It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 12:21

Text Size

New alternative Theme for MWSplay - MtG_JCStrainer

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

New alternative Theme for MWSplay - MtG_JCStrainer

Postby Strainer » 18 Nov 2012, 16:00

Hi everyone!

I want to present to you a project I've been working on the last few days. It's an alternative theme for MWSplay in Magic Workstation. I mostly took pictures from various themes I could find, edited some of them to my liking and set everything together to create this theme.

Screenshot v1.0

Screenshot v1.1

Screenshot v1.2

As base, I used the latest version of the New Magic Theme from rpgmem, therefore the theme includes all set items and frames up to Return to Ravnica. I changed the Avatar, Background, Playerinfo and Steps icons, as well as the cardback. Thanks to these people for their awesome graphics: rpgmem, DreamCrawler, Hiryu, Malhavoc, Nuttawet, FirePenguinMaster.

Download v1.0

Download v1.1

Download v1.2

I hope you like it, btw, if you want to set this theme in Windows Vista or Windows 7 and have problems doing so, you have to use regedit and move to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Magic Workstation" and change the value of Active Theme from "MtG_NewMagic" to "MtG_JCStrainer".

Greets

Edit: Fixed some transparency errors and changed the background to a nicer one (v1.1). Still left the old version for those who prefer it.

Edit1: Another thing I remembered, I created a Soundpack for Cockatrice that contains all the MWS sounds, which I found way better than the noisy stuff Cockatrice uses. I still like sounds when an action happens though, so I created that pack.

MWS Soundpack for Cockatrice

Edit2: Thanks to the feedback of Dantalion, I updated the theme one more time, this time making the icons for hand, library, exile and graveyard darker to make them readable better. I think it was a great idea, thanks again for that Dantalion!
Strainer

Return to Themes