It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 23:31

Text Size

Zendikar preconstructed decks?

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Zendikar preconstructed decks?

Postby Clefaria » 28 Sep 2009, 21:29

I don't see any info about this anywhere (yet?). It's been a while for me, but does Wizards typically release preconstructed decks with every single set they release? That's what it seems like.

MWS bundle is DISCONTINUED, current only through M12
My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Re: Zendikar preconstructed decks?

Postby tchiseen » 29 Sep 2009, 10:29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zendikar
Zendikar (codenamed Live) is a Magic: The Gathering expansion set, set to be released on October 2, 2009. It is set to include 249 cards.[1]
tchiseen

Postby Clefaria » 29 Sep 2009, 13:13

tchiseen wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zendikar
Zendikar (codenamed Live) is a Magic: The Gathering expansion set, set to be released on October 2, 2009. It is set to include 249 cards.[1]
What does this have to do with what I wrote, or the topic?

My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby tchiseen » 29 Sep 2009, 13:28

Zendikar has not been released.
tchiseen

Postby Clefaria » 29 Sep 2009, 14:17

tchiseen wrote:Zendikar has not been released.
http://www.mininova.org/tor/2997671/

I quote:

"I don't have everything from Zendikar yet, but I'm putting out what I do have; it's enough for you guys to start deckbuilding several days before the official release."

In other words: I'm aware. Whether Zendikar's been officially released is irrelevant to my question.

My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby Kl3p_co. » 29 Sep 2009, 15:10

Clefaria wrote:

I quote:

"I don't have everything from Zendikar yet, but I'm putting out what I do have; it's enough for you guys to start deckbuilding several days before the official release."

In other words: I'm aware. Whether Zendikar's been officially released is irrelevant to my question.
There are no PCDs in ZEN, as they are not in M10 and the whole Alara Block - WotC is releasing the so-called "Intro Packs", which include 40 cards + 2 Booster Packs, and therefore are not ready to be played in a tourney right away.
Right now, I dont know if they are somewhere, but I think the last intro packs were released after a request.That means, you have to wait a bit.(or maybe it is on magiclibrary or something like that, try to google it)
Always outnumbered. Never outtrolled.
Kl3p_co.

Postby creepycrawly » 30 Sep 2009, 04:17

Zendikar intro packs if anyone needs them:
Attachments
zen intro packs.zip
(2.36 KiB) Downloaded 741 times
creepycrawly

Postby Nyth » 30 Sep 2009, 07:47

For full deck descriptions, check out today's Arcana article.

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/arcana/288
Nyth
HQ Team Member

Postby Clefaria » 30 Sep 2009, 13:20

Kl3p_co. wrote:
Clefaria wrote:

I quote:

There are no PCDs in ZEN, as they are not in M10 and the whole Alara Block - WotC is releasing the so-called "Intro Packs", which include 40 cards + 2 Booster Packs, and therefore are not ready to be played in a tourney right away.
Right now, I dont know if they are somewhere, but I think the last intro packs were released after a request.That means, you have to wait a bit.(or maybe it is on magiclibrary or something like that, try to google it)
I was under the impression that the "PCDs" were also 40 cards. What's the difference besides the naming?

creepycrawly wrote:Zendikar intro packs if anyone needs them:
Acquired and into the next bundle they will go, thanks! =D>

My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby Nyth » 30 Sep 2009, 13:30

Prior to the renaming, preconstructed decks had 40 cards. The only differences between them and the new Intro Packs is the name, the fact that each pack has ONE (not two) booster in it to introduce new players into the idea of opening boosters, and the foil rare. Technically, it is still a 41 card deck.

Neither the old precons or the new intro packs are tournament legal in the sense that they cannot be directly played in constructed tournaments. This is why the article I referred to before specifically mentions cards that could be added to the intro pack in the hopes that new players may hunt those down and soup up an intro pack deck.

For our purposes, they are all precons no matter what the name or number of cards or whether they are tournament legal. Each set should have 5 of them (older sets had 4), and the specific difference in the Zendikar ones is that the precons have different basic land cards than are available in boosters.
Nyth
HQ Team Member

Postby Kl3p_co. » 30 Sep 2009, 14:12

Yes and no.Precons had 40 and 60 cards(when I started in RAV era, they had 60): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic:_The ... heme_decks .As I started only 3 years ago, I didnt know till now that there were 40-cards PCDs, sorry.
Always outnumbered. Never outtrolled.
Kl3p_co.

Postby Nyth » 30 Sep 2009, 14:16

My bad... Should've mentioned that they brought it down from 60 specifically to avoid people playing them out of the box.

By the way, the mwDeck files in the zip attached above are only partially correct. To be more precise, you need to match how many of each specific land; Plains (1), Plains (2), etc.; are in each deck.
Nyth
HQ Team Member

Postby Clefaria » 30 Sep 2009, 14:40

Nyth wrote:My bad... Should've mentioned that they brought it down from 60 specifically to avoid people playing them out of the box.

By the way, the mwDeck files in the zip attached above are only partially correct. To be more precise, you need to match how many of each specific land; Plains (1), Plains (2), etc.; are in each deck.
I could fix that if I had access to both the card scans and the packs themselves, but for all intents and purposes, what you delivered is just fine.

The only reason I included preconstructed decks in my bundles to begin with was for newer players to go through as a starting point to deckbuilding.

My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby creepycrawly » 30 Sep 2009, 20:17

Nyth wrote:My bad... Should've mentioned that they brought it down from 60 specifically to avoid people playing them out of the box.

Haha I knew someone would mention that :D
I couldn't match them right because I don't know which basics are in the boxes. Plus we don't have pictures of the non-full art ones yet, and those are the ones in the intro packs.
creepycrawly

Return to Decks