It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 22:57

Text Size

Magic Album Discussion

Moderators: charmer, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Magic Album 1.5 Discussion

Postby skibulk » 13 Jun 2013, 13:35

@Goblin Hero
While I'm sure you have every intention of supporting this software far into the future, the inevitable hourglass of our lives flows steady, and in some cases shatters unexpectedly. With closed source software, there's always a concern that it may be abandoned one day. While opening this project to the git hub community could reduce your development burden, I understand if you do not want to release your work into the wild. I would like to ask for your reassurance that you have taken the steps necessary to ensure that this project, your legacy, will continue to grow beyond your own vision. Have you willed the project to the public domain? Do you maintain an archive of versioned software that can be easily distributed in such an event?

On the behalf of the community, thanks for your hard work.
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby Goblin Hero » 13 Jun 2013, 14:59

skibulk wrote:I understand if you do not want to release your work into the wild.
I do not want now. Plus, MA is based on codejock library with my own patches. I can release my sources, my patches but I can't open the library's sources.
skibulk wrote: I would like to ask for your reassurance that you have taken the steps necessary to ensure that this project, your legacy, will continue to grow beyond your own vision.
I will do my best.
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby asfrag » 17 Jun 2013, 23:20

I don't want to open a new for this question, and considering it's short and simple, might as well ask here.

Is there a way to change the apostrophe in Magic Album, from [ ’ ] to [ ' ] ? So all cards and oracle texts that contain an apostrophe can have this correct sign. I don't know if my version of MagicAlbum or sth is an exception, but it keeps displaying this [ ’ ] sign instead of [ ' ], which is not a problem but it becomes one if you export inventories, then other software has trouble recognizing cards with that sign in their name...

Thanks a lot in advance, and sorry if this issue has already been asked/resolved/answered.
asfrag

Postby Goblin Hero » 18 Jun 2013, 09:12

asfrag wrote:So all cards and oracle texts that contain an apostrophe can have this correct sign.
MA displays the proper apostrophe sign which is printed on all the cards.
asfrag wrote:then other software has trouble recognizing cards with that sign in their name...
It's the problem of your software. Use Search/Replace function in any text editor before importing. I do not want to change the current MA behavior.
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby naoki1980 » 22 Jun 2013, 01:26

Hi there,

Just wondering if it is possible to have a function to print the deck list on a DCI Deck Registration Sheet template?
naoki1980

Postby Goblin Hero » 12 Jul 2013, 15:22

naoki1980 wrote:Just wondering if it is possible to have a function to print the deck list on a DCI Deck Registration Sheet template?
Feature worth implementing. Add it to the wishlist (and attach a template of the Registration Sheet if you can).
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby sho » 03 Nov 2013, 16:23

Hi,
Is it possible to have primary and secondary sort? I have not been able to find it in the GU.
To be exact what I am asking is if you can for example sort primarily by color and secondary by name (very useful for inventorying).
If not already implemented, how feasible is it?
sho

Postby Nexensis » 03 Nov 2013, 18:37

Click on the column for your primary sort. Hold shift, then click on the column for your secondary sort. You can add further levels of sorting by continuing to hold shift while clicking on more columns.
Nexensis

Re: Magic Album Discussion

Postby raphael75 » 06 Jan 2017, 02:50

I noticed that in the Oracle Text field, I can put in a string like "rat c" to search for "rat creature", but if I put in "rat " or " rat" to try to find the word rat with a space before or after, it removes the quotation marks and trims the string. Is it possible to add this functionality, or to add a "whole word only" search option to just look for "rat", "rat.", etc. but not "regenerate"? Thanks!
raphael75
Programmer

Postby steiny58 » 16 Jan 2017, 22:56

Is there any plan to include Planechase Anthology? I have all the planes and a few cards from it and I wanted to add them to my collection.
steiny58

Postby Goblin Hero » 17 Jan 2017, 07:46

steiny58 wrote:Is there any plan to include Planechase Anthology? I have all the planes and a few cards from it and I wanted to add them to my collection.
Isn't it an exact copy of the old Planechase decks?
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby steiny58 » 17 Jan 2017, 15:24

Goblin Hero wrote:
steiny58 wrote:Is there any plan to include Planechase Anthology? I have all the planes and a few cards from it and I wanted to add them to my collection.
Isn't it an exact copy of the old Planechase decks?
More or less. But, the expansion symbol is different and I saw you had Duel Decks Anthology so I figured that precedent would be enough to include Planechase Anthology as its own selection. Also, cards like Tazeem (and a few other planes) had the DCI symbol or maybe just a Rare symbol in its original printing, while in Anthology they just have a Common rarity symbol. It is just nice to know which version of a card I have when looking through my collection.

Thanks for your response :)
steiny58

Postby Goblin Hero » 17 Jan 2017, 16:51

steiny58 wrote:More or less. But, the expansion symbol is different and I saw you had Duel Decks Anthology so I figured that precedent would be enough to include Planechase Anthology as its own selection.
Then it should be added. Created a ticket for this:
http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/tracker.php?p=3&t=1319I will be glad if someone help me with the additional info about the set.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Goblin Hero » 03 Jul 2017, 09:18

I'm on vacation now. Hour of devastation update will be ready after July 17.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby raphael75 » 17 Jul 2017, 23:03

Goblin Hero wrote:I'm on vacation now. Hour of devastation update will be ready after July 17.
Great, thank you!!
raphael75
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Magic Album