It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 17:26

Text Size

BaconCatBug's Customised Proxygen (01/Oct/2013)

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

BaconCatBug's Customised Proxygen (01/Oct/2013)

Postby BaconCatBug » 10 Feb 2013, 01:09

Credits | Open
  • Nate and Snacko for making and maintaining the thing in the first place.
  • Chaoslord for his Planewalker help.
  • Goblin Hero, Skibulk, White Dragon and Baka-Neku for making epic Rarity Symbols.
  • aurelain for getting high quality card images.
  • Richard Garfield for making Magic and WotC for keeping it going strong.
  • Odin, for getting rid of all the Ice Giants.
Introduction | Open
Hello everyone. My name is BaconCatBug, and I am a crazy person. By that I mean crazy about Nates/Snacko's Proxy Generator, which is the best thing to ever be made, ever! Because of it, it's super MEGA easy to have up to date proxies when playing casually or up to date card images when playing online.

But first of all, a summary. This package is intended to be a single complete and easy to install way of generating up to date Oracle wording proxies/images of every "normal" magic set. By that, I mean all the regular blocks and core sets, without reprint sets (like Chronicles), the Un- sets, the "Starter" sets, "Casual" sets (Archenemy, Planechase etc), release and pre-release cards and other promos (like 1996 World Champion or the MPR cards). In addition, Vanguard Avatars, Planes and Sorcerers Apprentice data has been removed, as these just clog up the rendering and are never used. The final removal are the removals of Alpha and Beta. Why? Because Unlimited is the exact same. There is no need to waste space having 2 extra folders of the exact same cropped art and time by rendering the same card 3 times.

If you need any of the removed stuff, simply re-import the Masterbase and get the Sets.txt and Formats.txt from Snacko's packages, as the ones here have the chaff removed.

I have, however, included Duel Decks, the Coldsnap theme decks and From the Vault sets, as they have either alternate art or other unique goodness. This was done by directly deleting the unused sets from the cards.csv file.
Differences between this version and Snackos version | Open
  • Useless sets such as Chronicles, Beatdown and the Un-Sets have been cleared from the Cards.csv file, as well as redundant Portal entries.
  • Coldsnap Theme Decks render correctly out of the box (as long as you use the included deckfiles for them).
  • Additional font files included.
  • Additional Rarity files added to allow for "realistic" expansion symbol rendering.
FAQ | Open
FAQ:
Q) How do I get Alpha, Beta, Unlimited, 4th edition and 5th edition to render with an expansion symbol?
A) Copy the files found in ~\images\Alternate Expansion Symbols\Pre-6th Core Set Symbols to ~\images\preEighth\rarity and/or ~\images\Eighth\rarity. (Note that by default Snacko's 9.x package will render 4th and 5th with expansion symbols, simply delete them to render without one.)

Q) How can I get Exodus to use it's grey and black common symbol?
A) Copy EXO_C from "~/images\Alternate Expansion Symbols\Pre-Exodus All Black Symbols (and Exodus Real Common Symbol)" to ~\images\preEighth\rarity and/or ~\images\Eighth\rarity and overwrite.

Q) How can I get pre-Exodus sets to render only "real" (i.e. all black and grey) Expansion symbols?
A) Copy the files found in "~/images\Alternate Expansion Symbols\Pre-Exodus All Black Symbols (and Exodus Real Common Symbol)" (except the EXO_C file if you don't want it) to ~\images\preEighth\rarity and/or ~\images\Eighth\rarity and overwrite.

Q) Why won't my planeswalkers come out right?
A) Your art and overlays are not correctly sized.

Q) Why won't my Eldrazi come out right?
A) You need to delete the cropped art from your cropped art folder and use the full art provided here. Please note that Eldrazi Conscription has poor artwork and Not of This World is missing artwork completely. If you can help fix this, let me know!

Q) Why don't my cards look exactly the same as the printed ones?
A) Many reasons. First is that the Proxies use Oracle wording, not the original wording. Second is that you are most likely using a slightly different font, which even a tiny change can build up. Lastly, does it really matter? :P

Q) WTF? I just want <inset set here> but the bloody thing keeps rendering all the basic lands from all sets (as well as reprints/previous versions), what gives???
A) By default, the setting "output.card.set.directories" in config.txt is set to 1, which means that when you render a sets decklist, all the proxies get output to a folder with the sets code. This means, however, it will render ALL printings of a given card. Your best bet is to just let it be, so if you do end up rendering another set, you won't waste time re-rendering basic lands over and over again. Turning this off (by setting it to 0) puts all the pictures directly into the output folder (with the correct art/frame/flavour etc) without rendering other sets versions, but if you forget to move them to another folder, any duplicates will be overwritten if you render another sets decklist.

Q) Why do some of my cards come out with no artwork? I have the crops, and they are named right!
A) They aren't named right, obviously. :roll: Even a single letter out of case in the crops name (Aether instead of AEther, for example) will cause it to fail. To fix it, copy the name of the rendered image, delete it, rename the crop to that exact name and re-render.

Q) Why. Is. My. Serendib. Efreet. GREEN!!!3!!!11!11tehonez!11!1!!
A) Because it's the Revised Edition render. I set the cards.csv to register the card frame as green, not blue, in honour of the most iconic misprint in magic history (other than that OMFGBBQ rare blue Hurricane).
Linux FAQ | Open
Q) How I herp de derp on Derp Derp Derpado? (If you use Linux, this will make sense.)
  1. Install PHP5. How you do so is up to your distro. I have no idea what binding packages are needed either, so just install them all.
  2. Use the .sh files by running them in a terminal. Since I have no idea what distro or DE or WM you are using, do it however you want.
  3. If you get errors about being unable to read ".temp", you need to make a symlink to .temp (which is in the main proxygen folder) in your root directory and change the permissions so anyone can edit it. Why this is I have no idea, but it fixes the problem which means you won't need to resort to a VM.
  4. It really REALLY doesn't like spaces in the path to the generator, so don't have any. Again, no idea why and I don't particularly care.
Things that do not work (yet?) | Open
  1. Futureshifted Cards < Need someone to make the image resources. As for crops that will work, that's not my area.
  2. Zendikar Full Art Basic Lands < These won't ever work because there is no need to ever update the text on them because they don't have text printed on them.
  3. Fused cards < Requires both assets and code support.
  4. Auto rendering of white borders.
Downloads | Open
Last edited by BaconCatBug on 08 Oct 2013, 21:23, edited 20 times in total.
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Re: Gwar's Customised Cards.csv and Deckfiles

Postby Ayssia » 21 Feb 2013, 16:43

Missed all Guildpact cards?
Ayssia

Re: Gwar's Customised Cards.csv and Deckfiles

Postby BaconCatBug » 22 Feb 2013, 14:50

Ayssia wrote:Missed all Guildpact cards?
Woops. In my zeal to clean out the chaff I accidentally deleted Guildpact cards instead of Grand Prix cards!

Link to the update in the main post!
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Re: Gwar's Customised Cards.csv and Deckfiles (22/Feb/2013)

Postby Kapoue » 06 Mar 2013, 21:36

Are the Gatecrash rarity symbols up anywhere?
Kapoue

Postby deicidemilan » 06 Mar 2013, 22:32

Kapoue wrote:Are the Gatecrash rarity symbols up anywhere?
http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7010&start=15#p94226
deicidemilan

Postby Kapoue » 30 Mar 2013, 16:38

Is there a way in the settings to choose wether the names for cards with alt art are named "Forest1.jpg" or "Forest (1).jpg".
Kapoue

Postby BaconCatBug » 22 May 2013, 23:08

Updated for Dragons Maze. Many Many thanks to ViperLord!!
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby ViperLord » 25 May 2013, 20:18

I've further updated the guild file to include the Return to Rav and Gatecrash as well.

Included are a combined titletoguild file that includes all the prior, plus RTR,GTC, and DMG with dupes removed. It also has files just RTR and GTC for those that want to edit themselves.
And an updated render file to render the entire block.

goo.gl/ngqTf
ViperLord

Postby skibulk » 27 May 2013, 04:18

Gwar, the download file #1 appears to only contain data files. Is there a separate archive for images too?
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby BaconCatBug » 27 May 2013, 10:36

Yeah, this is basically a patch for Snaco's package. You need to download his package first.
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby skibulk » 27 May 2013, 13:28

Gwar wrote:Yeah, this is basically a patch for Snaco's package. You need to download his package first.
I mean to say that under the "Differences" section you state that "Additional Rarity files added to allow for 'realistic' expansion symbol rendering..." and the download link #1 is titled "Data and Images", but there are no images in the download...
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby BaconCatBug » 27 May 2013, 14:03

Man do I feel dumb. I forgot to add the rarity images. I've updated and fixed it :D
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Re: BaconCatBug's Customised Proxygen (20/July/2013)

Postby BaconCatBug » 20 Jul 2013, 01:17

Updated to M14
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby skibulk » 20 Jul 2013, 01:21

What happened to Gwar? Are you taking over?
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby melvin » 20 Jul 2013, 02:37

BaconCatBug wrote:Updated to M14
First post not updated with the new download?
melvin
AI Programmer

Next

Return to Utilities