It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 18:24

Text Size

Future of the Magic Album - please read this

Moderators: charmer, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Future of the Magic Album - please read this

Postby Feral Thallid » 13 Dec 2020, 02:51

I have to say a big thank you to GoblinHero and Daniel, for the hard work in putting Magic Album together and keeping it running. I've been using it for a long time, and have led others to it too - it's a fantastic program, I have found it extremely helpful in managing my collection, thank you very very much!

One quick question - with the new updates, there are cards that have both a version S and version P, which are from promos (for example, hovering over the set symbol for two versions of Luminarch Aspirant it says "Zendikar Rising Promos"; one version is S and one is P). Could you please clarify what the S and P stand for? I have some cards that definitely are one of these, but I'm not sure which (here's hoping WOTC calms down a bit with making new alternate versions of cards for awhile, for your sake in programming as well as ours for collecting).

Thanks again for all you've done and all you continue to do, it is very much appreciated!
Feral Thallid

Postby Goblin Hero » 13 Dec 2020, 11:09

Feral Thallid wrote:Could you please clarify what the S and P stand for?
S is date stamped:
https://scryfall.com/card/pznr/24s/luminarch-aspirant
P is other variant:
https://scryfall.com/card/pznr/24p/luminarch-aspirant
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Feral Thallid » 14 Dec 2020, 00:46

Fantastic, thanks so much!
Feral Thallid

Postby Needles » 18 Feb 2021, 11:34

I discovered MA quite recently and have enjoyed using it on Windows and also under wine. I have been using bash scripts to import card lists from scryfall and the tcgplayer scanning app (formerly scryglass) and it was more straightforward that I had expected. Well, actually, at first, I naively thought that taking deck list and adding it to a card collection would be a pretty straightforward option, but you of course need to pick a set/language/foil/non-foil etc which is not normally specified in a deck list. I found using the scryfall api easier to script than fishing for the data MA has, but, anyway, got a pretty accurate list of all my cards in the end from the various sources I had this information stored in.

The long and short of it is that I would be very interested to work on MA, maybe helping with Daniel to automate more of the new set database work, porting, adding import/export options or new search features.

Did you decide to make the source available generally, or just to initiated contributor(s)?
Needles

Postby Daniel » 09 Oct 2021, 07:37

I'm looking for a volunteer to help us find bugs in MA. Please send me a message, if you are interested. Thank you.
Daniel

Postby Heartyshow » 02 Nov 2023, 11:52

Hi Daniel,

How can we help to have the latest sets in the MA Database when they are released ?
Heartyshow

Postby Daniel » 05 Nov 2023, 10:44

Hello Heartyshow!
We need a programmer who can improve our current card fetcher software or write a new one. We have a volunteer who is already working on a project like this, but i didn't receive any results yet.
Daniel

Previous

Return to Magic Album