It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 20:55

Text Size

Request for Price Import Script

Moderators: charmer, CCGHQ Admins

Request for Price Import Script

Postby Funkstar » 28 May 2015, 04:35

HI everybody,

i would like to ask somebody to make a price import script for magiccardmarket.eu. It is one of the biggest plattforms for Card Trading and it is used all over europe.

It would be great if anybody can make a script and i am sure that mnay people would use this.

Thanks in advance!

greatings

Timo
Funkstar

Re: Request for Price Import Script

Postby LordHelmchen » 28 May 2015, 11:13

I have been trying to do that for a long time with my LHpi library.
The first try (around LHpi-v2.8 ) by html-scraping turned out not to work, as lots of crucial information was not included when requesting a whole set. Despite wanting to do MKM prices, I turned to lower hanging fruit.
I returned to try importing from MKM October last year, and went the mkm-api route. That aproach was promising, but despite reaching a semi-working alpha I hit some stopgaps and eventually temporally lost my motivation. see tracker.php?p=2&t=488 for details. To save you from trying: that version will not work today.
A month ago I resumed my work, opting to defer downloading data from the api to a seperate script, that has to be run outside of MA as the currently best compromise. Turns out, due to server strain they removed pricing information from the whole-set-request, so instead of ~200 request the downloader has to do ~30.000 single-card-requests. This resulted in "429 Too Many Requests" http errors. I'm currently awaiting a reply from mkm tech support to decide if it's worth pursuing this route.
It would probably work well enough to, say, update only standard sets once a week, but before I feel ok with releasing it, there's still a lot of documentation, testing and error-poofing to be done.
LordHelmchen

Postby Funkstar » 28 May 2015, 13:55

Thanks for your Answer.
I hope you will get it working in the near future.

And let me thank you for your really great other price import scripts. :)
Funkstar

Postby LordHelmchen » 13 Jul 2015, 13:06

As far as LHpi is concerned, to keep all relevant information in one place, please direct further comments to :arrow: LHpi's thread.

:!: Of course, this should in no way deter anyone from tackling the problem from another angle (and therefore discuss it here) 8)
LordHelmchen

Postby LordHelmchen » 08 Oct 2015, 14:22

I have released LHpi.magickartenmarkt.
See the LHpi's wiki page for documentation and give feedback in :arrow: LHpi's thread.
LordHelmchen

Return to Magic Album