It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 11:43

Text Size

HQ Card generator 9.x

by Nate and Snacko

Moderators: Snacko, CCGHQ Admins

Re: HQ Card generator 9.x

Postby BaconCatBug » 24 Jun 2013, 21:50

From a quick look, I'm assuming that the older symbols had White borders for Rare and Uncommon as well as common, while modern ones have Black for them and only white for Common?
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby Snacko » 24 Jun 2013, 22:57

Yes that's the whole difference, but for accuracy it matters.
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby skibulk » 24 Jun 2013, 23:01

Gwar wrote:From a quick look, I'm assuming that the older symbols had White borders for Rare and Uncommon as well as common, while modern ones have Black for them and only white for Common?
Just a note; Mythics have both black and white borders, although they were never printed in classic sets.
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby BaconCatBug » 27 Jun 2013, 17:54

Aha, I just remembered what I wanted to ask Snacko to do!

1) Could you implement code support for fused card? I know that it's missing resources atm, but it would be good to implement support for them now and then just put in resources when we get them. I currently get this abomination. Though thinking again wouldn't you need resources so you know where to put the Fused rule text? D:

2) I was especially hoping for a "white border" option that would apply this white border overlay to cards from the correct sets. There would be a switch in the config and it would either output none, all or just the sets listed in the list of cards similar to how it decides to render old frames or not. Maybe 0 for off, 1 for correct sets and 2 for all white?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/505 ... er.png.zip

As always, thank you for your work!

I'll write up a list of all the white bordered sets and post it here too.
Edit:
  • Unlimited
  • Revised
  • Fourth Edition
  • Fifth Edition
  • Sixth Edition
  • Seventh Edition
  • Eighth Edition
  • Ninth Edition
  • Portal Three Kingdoms
  • Starter
  • Starter 2000
  • Anthologies
  • Battle Royale
  • Beatdown
  • Chronicles
  • Deckmasters
  • Introductory Two-Player Set
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby Snacko » 29 Jun 2013, 18:28

1) Sure, I can just put the text anywhere and then later fix it into the right place.
2) There might be one problem as printing pages doesn't remember what the card was (I write this from memory so might be not completely true), so the border fill will be wrong.
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby BaconCatBug » 29 Jun 2013, 22:30

Snacko wrote:1) Sure, I can just put the text anywhere and then later fix it into the right place.
2) There might be one problem as printing pages doesn't remember what the card was (I write this from memory so might be not completely true), so the border fill will be wrong.
1) Yay <3

2) Oh, I see. Well, could you make it so it does remember? ヽ(●-`Д´-)ノ I'm sure you'll work out something. I suppose one solution is to not support it when printing pages?

I've almost finished up my SVG megapack of Expansion symbols, so once I get that done and export them to PNGs, I'll throw them up here so you can include them. It'll have all the expansions with white borders for pre-eighth frames (Say if you want to render Ravnica in Old Frames for example) and black borders for new frames (Say if you want to render 7th Edition in Modern Frames).

Anyway, thank you for the work as always! <3
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby BaconCatBug » 15 Jul 2013, 15:32

-Derp-

It seems I cocked it up. It works fine now. :)
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby maleus » 18 Jul 2013, 08:56

Hi Snacko

Where do I get additional art? I only find some Planewalkers in the file HQ-Planeswalkers-pics here. Is there additional art (i.e. Underground Sea, Polluted Delta etc.) available somewhere?

All the best and thanks again for your time and effort!

/Maleus
maleus

Postby BaconCatBug » 18 Jul 2013, 17:38

maleus wrote:Hi Snacko

Where do I get additional art? I only find some Planewalkers in the file HQ-Planeswalkers-pics here. Is there additional art (i.e. Underground Sea, Polluted Delta etc.) available somewhere?

All the best and thanks again for your time and effort!

/Maleus
The HQ Pictures team has a torrent available. Or you can check out MTGBR.
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby skibulk » 02 Sep 2013, 17:01

Where did the Post-8th frame images come from originally? I think I read that they were extracted from a DOTP game? I don't think that's right though, because the frames I have extracted from D10, D12, D13, and D14 are all much lower resolution than the frames in your package. Granted, I'm working with the PC versions of the games, I suppose they could have come from xbox or playstation versions. If that is the case, I wonder if those same games would have the newer Plane, Scheme, and Eldrazi frames in higher quality... not to mention the card artwork.

Also, the frames are in the dimensions of 736px by 1050px. After some measuring, I'm also questioning if the height should be closer to 1040px. I'm also wondering if these frames have been edited in any way from the originals, so I'd like to compare to the source...
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby Snacko » 03 Sep 2013, 15:22

Original source: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=465&p=52305&hilit=mediafire#p52305

I think they are from 2012 version of DOTP on PC. If they are looking better than the source from the game then some good post processing must have been done to them.
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby skibulk » 03 Sep 2013, 21:17

Alright so D10 had the high res frames, while all subsequent releases have had lower res images. TheFiremind shared them with us: http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/25461298/file.html
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby odino182 » 23 Sep 2013, 20:02

we will never get an update about fuse card and new Enchantment Creature card?

ty for all hard work guys.
odino182

Postby thundercatts » 18 Feb 2014, 18:05

I feel silly not being able to figure this out, but how can I use .dec files like the readme says? I have tried dropping them into Terminal (which has worked great with .csv files) but it just says "Unable to find card with ID: 0" many times. I've tried .dec files from Decked Builder and Tappedout.

I can build them using CSV, but it will go much faster if I can use one of the pre-built tools.

And many thanks for building this awesome proxy software. Helps us poor souls!
thundercatts

Postby darth emphatic » 12 Jul 2014, 05:34

Hey guys, I don't know what I might be doing wrong, but whenever I try and use a file I created, I get a final error that the file cannot be parsed. I can successfully run the MBC sample file in the deck folder with success. I've tried simplifying my file, removing any cards with dashes or commas in the name, even though that isn't a problem with processing the MBC sample file. I still receive the same message. "ERROR: Unable to parse decklist: [Deck location].csv"

I thought maybe it was a saving issue, so I opened up the MBC, didn't change anything, but resaved it (save as). It still parsed. I tried replacing the entries in the MBC file with my card list, but once I did and saved, it still gave the parse error.

I am using some very recent cards, but that's fine, I can deal with that another way, but I can't get around the parse error. I checked out the MBC deck and my card list in a text editor to confirm they look the same.

Below is the actually deck text. If someone could PLEASE assist, it would be awesomely appreciated!

4,"Ghor-Clan Rampager"
4,Stormbreath Dragon
4,Elvish Mystic
4,Sylvan Caryatid
4,Courser of Kruphix
4,"Polukranos, World Eater"
4,Mizzium Mortars
4,Domri Rade
2,"Xenagos, the Reveler"
10,Forest
5,Mountain
4,Temple of Abandon