It is currently 28 Oct 2020, 17:52
   
Text Size

Masterbase up to Zendikar Rising + 6.8 GB Full pics [V2.8]

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: [MWS] Masterbase up to Ikoria + 6.8 GB Full pics [V1.7]

Postby Protoman » 25 May 2020, 14:00

Hey Arcanis,

Really appreciate your ongoing efforts at this. Just a heads up of a couple more missing cards I've encountered:

[AKH] Farm/Market
[AKH] Reduce/Rubble
[C16] Order/Chaos
[PLC] Life and Limb
[HOU] Refuse/Cooperate

[ELD] - Murderous Rider, 0 toughness

Thanks!
Protoman
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 27 Aug 2014, 14:54
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: [MWS] Masterbase up to Ikoria + 6.8 GB Full pics [V1.7]

Postby arcanistheomnipotent » 25 May 2020, 15:00

Hey Protoman,

Just fixed the missing cards.
- Farm/Market is actually from HOU
- I took your tip about Murderous Rider and fixed P/T of all adveture cards from Eldraine (they have the same issue).

If you find another bug/missing card, let me know.
Thxx.
Protoman wrote:Hey Arcanis,

Really appreciate your ongoing efforts at this. Just a heads up of a couple more missing cards I've encountered:

[AKH] Farm/Market
[AKH] Reduce/Rubble
[C16] Order/Chaos
[PLC] Life and Limb
[HOU] Refuse/Cooperate

[ELD] - Murderous Rider, 0 toughness

Thanks!
User avatar
arcanistheomnipotent
 
Posts: 14
Joined: 24 Apr 2020, 13:08
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: [MWS] Masterbase up to Ikoria + 6.8 GB Full pics [V1.7]

Postby Protoman » 25 May 2020, 23:00

arcanistheomnipotent wrote:Hey Protoman,

Just fixed the missing cards.
- Farm/Market is actually from HOU
- I took your tip about Murderous Rider and fixed P/T of all adveture cards from Eldraine (they have the same issue).

If you find another bug/missing card, let me know.
Thxx.
Shoot, I think I knew it was HOU too, sorry about that. Appreciate the update!
Protoman
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 27 Aug 2014, 14:54
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Masterbase up to Zendikar Rising + 6.8 GB Full pics [V2.

Postby SengirPaladin » 01 Oct 2020, 20:29

When I open Magic Workstation, I receive an Error like this:

Address Violation at Address 00A39D1C in module 'MagicWorkstation.exe'.
Read of address 00000000.

Please, tell us about this problem, blah, blah, blah...

I have tried to send the E-Mail, but since I do not use Outlook and I only use Web based E-Mail acounts, I cannot send the error.
No idea how to solve it...
Do you know what is interfering with the app ?
SengirPaladin
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 01 Oct 2020, 19:48
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Masterbase up to Zendikar Rising + 6.8 GB Full pics [V2.

Postby arcanistheomnipotent » 01 Oct 2020, 23:56

Did you install the update i linked in the tutorial? I received this error when I was on version 0.94

SengirPaladin wrote:When I open Magic Workstation, I receive an Error like this:

Address Violation at Address 00A39D1C in module 'MagicWorkstation.exe'.
Read of address 00000000.

Please, tell us about this problem, blah, blah, blah...

I have tried to send the E-Mail, but since I do not use Outlook and I only use Web based E-Mail acounts, I cannot send the error.
No idea how to solve it...
Do you know what is interfering with the app ?
User avatar
arcanistheomnipotent
 
Posts: 14
Joined: 24 Apr 2020, 13:08
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Masterbase up to Zendikar Rising + 6.8 GB Full pics [V2.

Postby SengirPaladin » 03 Oct 2020, 00:47

Yes, I have used the Update that you have provided.
In the "Help" Menu, in About, it even shows v0.97f

Even though I have a Spanish computer, I am installing it in its English version; both to avoid translation problems and because I like it in English.
SengirPaladin
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 01 Oct 2020, 19:48
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Masterbase up to Zendikar Rising + 6.8 GB Full pics [V2.

Postby Hexican » 07 Oct 2020, 09:15

Hi, thanks for your effort.
I am getting constant errors in MWS (when i scroll through cards, search, add cards, etc.)
Any idea on how to fix this?
Hexican
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 07 Oct 2020, 09:12
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Masterbase up to Zendikar Rising + 6.8 GB Full pics [V2.

Postby arcanistheomnipotent » 07 Oct 2020, 17:44

If you tell me exactly the steps you are taking to make the error happen, I can try to reproduce it here and, once I understand that the error is related to the masterbase, I can try to fix it. Try to define exactly the steps you take that always cause the error and tell me here.

Hexican wrote:Hi, thanks for your effort.
I am getting constant errors in MWS (when i scroll through cards, search, add cards, etc.)
Any idea on how to fix this?
User avatar
arcanistheomnipotent
 
Posts: 14
Joined: 24 Apr 2020, 13:08
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Masterbase up to Zendikar Rising + 6.8 GB Full pics [V2.

Postby SengirPaladin » 10 Oct 2020, 01:48

SengirPaladin wrote:Yes, I have used the Update that you have provided.
In the "Help" Menu, in About, it even shows v0.97f

Even though I have a Spanish computer, I am installing it in its English version; both to avoid translation problems and because I like it in English.
Just opening the Magic Workstation Application shows the error.

When I double click on the icon, I get prompted with "Do you want this application to make some changes?"
I accept, then the application starts loading.

Error at address 00A39D1C

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate with Service Pack 1

If I click in any card, either in the deck list or the Database, the error shows up.

And the image of the cards never shows up.
SengirPaladin
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 01 Oct 2020, 19:48
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Masterbase up to Zendikar Rising + 6.8 GB Full pics [V2.

Postby arcanistheomnipotent » 15 Oct 2020, 13:32

Try to run it with admin privileges (right click, run as admin).
My MWS is working fine. It doesn't seem to be a problem related to the masterbase.

SengirPaladin wrote:
SengirPaladin wrote:Yes, I have used the Update that you have provided.
In the "Help" Menu, in About, it even shows v0.97f

Even though I have a Spanish computer, I am installing it in its English version; both to avoid translation problems and because I like it in English.
Just opening the Magic Workstation Application shows the error.

When I double click on the icon, I get prompted with "Do you want this application to make some changes?"
I accept, then the application starts loading.

Error at address 00A39D1C

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate with Service Pack 1

If I click in any card, either in the deck list or the Database, the error shows up.

And the image of the cards never shows up.
User avatar
arcanistheomnipotent
 
Posts: 14
Joined: 24 Apr 2020, 13:08
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Masterbase up to Zendikar Rising + 6.8 GB Full pics [V2.

Postby SengirPaladin » 15 Oct 2020, 23:17

I have uninstalled the app '.97F and installed version 0.94F without a problem.
I have a DataBase up to War of the Spark on 0.94F...
It does not crash using 0.94F but it does if I uninstall it and I install 0.97F using the steps provided, the error shows up.
Even if I uninstall an Re-Install Microsoft C++ 2008 (Not 2018, as it is said in the opening post), the error keeps of showing.
The problem showed up when I add the Database Version 2.6 or 2.7 I get the error.
With Version 2.5, it works perfectly; but if I update to version 2.6 or 2.7, the error shows again.

Also, this database is not compatible with the database of http://www.mwsgames.com/
I downloaded the database from there and I updated it with TXT files up to War of the Spark
I have Decks that I saved before the update that have cards from 7th Edition and they cannot be found.

Would it be possible to get the TXT files for updates versions of the Database?
Maybe, they would work that way updating it...
SengirPaladin
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 01 Oct 2020, 19:48
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Masterbase up to Zendikar Rising + 6.8 GB Full pics [V2.

Postby arcanistheomnipotent » 16 Oct 2020, 15:38

Then the problem might be related to "Sets.dat" file, under "Data" folder. Do a test for me: use masterbase from V2.7 with Sets file from V2.5.

If this works, I will need to merge sets, because the Sets file is very limited in space. For exemple, I will need to merge "zendikar expeditions, commander and rising" into one sigle line to save space in Set file.

Regarding other masterbases avaliable online, I did not intent to make mine compatible with them from the begining.

Another user, however, post here how to make decks created with those masterbases compatible with mine.

Post the results.

SengirPaladin wrote:I have uninstalled the app '.97F and installed version 0.94F without a problem.
I have a DataBase up to War of the Spark on 0.94F...
It does not crash using 0.94F but it does if I uninstall it and I install 0.97F using the steps provided, the error shows up.
Even if I uninstall an Re-Install Microsoft C++ 2008 (Not 2018, as it is said in the opening post), the error keeps of showing.
The problem showed up when I add the Database Version 2.6 or 2.7 I get the error.
With Version 2.5, it works perfectly; but if I update to version 2.6 or 2.7, the error shows again.

Also, this database is not compatible with the database of http://www.mwsgames.com/
I downloaded the database from there and I updated it with TXT files up to War of the Spark
I have Decks that I saved before the update that have cards from 7th Edition and they cannot be found.

Would it be possible to get the TXT files for updates versions of the Database?
Maybe, they would work that way updating it...
User avatar
arcanistheomnipotent
 
Posts: 14
Joined: 24 Apr 2020, 13:08
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Masterbase up to Zendikar Rising + 6.8 GB Full pics [V2.

Postby SengirPaladin » 17 Oct 2020, 14:30

Hello again.

I have saved aside the Sets.dat from the \Data folder
Then, I extracted the files from Master Database 2.7 (I did not know that it contained the \Data\Sets.dat file there, so I overwrote everything)
Then, I copied back the 2.5 Sets.dat file.

Now, the error does not show up.
It is solved


What is the problem about Sets.dat?
Does that mean that it has a limited size or something like that? It does not make any sense, actually...

I believe the main difference with the database up to Ixalan that you can find in the Work Station website is the 3 Letter Code for each expansion.
I sought for Birds of Paradise and, while their Seventh Edition has the code 7E, your database has the code 7ED;
And while your code for Beta is LEB (As Limited Edition Beta), the catabase from the Workstation website has the code B, just as Beta.
From what I see, is that you have extracted the Expansion codes from Scryfall...
How did you get your hands in that database?
Is there any way of getting/downloading that database?
That way, I could create a program to extract the information of each set and making them into different files to upload them independently
SengirPaladin
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 01 Oct 2020, 19:48
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Masterbase up to Zendikar Rising + 6.8 GB Full pics [V2.

Postby arcanistheomnipotent » 19 Oct 2020, 14:40

Just updated the masterbase and Sets file to V2.8
Please, try them and check if MWS will load properly.

Now answering your questions:
1) Sets.dat file is very limited in size and structure. I'll need to merge the cards from Promo sets into the Main sets to save space in Sets.dat for new collections. Check the attached file to see the the merges that i'll need to make.

2) I made this masterbase from scratch just to be able to update these "Sets codes" to a more modern nomenclature.

3) The scryfall database can be downloaded using the Gatherer Extractor (I comment on this in my opening post)

SengirPaladin wrote:Hello again.

I have saved aside the Sets.dat from the \Data folder
Then, I extracted the files from Master Database 2.7 (I did not know that it contained the \Data\Sets.dat file there, so I overwrote everything)
Then, I copied back the 2.5 Sets.dat file.

Now, the error does not show up.
It is solved


What is the problem about Sets.dat?
Does that mean that it has a limited size or something like that? It does not make any sense, actually...

I believe the main difference with the database up to Ixalan that you can find in the Work Station website is the 3 Letter Code for each expansion.
I sought for Birds of Paradise and, while their Seventh Edition has the code 7E, your database has the code 7ED;
And while your code for Beta is LEB (As Limited Edition Beta), the catabase from the Workstation website has the code B, just as Beta.
From what I see, is that you have extracted the Expansion codes from Scryfall...
How did you get your hands in that database?
Is there any way of getting/downloading that database?
That way, I could create a program to extract the information of each set and making them into different files to upload them independently
Attachments
FutureMerge.txt
FutureMerge
(420 Bytes) Downloaded 12 times
User avatar
arcanistheomnipotent
 
Posts: 14
Joined: 24 Apr 2020, 13:08
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Previous

Return to Masterbase/Sets

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1371 on 09 Feb 2020, 16:22

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login Form