 Apr 2012, 20:28

I've made an update utility that will convert from the CSV file generated by the Gatherer Downloader to a new Card Database for the HQ ProxyGen. Let me know if you are interested in trying it.
JimMcKeeth

Return to HQ Card Generator