It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 21:20

Text Size

End of MWSPA

by Goblin Hero

Moderators: Goblin Hero, CCGHQ Admins

End of MWSPA

Postby Goblin Hero » 17 Apr 2010, 16:29

I've made my decision to stop supporting MWSPA. I have nor time nor wish to do it. Last update was 5 months ago but I haven't receive even one complain about it. Looks like mediafire downloads and torrents are sufficient. I will continue MA pictures support. It will be distributed via torrent unless I have a better idea.
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: End of MWSPA

Postby Randomage » 19 Apr 2010, 18:10

That's a shame, will it at least do the checksum checkup (and if you miss something you just go and torrent it).
Randomage

Postby Huggybaby » 20 Apr 2010, 03:41

It's the end of an era. Thanks for the years GH!
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Clefaria » 20 Apr 2010, 03:47

I used MWSPA to make sure my stuff was in order before I released my first bundle, in torrent form.

Thanks for the memories, lol.

MWS bundle is DISCONTINUED, current only through M12
My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby Bloodnut » 20 Apr 2010, 11:38

though I mainly used mediafire, your efforts were not in unnoticed.
thanks Goblin
Bloodnut

Postby Dran Dragore » 20 Apr 2010, 23:53

Randomage wrote:That's a shame, will it at least do the checksum checkup (and if you miss something you just go and torrent it).
this is a good idea. We could create a checksum file with the information of all official scans, and use a software to check it. Programs like Romcenter and clrmamepro do the work very well, they are used to audit MAME games (MAME is the biggest arcade game emulator)
Dran Dragore

Postby Huggybaby » 25 Apr 2010, 17:13

I don't think there are many Romcenter or clrmamepro users here. Far simpler is something like MD5summer from http://www.md5summer.org/. I've attached a listing for the torrent.
Attachments
PicturesTorrent MD5summer listing.rar
MD5summer file for the PicturesTorrent
(500.96 KiB) Downloaded 687 times
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Godleydemon » 13 Oct 2010, 23:32

this makes me extremely sad, this is how I downloaded my pictures without exception. Every once in a while I would use the torrent or media fire links. But that was only if I couldn't get them from mwspa. I don't want to have to sift through the multitude of media fire links just to download the pictures I don't currently have. With mwspa, it sorts that out for me, checks what pictures I don't have, then downloads them. I have found other servers hosting the appropriate files, so I don't use the current servers listed as they are already down any how. But it makes me sad because I'm still going to have to go through and figure out which pictures I don't have.. manually..
Godleydemon

Postby Clefaria » 14 Oct 2010, 00:00

Godleydemon wrote:this makes me extremely sad, this is how I downloaded my pictures without exception. Every once in a while I would use the torrent or media fire links. But that was only if I couldn't get them from mwspa. I don't want to have to sift through the multitude of media fire links just to download the pictures I don't currently have. With mwspa, it sorts that out for me, checks what pictures I don't have, then downloads them. I have found other servers hosting the appropriate files, so I don't use the current servers listed as they are already down any how. But it makes me sad because I'm still going to have to go through and figure out which pictures I don't have.. manually..
Get Jdownloader and feed it the mediafire link to one (or all) of my folders of card scans. Before long, you'll have them all. Easy.

MWS bundle is DISCONTINUED, current only through M12
My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby Godleydemon » 14 Oct 2010, 00:51

Clefaria wrote:
Godleydemon wrote:this makes me extremely sad, this is how I downloaded my pictures without exception. Every once in a while I would use the torrent or media fire links. But that was only if I couldn't get them from mwspa. I don't want to have to sift through the multitude of media fire links just to download the pictures I don't currently have. With mwspa, it sorts that out for me, checks what pictures I don't have, then downloads them. I have found other servers hosting the appropriate files, so I don't use the current servers listed as they are already down any how. But it makes me sad because I'm still going to have to go through and figure out which pictures I don't have.. manually..
Get Jdownloader and feed it the mediafire link to one (or all) of my folders of card scans. Before long, you'll have them all. Easy.
Now, what if I don't know which series I don't have, and which specific series of pictures I don't have. Mwspa checked the for me T.T so now I don't know. I haven' updated my picture list in some time. So I have no idea which ones I have, and which ones I don't have. Plus I didn't have to worry about copy and pasting anything. -la sigh-
Godleydemon

Postby Snacko » 15 Oct 2010, 19:39

It's very easy to replicate MWSPA functionality if someone could setup an rsync server with the pictures, however as with MWSPA & mirrors this would mean you need to have a lot of bandwidth and a dedicated server.
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby woogerboy21 » 15 Oct 2010, 20:05

I'm thinking about working in functionality to the gatherer downloader to pull hq images from the mediafire shares and use those images as posted in another forum post elsewere but this may be an idea that gets scrapped. Trying and testing will only tell on if I am comfortable with the idea and how it will work out in the end.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Return to Picture Assistant