It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:48

Text Size

New to this

Moderators: charmer, CCGHQ Admins

New to this

Postby draytalon » 25 Mar 2010, 14:17

Firstly, i am sorry if this question has been posted in the past, but i am having a small problem with Magic Album and the Deck builder.exe. I would like to know where exactly i am going wrong with these 2 problems, i can, and i think it's very easy to use, create a master database of all my cards and create decks at the same time, but what i cannot do is get the pictures to show up in either program. I downloaded MWS and all the pictures, redirected my magic album to point to the pictures, but upon loading and subsequently highlighting a card, i still get no picture showing. My box in magic album still shows grey with Scanned Cards at the top of it and in the deckbuilder it is still white with just the wording from the card. I am running vista 64b. I did before i upgraded run another program Magic Suitcase, but that caused so much errors running on vista 64 that i got to the point where i searched for more idea's and came across this little program. As i have been trying it out now for about 1 week, i am very impressed by the coding and work that you all have put into it, and to make the interface so easy to use, but when i started to play magic when Ravnica was released, over the last few years i have purchased numerous older cards and because the data base might have 2 or 3 of the same card but with different version numbers i cannot add the correct cards to my database as i do not know the version number, so i thought that if i was able to see a picture of the card it would help me place the correct card into my database. Again, i am sorry if this question has already been posted in the past.

Regards

Dray Talon©
Last edited by Huggybaby on 25 Mar 2010, 14:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to proper forum
Dray Talon©
draytalon

Re: New to this

Postby DarkMantle » 25 Mar 2010, 21:48

My understanding is MWS and magic album don't use the same format to find the images.

To get the images working follow the instructions at

http://www.slightlymagic.net/software/l ... agic-album

Worked fine for me.
DarkMantle

Postby draytalon » 27 Mar 2010, 14:03

DarkMantle wrote:My understanding is MWS and magic album don't use the same format to find the images.

To get the images working follow the instructions at

http://www.slightlymagic.net/software/l ... agic-album

Worked fine for me.
Thanks for the reply darkmantle, and i did follow the instructions on the home page but not being computer literate, it really made no sense to me, but i did manage to download a 4gb file of all the magic the gathering card sets, all pictures are in jpeg format, i redirected my magic album to the pictures but they still do not load in, is MA using a different format for pictures and if so what do i need to convert these files to that format.

Regards
Dray Talon©
draytalon

Postby Huggybaby » 27 Mar 2010, 17:08

Where did you get the 4GB set?
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby draytalon » 29 Mar 2010, 13:32

Huggybaby wrote:Where did you get the 4GB set?
Actually Huggybaby i downloaded this 4gb file from this site, there was a link to it which i clicked on and it sent it directly to my utorrent client for downloading, maybe, and i might be correct in this, it was probably a file for MWS and i have put it in the wrong place while i was moving files about, but because all the files are zipped and when opened, they are all jpeg's, i assumed i could use it with MA. Well there is where my assumption ends, i was wrong. Does MA use jpeg format or do i need to convert them to bmp or whatever.

Regards
Dray Talon©
draytalon

Postby draytalon » 29 Mar 2010, 13:34

http://www.slightlymagic.net:2710/0bf31 ... 1/announce

This is the torrent link that downloaded that 4gb file off all Magic Cards
Dray Talon©
draytalon

Postby Huggybaby » 29 Mar 2010, 14:01

MA uses jpg format. The fulls are named card.jpg, whereas for MWS they are named card.full.jpg.
But it seems you downloaded the MA card set, so that's not an issue.
That leaves two things: the sets are compressed with Winrar. They must be unrared to work. You can use Winrar or 7zip or other utilties to do that. The other is that you must specify the correct path.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby draytalon » 29 Mar 2010, 18:39

Yup, i did unrar the files, and i must admit, the pictures are of high quality. I moved them all into a folder labeled pictures inside MA but with the different pictures for the sets i really had to place them in folders IE.. Alpha, Beta, 6th edition etc, etc. because if i did not then each set would rewrite over the previous sets picture and only give me the newest picture, for instance, when i moved the set containing the nightmare that was fine, but when i went to move the 10th edition into the folder it rewrote the original nightmare card with the 10th edition one, therefore only giving me the option of the 10th edition card. But i could still not get MA to pick up the pictures, is there something that i am doing wrong. By the way, the interface on MA is so much easier to use than other formats i have tried, congrats to all that have worked on this project and to help out, if i find any bugs i will report them as to complaining about them.

On a footnote this is the path that i set my MA to pick up the cards.
C:\Users\John Banks\Downloads\Magic+Album+1.0.4\Magic Album\Pictures

Then with this one not working i went and did the following......
C:\Users\John Banks\Downloads\Magic+Album+1.0.4\Magic Album\Pictures\1st Limited Edition Alpha

This is the folder that i set up for the Alpha set with all the pictures from that set in there, but i still cannot get them to load in.

Regards
Dray Talon©
draytalon

Postby Huggybaby » 29 Mar 2010, 21:11

You're making it much too difficult, and you screwed up renaming directories.

The torrent is a folder called PicturesTorrent. Your path to card pictures should point to that PicturesTorrent folder. Simple.

GoblinHero has everything named correctly already. For example inside the Core Sets folder is 1st Limited Edition Alpha.rar. Unrar that and you get a 1st Limited Edition Alpha\ENG folder. Don't rename anything.

Nothing goes in the Pictures folder, and if you have to overwrite anything you're really doing something wrong.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby draytalon » 30 Mar 2010, 03:44

Huggybaby wrote:You're making it much too difficult, and you screwed up renaming directories.

The torrent is a folder called PicturesTorrent. Your path to card pictures should point to that PicturesTorrent folder. Simple.

GoblinHero has everything named correctly already. For example inside the Core Sets folder is 1st Limited Edition Alpha.rar. Unrar that and you get a 1st Limited Edition Alpha\ENG folder. Don't rename anything.

Nothing goes in the Pictures folder, and if you have to overwrite anything you're really doing something wrong.
Hmmm, i must be missing something here, i unrared all the files, pointed my MA to the folder containing the pictures and still nothing. I did not rename anything, just unrared eveything. Once the files unrared, they created their own sub folders within the Picturestorrent folder, so as an experiment i copied all the pictures and transferred then into the PicturesTorrent folder without the sub folders, deleted eveything else inside the PicturesTorrent folder, but upon copying the pictures when the Alpha set was copied, then i tried copying the next set into the folder, some of the cards was asking to be replaced with these cards IE.... Replace Air elemental with this card Air Elemental or keep both and one will be renamed Air Elemental (2).

Regards
Dray Talon©
draytalon

Postby Huggybaby » 30 Mar 2010, 04:34

The first part was right, the experiment part was wrong. What is the exact path you are using?
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby draytalon » 30 Mar 2010, 10:36

Huggybaby wrote:The first part was right, the experiment part was wrong. What is the exact path you are using?
C:\Users\John Banks\Downloads\Magic+Album+1.0.4\Magic Album\PicturesTorrent

Now it could be that the path name could be too long, as of yet i have not moved it to it's own folder station, i could do that so the path name would read

C:\Magic Album\PicturesTorrent

regards
Dray Talon©
draytalon

Postby ExnuX » 30 Mar 2010, 11:42

ExnuX

Postby Huggybaby » 30 Mar 2010, 16:22

draytalon wrote:
Huggybaby wrote:The first part was right, the experiment part was wrong. What is the exact path you are using?
C:\Users\John Banks\Downloads\Magic+Album+1.0.4\Magic Album\PicturesTorrent

Now it could be that the path name could be too long, as of yet i have not moved it to it's own folder station, i could do that so the path name would read

C:\Magic Album\PicturesTorrent

regards
My path is longer than that and it works.

C:\Users\Huggy\Desktop\Storage\Torrents\PicturesTorrent

And I also just tested by adding Magic+Album+1.0.4.

The images don't need to be renamed if you got them from the torrent. I'm stumped unless you unrared them wrong somehow.

FYI the path to one of my sets is C:\Users\Huggy\Desktop\Storage\Torrents\PicturesTorrent\Core Sets\1st Limited Edition Alpha\ENGIs the bolded part the same for yours?
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby draytalon » 30 Mar 2010, 19:06

Weird, i redirected MA (I do have v1.0.4) to the following folder........

C:\Users\John Banks\Downloads\Magic+Album+1.0.4\Magic Album\PicturesTorrent\Core Sets\1st Limited Edition Alpha\1st Limited Edition Alpha\ENG

Nothing renamed, just unrared all the 1st limited alpha sets into this folder, now there is pictures there, but for some reason MA will not pick them up, i know this as i went and typed in Air Elemental and then scrolled till i found the alpha one and selected it, but no picture appeared, the box on the right hand side of MA where it says Scanned pictures is still gray, i shut down MA and restarted thinking that may help, but still no luck either. Now, i have about 15 decks in the database, if i uninstall and reinstall MA would i lose all my decks, time consuming putting them all back in but if i must, i will.

Regards
Dray Talon©
draytalon

Next

Return to Magic Album