It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:05

Text Size

Pricing (Scripts and Notes)

Moderators: charmer, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Pricing (Scripts and Notes)

Postby woogerboy21 » 17 May 2011, 17:56

TCGPlayerHIGH should now be fixed, How I managed to fat finger the HIGH script and not the MED/LOW scripts I have no idea :)
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby dukemb » 17 May 2011, 20:11

Thanks, woogerboy. But when I wan't to update prices on 2nd computer, I don't see when the last update was made on 1st computer. This data is not saved in any file in prices directory. I wanted to know where this data is saved.
dukemb

Postby moviemadnessman » 17 May 2011, 20:19

dukemb wrote:Thanks, woogerboy. But when I wan't to update prices on 2nd computer, I don't see when the last update was made on 1st computer. This data is not saved in any file in prices directory. I wanted to know where this data is saved.
Magic Album folder> Config folder> Prices.cfg

MA keeps track of price update times/dates, not the individual scripts.
moviemadnessman

Postby dukemb » 17 May 2011, 20:31

thanks!
dukemb

Postby chreschi » 19 May 2011, 20:41

Hello and thanks a lot for putting so much work into the pricing scripts! I really appreciate this feature a LOT! =D>
I just wanted to bring (once again) the problem of the promo card pricing to the board... I'd be a very happy user if at least one of the scripts could be coaxed into doing this... If there's something that I can do in this regard (without programming skills, however), let me know [-o<
Cheers
Chris
chreschi

Postby woogerboy21 » 20 May 2011, 01:01

chreschi wrote:Hello and thanks a lot for putting so much work into the pricing scripts! I really appreciate this feature a LOT! =D>
I just wanted to bring (once again) the problem of the promo card pricing to the board... I'd be a very happy user if at least one of the scripts could be coaxed into doing this... If there's something that I can do in this regard (without programming skills, however), let me know [-o<
Cheers
Chris
Do you have an idea of a site that contains promo cards that are sorted by set? The biggest problem I remember with doing promo cards in the past is most sites lump promo's together and there was no easy way to identify what set each promo was from (working off memory).
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby chreschi » 20 May 2011, 23:12

By "sets", do you mean something like the categories on http://www.trollandtoad.com/Magic%3A-Th ... p1n10.html ? Or is it something entirely different?
chreschi

Postby moviemadnessman » 21 May 2011, 06:58

chreschi wrote:By "sets", do you mean something like the categories on http://www.trollandtoad.com/Magic%3A-Th ... p1n10.html ? Or is it something entirely different?
Somthing along the lines of:
Prerelease promos
FNM Promos
Arena Promos
etc

The link you posted has all the promos of various types all grouped as one, whereas MA has the programs by group (prerelease, FNM, etc). That's why it is hard to get promo prices from most sites, since the scripts look based off MA format.
moviemadnessman

Postby woogerboy21 » 21 May 2011, 17:19

Really any sites promo cards can be worked in its just the amount of additional code required to properly categorize the promo's and personally i just haven't had the time. Maybe ill try and pick atleast one site to get promo prices working and build from there. Anyone know of a site that contains most (if not all) the promo cards and prices?
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby chreschi » 21 May 2011, 21:24

That's why I'm a bit confused. Actually, Troll and Toad (as well as some others, too) does have a possibility to look for specific groups like FNM or Judge foils. In the case of TnT, there's the following categories:
> Alternate Artwork
> Arena League Promos
> Champs Promos
> Commemorative Cards
> Wizards of the Coast Promotional Foils
> DCI Legends Membership Promos
> Friday Night Magic
> Japanese Promo
> Judge Rewards
> Junior Super Series
> Magazine/Book/Comic Promo
> Magic Player Rewards
> Pre-Release and Standard Release Cards
> Promo Basic Lands
> Token Cards
They do not correspond to all the detailed subgroups in MA, but it's a start...

Also, this site would be a good starting point, as they have comparably a lot of promo cards, and they have also a price displayed even if the cards are not in stock (which is a common problem with promos)
chreschi

Postby chreschi » 21 May 2011, 21:25

Btw: if there's some work that can be done by non-programming MA users out there, just let me know ;-)
chreschi

Postby woogerboy21 » 21 May 2011, 21:46

chreschi wrote:That's why I'm a bit confused. Actually, Troll and Toad (as well as some others, too) does have a possibility to look for specific groups like FNM or Judge foils. In the case of TnT, there's the following categories:
> Alternate Artwork
> Arena League Promos
> Champs Promos
> Commemorative Cards
> Wizards of the Coast Promotional Foils
> DCI Legends Membership Promos
> Friday Night Magic
> Japanese Promo
> Judge Rewards
> Junior Super Series
> Magazine/Book/Comic Promo
> Magic Player Rewards
> Pre-Release and Standard Release Cards
> Promo Basic Lands
> Token Cards
They do not correspond to all the detailed subgroups in MA, but it's a start...

Also, this site would be a good starting point, as they have comparably a lot of promo cards, and they have also a price displayed even if the cards are not in stock (which is a common problem with promos)
I think the confusion might come in since there is lack of understanding on how the scripts actually operate. Currently the way they work is there is a listing of set to set id's that magic album uses in the database and when a card name is identified to a price you have to set the card price by set id (not set name). So if the pricing page does not line up with the magic album set name's (identified by id) there is no current method for identifying the promo cards set to associate it with a magic album database set id. Additional work would need to be implemented in order to make this happen.

Take for example the trollandtoad page. Yes there is a "FNM" page. And that lines up with 1 of the many promo magic album database set id's but how about the "alternate art" promo page. They have "Gateway Foil" and "Champ Foil" (and others) listed under that page. With the current code structure in place there is a way to identify the card name and price on the page but there is no way for the script to say the identified card is a "Gateway" promo or a "Release" Promo or a "Champs" promo.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby woogerboy21 » 21 May 2011, 21:47

Oh and did I mention every site is generally different. I've been trying to come up with a simple method that would work for multiple sites but haven't yet discovered a way to do so.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby chreschi » 22 May 2011, 00:39

I can see the general problem, even though I don't understand the mechanics of the script in detail, as you've pointed out correctly. I sure don't want to complain and I perfectly understand if the promos wouldn't make it into the pricing scripts.

If, however, there is anything that can be done by "the community", maybe linking single cards to MA's reference or finding out which codes are used for which promo type, I'd be (as mentioned before) more than happy to help.
And I don't think that it'd a problem to cover e.g., only 80% of the promos - even the different MTG libraries are not consistent in categorizing promo cards, so why should the vendors be different...

chreschi

Postby Evert » 23 May 2011, 10:02

Hi all,

There aren't any prices in the column's in my Magic Album database. I tried to get them by clicking on Prices, Manage and Update, but I still don't see any prices.

Can anyone help me with this?

Regards,

Evert
Evert

PreviousNext

Return to Magic Album