It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 20:01

Text Size

No chance to import csv from other deckbuilder inventory

Moderators: charmer, CCGHQ Admins

No chance to import csv from other deckbuilder inventory

Postby Wyl » 30 Dec 2011, 08:50

I have no chance to import the inventory from an other deckbuilder with csv import. One line in this csv looks like this:

Code: Select all
Qty,Card,Set,Color,Mana Cost,Card Type,Rarity,Mvid,SinglePrice,TotalPrice,SingleMidPrice,SingleHiPrice,TotalMidPrice,Notes
2,Zombie Goliath,Magic 2012,Black,4B,Creature  - Zombie Giant,Common,226558,0.01,0.02,0.09,0.26,0.18,
I saw in the Magic Album csv that it uses tabs for cols and other col names. So I tried it with this one:

Code: Select all
Qty (R)   Name
2   Zombie Goliath
But the same: no chance to import with this workaround. Can I find somewhere a description what I have to do that the import works? I hope that there must not be every single column in the csv? This would be a lot of work for the import.

To this I am missing a feature. With this it would be possible to solve this: Import Deck to Inventory. The ticket already exists: tracker.php?p=2&t=122 and I added my suggestion.

Thanks
Wyl
Wyl

Re: No chance to import csv from other deckbuilder inventory

Postby Goblin Hero » 30 Dec 2011, 13:35

Wyl wrote:I have no chance to import the inventory from an other deckbuilder with csv import.
Look into "Help" directory inside MA. There're sample csv and help file. Use Excel or such like program to modify your csv to the format MA wants. It is easy.
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Wyl » 30 Dec 2011, 17:19

Didn't know this help folder. Thanks, now I got it!
Wyl

Postby Wyl » 30 Dec 2011, 17:27

One more question: The import failed for some cards. One part because "Duel Decks: Ajani vs. Nicol Bolas" seems to be not in the database. The other part was in the database. But I saw that this were all cards, where the "Oracle Name" differed from the "Name". The database I imported, used "Name". Why do you use the "Oracle Name"? What I have read, this name can change. So wouldn't it be better to use "Name" which don't gets changed?
Wyl

Postby Goblin Hero » 30 Dec 2011, 18:07

Wyl wrote:"Duel Decks: Ajani vs. Nicol Bolas" seems to be not in the database.
It is there.
Wyl wrote:"Name". The database I imported, used "Name". Why do you use the "Oracle Name"? What I have read, this name can change. So wouldn't it be better to use "Name" which don't gets changed?
Oracle name is always English in MA. It is very very unlikely it will ever changes. Name contains card name in native language. Still do not understand your problem. Show me the screenshot of "Import errors" dialog.
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Wyl » 31 Dec 2011, 11:18

Ah ok, I made a mistake. "Duel Decks: Ajani vs. Nicol Bolas" is there. It seems to be the same problem like with the other imports.

See the picture.

For example "Malice" i find in Magic Album under "Spite|Malice". "Civilized Scholar" I find with Civilized "Scholar|Homicidal Brude". So all entries fail, where are two alternative names. But it seems that I was wrong, that it has something to do with "Oracle", because "Name" is the same.
Attachments
Import Errors.JPG
Wyl

Postby Goblin Hero » 31 Dec 2011, 13:17

You can't expect everything to be properly imported. That's why "Import Results" dialog exists. Just add failed records manually.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Magic Album