It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 14:44

Text Size

Export to MWS.

Moderators: charmer, CCGHQ Admins

Export to MWS.

Postby konoro » 27 Aug 2010, 08:41

Hello,

Sorry if it has already been asked and answered, I did a quick search but I didn't find what I was looking for.

Let me explain my setup, I recently decided to encode all my cards and I found MWS and Magic Album. I like the latter more, it's way easier to encode the cards and to sort them etc. But I need some options of MWS (like the battles). In fact I plan to install MWS on my desktop computer and MA on my laptop.

I know that we can import MWS libraries in Magic Album, but before I really start encoding I'd like to know if it's possible to convert MA libraries in MWS libraries so that I'll encode all in MA and then use the same library for MWS on my desktop.

Thank you for your concern, Keep up the excellent work!
konoro

Re: Export to MWS.

Postby Goblin Hero » 27 Aug 2010, 12:28

konoro wrote:I'd like to know if it's possible to convert MA libraries in MWS libraries
It's not possible for inventories, only for decks (so you can deckbuild in MA and then play in MWS).
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aku » 07 Sep 2010, 09:29

Goblin Hero wrote:It's not possible for inventories, only for decks (so you can deckbuild in MA and then play in MWS).
Out of curiosity (I'm not hoping to get back to MWS), if it's possible to import, why it's not possible to export ?

"Don't laugh. It works."
aku

Postby Goblin Hero » 07 Sep 2010, 09:39

aku wrote:
Goblin Hero wrote:if it's possible to import, why it's not possible to export ?
Even import is not perfect. As for the export it would be impossible to export tokens, tips, nontraditional cards, cards with non-numerical version field, grade info, etc. Why bother writing the code what won't transfer most of the data?
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Magic Album