It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 04:41

Text Size

Pricing (Scripts and Notes)

Moderators: charmer, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Pricing (Scripts and Notes)

Postby moviemadnessman » 23 May 2011, 14:13

Evert wrote:Hi all,

There aren't any prices in the column's in my Magic Album database. I tried to get them by clicking on Prices, Manage and Update, but I still don't see any prices.

Can anyone help me with this?

Regards,

Evert
When updating prices, you need to select the script, then click update...there isn't (currently) a way to update all, and I don't know that clicking update without a script selected actually updates anything (though I could be wrong).

Also (and sorry to have to ask), but do you have the columns for Price (R) and Price (F) marked to show in your Inventory or the Database? Obviously having a price index won't help if they aren't set to show, so we need to check.
moviemadnessman

Postby woogerboy21 » 23 May 2011, 15:30

Also could you verify you are up to date on the version of MA you are running. There was a previous release with a bug found that the prices were collected through the price update process but not displayed properly in the UI.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby Evert » 23 May 2011, 23:09

Hi guys,

Thanks. I had to select 'MTG Mint Card' to make it work. I also downloaded the other Shop scripts and everything is fine now. I already marked the Price column's but thanks anyway.

Regards,

Evert
Evert

Postby woogerboy21 » 26 May 2011, 14:03

I noticed last night that www.capefeargames.com changed there HTML structure when you go to there site causing there pricing script to begin failing to collect prices. I just wanted to remind everyone that this can occur (fairly common) and if anyone starts noticing that a particular pricing script is no longer collecting any prices please post the issue so it can be looked into.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby chreschi » 10 Jul 2011, 19:15

Hello
it seems to me that the scripting for GamingETC is not working anymore - it takes only a few seconds to update and I can't see any changes.
Best regards
Chris
chreschi

Postby woogerboy21 » 11 Jul 2011, 03:16

chreschi wrote:Hello
it seems to me that the scripting for GamingETC is not working anymore - it takes only a few seconds to update and I can't see any changes.
Best regards
Chris
Thanks for letting me know. I'll take a look. I'm slowly getting the current list of pricing scripts updated to include the last few sets added to the MA database but being on business trip it is going slow so don't expect to quick of an update this time around. Maybe in a couple more days (hoping to get things done before the official release).
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby woogerboy21 » 17 Jul 2011, 19:44

New script versions available from main post. Notes I show:
  • updated capefeargames to reflect change in site html code change
  • removed duplicate mtgmintcard scripts
  • updated template to reflect database updates for m12,commander, and DD: Knights vs. Dragons
  • updated abugames to collect prices for m12,commander, and DD: Knights vs. Dragons
  • updated capefeargames to collect prices for m12,commander, and DD: Knights vs. Dragons
  • updated cardhausgames to collect prices for m12 and commander (no singles listed for DD: Knights vs. Dragons)
  • updated cardkingdom to collect prices for m12,commander, and DD: Knights vs. Dragons
  • updated channelfireball to reflect web site html code change (prices should begin collecting again)
  • updated channelfireball to collect prices for m12,commander, and DD: Knights vs. Dragons
  • updated gamingetc to reflect web site html code change (prices should begin collecting again, may need additional troubleshooting)
  • updated gamingetc to collect prices for m12,commander
  • updated magic traders to collect prices for m12 (though it appears m12 prices are not available yet)
  • updated matchplay to collect prices for m12,commander, and DD: Knights vs. Dragons
  • updated mtgfanatic to collect prices for m12,commander, and DD: Knights vs. Dragons
  • updated mtgmintcard to collect prices for m12,commander, and DD: Knights vs. Dragons
  • updated oldschoolgaming to collect prices for m12,commander, and DD: Knights vs. Dragons
  • updated starcitygames to collect prices for m12,commander, and DD: Knights vs. Dragons
  • updated tcgplayer to collect prices for m12, and commander
  • updated trollandtoad to collect prices for m12, commander, and DD: Knights vs. Dragons
  • updated ccgbot to collect prices for new phyrexia, m12, commander, and DD: Knights vs. Dragons
  • corrected code for magiconabudget script (script should actually execute now without errors)
  • updated magiconabudget to collect prices for m12

Couple things to note. ChannelFireball and MTGFanatic pricing scripts do work for M12, they have the "Preorder" information in each card name. When that is removed you will begin to have prices import into Magic Album from there sites for those sets.

Also updated CapeFearGames and GamingEtc HTML code layout changes. They should be working again.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby Bloodnut » 31 Jul 2011, 20:24

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but it's been a few update rounds that I try to update the prices from ChannelFireball to no avail.
after the update process completes the csv file looks populated (13673 entries) but it doesn't show the price except on select cards such as Arcanis the Omnipotent or Captain of the Watch.

help please.
Bloodnut

Postby woogerboy21 » 01 Aug 2011, 18:00

Bloodnut wrote:I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but it's been a few update rounds that I try to update the prices from ChannelFireball to no avail.
after the update process completes the csv file looks populated (13673 entries) but it doesn't show the price except on select cards such as Arcanis the Omnipotent or Captain of the Watch.

help please.
I can say that channel fireball recently updated there html code and I had to make some adjustments to the code for the pricing scripts but I believe at my last use of the channelfireball script you should be getting the majority of the newer sets past M10. Many of the older sets I am continously working on getting the text captures working correctly. Which particular sets are you seeing issue's with? Older / Newer?
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby Bloodnut » 01 Aug 2011, 18:40

new and old alike.
I'm uploading the csv from a few days ago together with my inventory (not that it's really needed). I got only 3 cards showing price for it.
Attachments
MA.zip
(47.36 KiB) Downloaded 373 times
Bloodnut

Postby woogerboy21 » 01 Aug 2011, 18:48

Bloodnut wrote:new and old alike.
I'm uploading the csv from a few days ago together with my inventory (not that it's really needed). I got only 3 cards showing price for it.
Yea it looks like the company they use for there store has changed the html code structure yet again. Some company by the name of "crystalcommerce.com". It appears capefeargames.com may use them as well. (probably others.)
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby woogerboy21 » 01 Aug 2011, 20:07

Here is a quick edit of the channelfireball script that should get you most the prices for now. I will have to work in a few things for it to collect all the prices from the site. It looks like they have a different html structure for the highest so many priced cards in a set. I also haven't checked to see if foil prices work. BUT.... this should get you something atleast till I have time to really look into it.
Attachments
ChannelFireball.zip
(8.94 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby Bloodnut » 02 Aug 2011, 11:27

even though about a 1/3 of the lib is still missing it's much better than before.
Bloodnut

Postby woogerboy21 » 02 Aug 2011, 13:29

I've noticed that there are a number of companies that use this vendor for there online presence. And they have already changed there HTML formats twice causing the scripts to begin to fail to collect data. I don't have to much time lately due to other things IRL but I'll see if there is a better way of collecting the data. One thing I would suggest to anyone that is interested is using the local price lua script and collecting the data yourself using whatever method you prefer and then that script will import the prices. It sounds like a bit of trouble but can often allow for things like scheduled scanning if you use some type of outside scripting mechanism to collect prices. If you want to keep the high / avg / low pricing functionality of the MA application simply copy the local script and name the different copies accordingly and point each one to there appropriate pricing file. I have been more inclined to moving to something like this since price importing takes a considerable less amount of time. And due to you not being able to hide the pricing window during price collection I am not a fan of not being able to use the application while price importing is going on.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby Mr.C » 10 Aug 2011, 03:58

After the latest update of MA + scripts, TCGPlayerLow no longer takes 12 hours on my computer.

Go figure.
Mr.C

PreviousNext

Return to Magic Album