It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 07:47

Text Size

MWS Image File Renaming

Moderators: charmer, CCGHQ Admins

MWS Image File Renaming

Postby woogerboy21 » 10 Jan 2010, 03:06

Here is an .hta file that will read the files in a directory and rename the files dropping any .crop or .full portions of there name into the expected folder structure under the magic album applications image directory. Its helpfull when trying to convert a complete directory of MWS images over to the Magic Album application.

My web server is on the fritz at the moment so I have uploaded the screenshot and files to an online file / image server.
Screenshot:

Program:
v0.1 - http://rapidshare.com/files/332967862/MA.Image.Renamer.hta.html
v0.1 - MD5: 91283BB09FC463C77A07277B0457A21E
v0.2 - http://rapidshare.com/files/333246592/MA.Image.Renamer.hta.html
v0.2 - MD5: A565C6E00FD6A065B6D82E12A67FA5D6
v0.3 - http://rapidshare.com/files/333518352/MA.Image.Renamer.hta.html
v0.3 - MD5: C42851A06F403020BC5A0B4CE21C50A0
v0.4 - Added As Attachment
v0.5 - Added As Attachment

(If anyone knows of a better image / file provider feel free to let me know, I typically host things myself)

Make sure you have write permissions on what ever folder you specify as the "magic album folder" path and read permissons on the "magic workstation folder" path. If you run into issue's trying to copy files into somewere like c:\program files\ try using something like c:\temp that you are sure you have proper permissions on. I noticed in vista with certain security settings in place it failes to return proper error codes and descriptions making it about impossible to verify success of failure when certain calls are made.

Currently only the "English" language is supported but if someone could point me to what the 3 letter abbreviations for other languages are I would gladly include them.

NOTE
If you recieve the following error (or similar)

Please choose "no".
If you do not wish to see this message please follow these steps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/175500

Updates:
v0.1 Initial release. Simple functionality that will not traverse any subfolders and does not create any foldering structure in the magic album applciation folder structure. Simply copies files from one folder location to another dropping off any .full or .crop file name portions.

v0.2 Now includes the ability to create the image subfolder structure. It reads the sets.csv file and creates all subfolders read from the file. It doesnt copy the images into the sub folder structure at this time however.

v0.3 Finally the app will traverse the complete pics folder located under your magic workstation directory. It opens the sets.csv file in magic album and creates the expected image folder structure. It then copies the image files to the expected magic album folder removing any .full or .crop file name sections so that they will properly appear in the magic album application! Now you just have to set the preference settings in the magic album application to look under the images subfolder and import all your images from the pics folder under your magic workstation folder path.

v0.4 A Status Box! I have updated the application to include a status box that will show you what file it is currently working on! This should eliminate any "Not Responding" problems.

v0.5 Corrected reported split card file name problems as well as multiple version card file name problems (ex: fire/ice was incorrectly being named to fireice and should be fire_ice, and cards with multiple version were being named cardname1 rather than cardname [1]).

I strongly encourage users to download any new images using the torrent file provided by http://www.slightlymagic.net at http://www.slightlymagic.net/tracker (and peered by many supporters).
Attachments
ma.image.renamer.v05.zip
(2.96 KiB) Downloaded 472 times
Last edited by woogerboy21 on 16 Apr 2010, 12:23, edited 4 times in total.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Re: MWS Image File Renaming

Postby Mavrick593 » 03 Apr 2010, 06:07

awesome program and loads of help, but just a couple of bugs you might or might not know about:

the names for cards that have multiple versions (like in the homelands and fallen empires sets) don't convert to the proper MA format. eg: Goblin War Drums version 1 shows up as "Goblin War Drums1" and not "Goblin War Drums [1]".

similarly, the dual cards like Fire/Ice don't show up in MA readable format. eg: Fire/Ice shows up as "FireIce" out of your program while MA needs it to be "Fire_Ice".

Anyway, thanks a lot!
Mavrick593

Postby FrontLineFodder » 11 Apr 2010, 15:45

Is anybody using this app ?

I think its been a while since MA's torrent was updated, this could be a decent longer term method.

have any of the previously mentioned issues with file name / version format been resolved ?
FrontLineFodder

Postby woogerboy21 » 12 Apr 2010, 04:33

FrontLineFodder wrote:Is anybody using this app ?

I think its been a while since MA's torrent was updated, this could be a decent longer term method.

have any of the previously mentioned issues with file name / version format been resolved ?
I haven't worked on this app since the last posting. I was assuming the torrent file was being updated for the MA application and didn't put any further effort towards this but if the torrent file is not being updated regularly I could brush this of and update it. It shouldn't need many changes or updates to work with any of the newer sets as long as the file names follow the existing file name formats and the sets file in the MA application is updated accordingly.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby woogerboy21 » 12 Apr 2010, 04:43

Mavrick593 wrote:awesome program and loads of help, but just a couple of bugs you might or might not know about:

the names for cards that have multiple versions (like in the homelands and fallen empires sets) don't convert to the proper MA format. eg: Goblin War Drums version 1 shows up as "Goblin War Drums1" and not "Goblin War Drums [1]".

similarly, the dual cards like Fire/Ice don't show up in MA readable format. eg: Fire/Ice shows up as "FireIce" out of your program while MA needs it to be "Fire_Ice".

Anyway, thanks a lot!
Nope was not aware of these issue's. Did you possibly make note of any problematic card images other thatn the ones listed above so that I may look into it? I have a feeling almost the entire fallen empire set doesnt work (seeing as it has multiple versions of just about every card). But the dual cards I am not to familiar with.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby Goblin Hero » 12 Apr 2010, 10:42

FrontLineFodder wrote:I think its been a while since MA's torrent was updated, this could be a decent longer term method.
I do not forget about the torrent. There will be an update after the RoE release.
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby woogerboy21 » 12 Apr 2010, 11:24

It wouldn't hurt for me to update it to atleast properly format the different version of each cards correctly. That shouldn't be to much of a hassle (hopefully :)). But the split cards such as fire/ice would need to be defined so without knowing every single one those might be a bit more tricky.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby woogerboy21 » 12 Apr 2010, 20:21

Mavrick593 wrote:awesome program and loads of help, but just a couple of bugs you might or might not know about:

Anyway, thanks a lot!
Alright app is updated. Thanks for letting me know of the problems. I will need input on any problems. This was the first I had heard of the split card name problem as well as the version name problem. The multiple version naming problem should be resolved even in future expansions but since there is no way to systematically identify a split name card future expansions will need to have those cards defined in the code. How ever moving forward I strongly encourage anyone wanting new images to use the torrent for file image downloads when using the magic album application. This app was designed to help people with bandwidth limitations.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Return to Magic Album