It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:19

Text Size

Pictures not working

Moderators: charmer, CCGHQ Admins

Pictures not working

Postby Strainer » 03 Oct 2009, 14:52

Hi Goblin Hero!

Thank you for this awesome app, I've been looking quite some time for a program that keeps track of my collection. I only have a problem with pictures: I selected my MWS\Pics folder in Magic Album, but none of these pictures are shown.

Any possible fixes?
Strainer

Re: Pictures not working

Postby Goblin Hero » 03 Oct 2009, 15:05

Updated the article:
http://www.slightlymagic.net/software/libraries/22-magic-album
Pls, read how to show the pictures part.
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Strainer » 03 Oct 2009, 16:00

Thx for your fast answer, will you keep the structure for pictures this way or are you planning to structure them like in MWS? (I'm asking because I, like many others, have all my pictures stored in MWS file structure and would have to copy them all to have them available to your program too, so if you're planning to make MWS pics readable i will just wait a little)

Greets
Strainer

Postby Goblin Hero » 03 Oct 2009, 16:14

Strainer wrote:will you keep the structure for pictures this way or are you planning to structure them like in MWS?
Yes, I'll keep it this way.
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Strainer » 04 Oct 2009, 12:22

Thanks for info, I'm currently copying and renaming all the pictures for Magic Album. There is one more issue with the pictures I came across while doing so:

Cards with different versions, like Basic Lands, aren't shown in Magic Album. I tried to rename from "Forest1" to "Forest 1", "Forest.1", "Forest_1" but nothing of those worked. Can you please post the way these cards should be formatted?

Thanks
Strainer

Postby Goblin Hero » 04 Oct 2009, 13:04

I'll make a guide, but here's an example:
Forest [1].jpg
Fire_Ice.jpg
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Goblin Hero » 05 Oct 2009, 06:33

Written new guide with examples:
http://www.slightlymagic.net/software/libraries/22-magic-album
This should help.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby panos » 18 Oct 2009, 23:20

Hi Goblin Hero. I found one more card that can't shown picture. From Unhinged "Question Elemental?" has a questionmark at the end. What we should put at the end of the name at the picture file?
panos

Postby Goblin Hero » 19 Oct 2009, 10:25

panos wrote:What we should put at the end of the name at the picture file?
Forgot about question mark. I'll fix it in the next alpha. Name it "Question Elemental.jpg"
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrewCrew » 02 Nov 2009, 09:00

I am having trouble following the instructions for getting pictures to appear. Is it possible for you to give an explaination in a more laymans terms. I am an advanced user but I not an expert and tried to do a bunch of different things like create directories within the folder that has all the data. I called it Pics/expansions/Zendikat/inset_picture_name_here. and then pointed top this location for pictures.

I am not sure if you want me to change the actual databases or what. Can you help me out with this please and give a more detailed version and assume you would be explaining it to someone who knows very little about actual programming but can mess around in windows with the program files and folders.

BrewCrew
BrewCrew

Postby Goblin Hero » 02 Nov 2009, 13:08

BrewCrew wrote:I called it Pics/expansions/Zendikat/inset_picture_name_here.
You should call it Pics/Expansions/Zendikar/ENG/name_here.jpg
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrewCrew » 03 Nov 2009, 01:43

It is still not working. I made a folder called Pics. Then in that folder made another folder named Expansions. then in that folder I made another folder named Zendikar. In that folder I made the last folder namend ENG. I put the zindikar pictures into that folder and pointed the program to the pics folder (directory pics/expansions/zendikar/eng) . I also renamned the file name. For example, I renamed the cards Adventuring Gear.full to Adventuring Gear.jpg. Then I tried to rename it to Adventuring_Gear.jpg. So far ntohing has worked. Do I need to change something in the spreadsheet?

Help if you can please. I have tried everything.

BrewCrew
BrewCrew

Postby BrewCrew » 03 Nov 2009, 02:08

Is it possible that the data for pictures is not compatable with windows vista? I also have a new version of Excel and have noticed a few name errors in some of the cells because there are europena symbols that are not recognized. However there i snothing wrong witht he Zendikar section so it shoulod work...it just doesn't work.

BrewCrew
BrewCrew

Postby Goblin Hero » 03 Nov 2009, 06:32

BrewCrew wrote:and pointed the program to the pics folder (directory pics/expansions/zendikar/eng)
You must point the program to the root directory of all the pictures. "Pics" in your terminology. It must work. Vista doesn't matter.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrewCrew » 04 Nov 2009, 03:03

OK. I got it to work. Thank you for your patience. I figured it out that when I renamed the file I named it to card_name.jpg.jpg. I didn't have the file extensions showing in windows explorer. All I need to do is delete the .full.

Thanks again.

BrewCrew
BrewCrew

Next

Return to Magic Album