It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 06:44

Text Size

Question about csv import

Moderators: charmer, CCGHQ Admins

Question about csv import

Postby wwwmagnottait » 09 May 2021, 18:54

Hi all,
I downloaded latest version of Magic Album, to organize my Magic cards inventory.
I've nearly 3.000 cards stored on Cardmarket and Cartrader, and I exported an excel file with all my cards.

Unfortunately, when I try to import them in Magic Album with csv import I always get a FAIL message. I also tryed to download your .csv example (in Help folder) and pasted there all data in the right columns, but it still fails.

The problem is that the csv generated by Cardtrader do not have the Set\Expansions abbreviation as in Magic Album, but contains unique numbers for each set. I need at least to import all the cards, and then try to change manually the expansions. Is there a way to put a "default" field in the Set column, so maybe I don't get the error?

Many thanks for your support :)
wwwmagnottait

Re: Question about csv import

Postby Goblin Hero » 10 May 2021, 08:23

wwwmagnottait wrote:I need at least to import all the cards, and then try to change manually the expansions.
It's not possible. MA checks card's existence in the set during import.
The only way for you - edit csv before import and replace all numeric codes with sets abbreviations.
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bismarc123 » 06 Sep 2022, 09:55

I often have problems with CSV file import. The main reason I faced these issues was the wrong structure of the CSV file.
bismarc123

Postby anonymous1989 » 07 Sep 2022, 09:42

bismarc123 wrote:I often have problems with CSV file import. The main reason I faced these issues was the wrong structure of the CSV file.
I'll try to describe my process of importing CSV files. First, I opened the file in Excel and checked the column titles. They must be consistent across all rows and well written for Excel to recognize them correctly. Next, I look into column types (Numeric, Date, or time). Numeric columns should be formatted as such. Date and time columns should be formatted as "mm/dd/yyyy" and "hh:mm:ss". If not, Excel will ignore them and show them as numbers. After that, I save the file in CSV format, and then I can open it in Tableau. More often than, this process works well. If this won't work, I can recommend using https://www.coupler.io/excel-integrations/asana-to-excel.
anonymous1989

Return to Magic Album