It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 09:29

Text Size

Non-english cards

Moderators: charmer, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Non-english cards

Postby hunter60 » 05 Sep 2011, 21:53

I send you The Dark in Italian , as soon as possible
I start with The Legend.
I have too the 2 MAE decks to add in the db but I don't know what I can do to add it .
hunter60

Postby Stromglad1 » 06 Sep 2011, 03:37

Stromglad1 wrote:
Goblin Hero wrote:
Stromglad1 wrote:Is this enough information to add the set to magic album?
Unfortunately the info is wrong. Look at creature card types. It is written as "Creatura - Zombie" instead of "Summon zombie". Card types have oracle references "[Oracle 1999/11/01]" so I suppose card text is wrong too.
Okay, thanks. I could probably manually fix the card types, based on other Italian cards I own, but there's nothing I can do if the text is wrong. I'll keep looking and see if I can find a better source.
Okay, I've tracked down an online store in Italy with scans of the cards. They've got annoying watermarks across the bottom of each card that make it impossible to read the flavor text, but I think I should be able to copy the card types and text off of them:
http://www.avalonroma.it/components/com ... _153AZ.jpg
Assuming that leaving off the flavored text column isn't a problem, are there any standards I should be using for representing symbols (mana symbols, tap symbol, etc) in the card text?
--------------
My Collection
Stromglad1

Postby Goblin Hero » 06 Sep 2011, 06:21

Stromglad1 wrote:They've got annoying watermarks across the bottom of each card that make it impossible to read the flavor text, but I think I should be able to copy the card types and text off of them.
Are there any standards I should be using for representing symbols (mana symbols, tap symbol, etc) in the card text?
Attached is an excel file with the English Alliances. Just edit it. You can see all the standards inside. And, please, try to decipher flavor text when it is possible.
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Goblin Hero » 06 Sep 2011, 06:21

hunter60 wrote:I have too the 2 MAE decks to add in the db but I don't know what I can do to add it .
I'll prepare Excel file for you when I have time.
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hunter60 » 06 Sep 2011, 17:37

Goblin Hero wrote:
hunter60 wrote:I have too the 2 MAE decks to add in the db but I don't know what I can do to add it .
I'll prepare Excel file for you when I have time.
ok bye
hunter60

Postby Stromglad1 » 14 Sep 2011, 22:13

Goblin Hero wrote:
Stromglad1 wrote:They've got annoying watermarks across the bottom of each card that make it impossible to read the flavor text, but I think I should be able to copy the card types and text off of them.
Are there any standards I should be using for representing symbols (mana symbols, tap symbol, etc) in the card text?
Attached is an excel file with the English Alliances. Just edit it. You can see all the standards inside. And, please, try to decipher flavor text when it is possible.
I've finished updating the excel file and posted it to the bug tracker:
tracker.php?p=3&t=154

I was unable to figure out the flavor text for both versions of Gorilla War Cry, otherwise everything you need should be there.
http://www.avalonroma.it/components/com ... _106AZ.jpg
http://www.avalonroma.it/components/com ... _107AZ.jpg
--------------
My Collection
Stromglad1

Postby hunter60 » 19 Sep 2011, 14:55

For Stromglad1 are you italian ?
If yes have you the way to scan the italian cards ?
I have only a few complete sets and I don't have a scanner too
Bye silvio
hunter60

Postby Carnubak » 19 Sep 2011, 15:19

I have found that WotC has PDF files with the full card images in different languages for Apocalypse in their Product Information page for the set (http://www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/productarticle.aspx?x=mtg_tcg/apocalypse/productinfo). I have checked the cards I own in Spanish for that set, and they seem to be identical, up to the line breaks. So, I started using it to create an Excel file with the information for the set.

However, I found a typo in one of the cards I do not own, and I don't know if the card went to print that way (I assume it did, since it would not be the first typo in a Magic card that makes it to the final product). The card is Brass Herald (Heraldo de bronce) and it reads, on its first paragraph: "En cuanto el Heraldo de bronce entre en juego, elige una tipo de criatura." where the proper Spanish form would be "elige un tipo de criatura". If someone has the card in Spanish, I would like confirmation that it really got printed that way.

I am attaching the Excel file with the first 20 cards loaded in case I need to modify the way I'm loading the information.

Thanks for this great program, I'm classifying all the cards in my collection using it (to the extent of the current database) and I find it extremely useful in ways other programs of this kind were not.
Carnubak

Postby Goblin Hero » 19 Sep 2011, 16:24

Carnubak wrote:I am attaching the Excel file with the first 20 cards loaded in case I need to modify the way I'm loading the information.
Looks good, you may continue. I've noticed only one problem: mana cost in text should be written as "{1}{R}" not "{1R}".
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Stromglad1 » 20 Sep 2011, 01:41

hunter60 wrote:For Stromglad1 are you italian ?
If yes have you the way to scan the italian cards ?
I have only a few complete sets and I don't have a scanner too
Bye silvio
No, I'm American. I've just picked up a bunch of random individual cards and non-english booster packs over the years that I'm trying to go through and catalogue. I've got cards in Italian, German, French, Japanese and a few that I haven't been able to identify, but no more then 15 cards to any given set.
--------------
My Collection
Stromglad1

Postby Carnubak » 20 Sep 2011, 17:04

Goblin Hero wrote:Looks good, you may continue. I've noticed only one problem: mana cost in text should be written as "{1}{R}" not "{1R}".
Ok, I have corrected the kicker cost on Cetavolver, and finished loading the rest of the set. Attaching the Excel file.

Also, I own a number of Spanish cards for older sets, mainly Mercadian Masques and Tempest/Urza blocks, but I'm nowhere near completing any of those sets. Since it appears there are a number of other people in this forum with Spanish cards of their own, I thought it could be useful to combine efforts. I have created a Google Docs spreadsheet for that with a sheet for each set I can confirm from official information (WotC Product Information pages) that there was a Spanish printing. If anyone wishes to collaborate, just PM me and I will add you as a collaborator.

Although the Product Information pages for Portal and Starter sets do not list languages other than English for those products, I own a few (around ten or so) cards from Portal in Spanish. I think that both Portal sets and both Starter sets were printed in Spanish in their entirety. If anyone has enough Spanish cards of those sets to confirm this, please let me know, and I will add sheets to load that information.
Carnubak

Postby Jonix » 25 Sep 2011, 14:27

There is an error in Russian TSP card "Психотический Эпизод". Database lists it as "Психотический эпизод". Actual card has "Эпизод" written with capital Э.
Jonix

Innistrad

Postby Goblin Hero » 27 Sep 2011, 15:38

I have a problem with non-English Innistrad. Gatherer has English card names for all languages.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Innistrad

Postby SoldT » 09 Oct 2011, 11:05

Goblin Hero wrote:I have a problem with non-English Innistrad. Gatherer has English card names for all languages.
It seems that Wizards is not correcting this mistake...

Well, all the others characteristics of each card are correctly translated, so if you want I can translate the card names to Spanish manually....
SoldT

Re: Innistrad

Postby Carnubak » 11 Oct 2011, 04:27

SoldT wrote:
Goblin Hero wrote:I have a problem with non-English Innistrad. Gatherer has English card names for all languages.
It seems that Wizards is not correcting this mistake...

Well, all the others characteristics of each card are correctly translated, so if you want I can translate the card names to Spanish manually....
MagicCards.info has the names for the cards in all languages (in fact they ahve the full text in all languages for all Innistrad cards). Goblin Hero, maybe it's possible to merge the information generated by your tool for extracting from Gatherer with the card lists from MagicCards.info?
Carnubak

PreviousNext

Return to Magic Album