It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 10:12

Text Size

Magic Album Discussion

Moderators: charmer, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Magic Album 1.5 Discussion

Postby Goblin Hero » 09 Jan 2013, 15:52

Show me the old directory name. I will try to replicate the problem and fix it.
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dukemb » 07 Feb 2013, 18:56

Missing JGC:

3/8 Judge (2012) Noble Hierarch
8/6 Judge (2012) Karakas
dukemb

Postby Goblin Hero » 08 Feb 2013, 07:43

dukemb wrote:Missing JGC:
3/8 Judge (2012) Noble Hierarch
8/6 Judge (2012) Karakas
You'd better use the bug tracker for things like this. I can overlook a post but I can't miss a tracker ticket.
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dukemb » 08 Feb 2013, 08:56

Thanks! Done :)
dukemb

Including Borders for Proxy Printing

Postby dadarkda » 14 Feb 2013, 19:47

Goblin Hero, thank you for all your work; it's such a cleanly written program and is making Magic a lot more fun for me and my friends. We're really enjoying using this in lieu of magiccards dott info and MWS (and magicprinter dott net) for quick search and deck building/printing purposes.

I cannot figure out how to include borders in the proxy prints. The borders make things a little easier appearance-wise when sleeved with a real card. We do this for all our proxy/testing decks. If MA can't yet do borders, maybe you know of a Windows program that does. I used a simple DOS commandline-based program that did a great job, recognized mtgbr directory/naming structure, just a simple MTG PDF creator with borders and cutout lines, but I've searched high and low and can't find it any longer.
dadarkda

Re: Including Borders for Proxy Printing

Postby Goblin Hero » 15 Feb 2013, 07:48

dadarkda wrote:I cannot figure out how to include borders in the proxy prints.
Ok, I'm in a good mood, I have a bit of free time and it is not hard to implement. So I'll release a new MA version today with the ability to enable borders. Borders will be white (to save ink/toner) and 3mm wide.

Based on my experience it's better to print proxies without borders because of:
1. I can fit 1 more card on standard A4 paper.
2. It's easier to sleeve/desleeve smaller proxies if I put them inside the sleeve *with* the crappy card.
Though borders can be useful if you print proxies on thick paper and sleeve them as is. Nevertheless - enjoy!
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dadarkda » 15 Feb 2013, 13:33

Goblin Hero wrote:
dadarkda wrote:I cannot figure out how to include borders in the proxy prints.
Ok, I'm in a good mood, I have a bit of free time and it is not hard to implement. So I'll release a new MA version today with the ability to enable borders. Borders will be white (to save ink/toner) and 3mm wide.

Based on my experience it's better to print proxies without borders because of:
1. I can fit 1 more card on standard A4 paper.
2. It's easier to sleeve/desleeve smaller proxies if I put them inside the sleeve *with* the crappy card.
Though borders can be useful if you print proxies on thick paper and sleeve them as is. Nevertheless - enjoy!
Thank you Goblin Hero! Really looking forward to using this. I will report back.

That's true about A4 paper, but we don't mind using a little more paper for borders, and you're right, we can print these out on cardstock with borders and they will work great by themselves. We might start doing that from now on.
dadarkda

Postby Goblin Hero » 15 Feb 2013, 17:56

dadarkda wrote:Really looking forward to using this. I will report back.
Uploaded. You can test it now.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dadarkda » 15 Feb 2013, 23:36

Goblin Hero wrote:
It works great! It is now much easier to cut these without detracting from the card itself. Thank you for doing this for us.
dadarkda

Postby kristijanH » 01 Mar 2013, 08:05

Is it possible to implement a no sound option in preferences? These windows sounds are really annoying and I would like to disable them in MA.
kristijanH

Postby Goblin Hero » 01 Mar 2013, 09:59

kristijanH wrote:Is it possible to implement a no sound option in preferences?
I can't control it. IE components do it. You can disable or change this sound with Sounds-control panel.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby cort » 01 Mar 2013, 20:12

Special Sets\Portal Second Age\ENG INS\Attacking & Intercepting.jpg should probably be Attacking & Blocking.jpg
The Iceman Cometh
cort

Postby Dran Dragore » 26 Mar 2013, 23:18

Hi Goblin, I've been using Magic Album for years and I love it! Thank you for keep the program up to date :D
I have a small petition. Could you add more subcategories for the deck panel? I mean instead of having lands/creatures/spells we can have for example lands/creatures/sorceries/instants/enchantments/artifacts/planeswalkers. Maybe if it not too much complicated to implement, give the possibility to the user to configure which categories want to display, and the other cards may fall through the generic 'spell' category.
What do you think?
Thanks!
Dran Dragore

Postby Goblin Hero » 28 Mar 2013, 05:45

Dran Dragore wrote:What do you think?
I think this belongs to the bug tracker "feature requests" category ;)
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dadarkda » 10 Jun 2013, 19:00

dadarkda wrote:
Goblin Hero wrote:
It works great! It is now much easier to cut these without detracting from the card itself. Thank you for doing this for us.
I have been meaning to comment on your April 8 update which added different colored borders AND the option to print scanned images. That sure is awesome you included that. We are using the bordering system as an easy way to color code different testing decks, and of course the black borders look great. Thank you for your hard work; we've got a pretty big group of people that are using your program for deck building, printing and testing. We've been helping people with installs of Magic Album on their laptops a lot because they keep wanting to use it while they're over here, and they are surprised and happy about your new updates.

Thank you!
dadarkda

PreviousNext

Return to Magic Album