It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 04:59

Text Size

Magic Album Discussion

Moderators: charmer, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Magic Album Discussion

Postby Goblin Hero » 16 Jan 2010, 09:07

Pictures and MA DB are independent. I can only guarantee what each DB record have a picture in the torrent.
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kristijanH » 16 Jan 2010, 09:18

Maybe I wasn't clear. I have YOUR piuctures and some of those cards are not present in database.
kristijanH

Postby Nyth » 17 Jan 2010, 06:09

The simple answer to that question is that the pictures you have are more up-to-date than the database which is usually the case. The database is a hard thing to maintain what with new cards every few months plus changes to Oracle wordings on older cards (especially recently with the M10 Rules Changes). Just be happy that you have more card pics than there are cards in the database. If you're really upset about it, just add the missing promos to the database.
Nyth
HQ Team Member

Postby woogerboy21 » 19 Jan 2010, 01:28

Were would I go about posting what I believe might be a problem with either the cardnames in the database or the csv exporting functionality? I have noticed when saving an inventory to csv I end up with output similar to this:

If your wonder what I am talking about if you look closely the names of all the properly formated cards are highlighted but the card that has tabs between the first word and second word of the name does not. This of course is causing aligning issue's when you work with csv saved inventory files. Seeing as I have only seen this on 2 cards it would lead me to believe the name of the card in the DB is incorrect and not the csv saving routines of the magic album application. Another example is:

Thanks,
Wooger
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby inok » 21 Jan 2010, 04:14

Hello.
Version 1.0.2, some questions:

1. I'm create directory structure, place files here and write path to config (from instruction on download page). Now in scanned card window appears all card pictures, but except basic lands - in all sets. Example path -
Code: Select all
D:\Utils\Magic Album\Pictures\Core Sets\Magic 2010\ENG\Forest[1].jpg
D:\Utils\Magic Album\Pictures\Core Sets\Magic 2010\ENG\Island[2].jpg
I changed file names to Forest1.jpg or Forest.jpg - nothing.

2. In card database not present 9th Edition RUS, although for it have HQ Pics for download. Plans to add them?

Slightly different topic, maybe anyone tell - in http://magiccards.info/ present pictures for Magic 2010 RUS cards, but in page "HQ PICS DOWNLOADS and Status List (MTG)" (when in section "Other Sites That Use Our Work" it is) doesn't link to archive which this pictures - why?
inok
Apprentice

Postby Goblin Hero » 21 Jan 2010, 07:53

inok: Add space before "[".
all: Looking at your wishes pricing will be the next feature to develop. Some thoughts. Hardcoding price import for different sites is a bad idea (sites are constantly changing), so I'm planning to implement external editable import scripts. This way you will be able to add new sites without bothering me :) The most probable script language is lua (www.lua.org).
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby inok » 21 Jan 2010, 10:32

Add space before "["
Thanks, it's helped.
Whats about second question? :)
inok
Apprentice

Postby Goblin Hero » 21 Jan 2010, 11:14

Plans include addition of all foreign sets.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby goldaar » 22 Jan 2010, 02:56

Goblin Hero wrote:inok: Add space before "[".
all: Looking at your wishes pricing will be the next feature to develop. Some thoughts. Hardcoding price import for different sites is a bad idea (sites are constantly changing), so I'm planning to implement external editable import scripts. This way you will be able to add new sites without bothering me :) The most probable script language is lua (http://www.lua.org).
Woot, I'm glad I've coded WoW addons and already know lua! That's a really good idea. I think the only site that would be consistent enough for a hard coded solution would be mtgtraders.
goldaar

Postby woogerboy21 » 23 Jan 2010, 22:13

Goblin Hero wrote:Hardcoding price import for different sites is a bad idea (sites are constantly changing)
Agree'd! :D
Can't wait to see the next release. Patiently awaiting.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby panos » 03 Feb 2010, 09:18

Hi Everyboby.

Goblin Hero thanks again for that great program. Why don't you create a new topic to put all the new pictures for the Magic Album? I started here with Worldwake in 9 languages and the best resolution so far and an updated Promo Cards.

Worldwake
http://rapidshare.com/files/344841101/Worldwake.rar
Promo Cards
http://rapidshare.com/files/344850740/Promo_Cards.rar
panos

Postby Kageyaiba » 20 Feb 2010, 00:02

Hi!

Where does the rarity information of older cards come from? Aysen Highway is shown as U1 in the Database (what does the "1" mean anyway? Does this refer to the amount of cards on one Uncommon print-sheet?), although gatherer says it's a Rare.
Kageyaiba

Postby goldaar » 20 Feb 2010, 07:15

Kageyaiba wrote:Hi!

Where does the rarity information of older cards come from? Aysen Highway is shown as U1 in the Database (what does the "1" mean anyway? Does this refer to the amount of cards on one Uncommon print-sheet?), although gatherer says it's a Rare.
There was a time when there were no Rares in some sets, instead there were different sets of uncommons. They are basically the equivelant of rares but aren't technically.
goldaar

Postby Kageyaiba » 22 Feb 2010, 05:54

goldaar wrote:There was a time when there were no Rares in some sets, instead there were different sets of uncommons. They are basically the equivelant of rares but aren't technically.
So it's an issue of booster-arrangement? Like Rares in an Uncommon-Slot?
Kageyaiba

Postby edforth » 23 Feb 2010, 00:55

Not really, if I remember right, you could buy a booster that didn't come with a "rare"

It's just like you asked: A U1 had one copy of the card on the uncommon sheet, a C4 had 4 copies on the common sheet, etc.

Several older sets did not have a Rare sheet making the "U1" the rarest cards in the set
edforth

PreviousNext

Return to Magic Album