It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 06:18

Text Size

Issue with the current on-site masterbases

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Issue with the current on-site masterbases

Postby GG Crono » 26 Sep 2009, 03:35

The Alara block introduced the Mythic rarity. In the current masterbases, these are listed under rarity "M". However, MWS is an old piece of software, and it doesn't know what to do with anything other than a C, a U or an R. So the Mythic cards show up as commons.

Is this a problem most of the time? No. However, when trying to generate a sealed deck pool, MWS frequently gives out mythic rares in the common slots. As you all can probably imagine, this skews the pools a bit.

Until such time as somebody makes a massive update to MWS (and I am not holding my breath), somebody should re-edit the masterbase and mark all the mythic cards as regular rares. It's not a perfect solution, but it's better than what we have now.

I would do this thing myself, but I honestly have no idea how to edit the masterbases. But for those who do know how, I imagine it would not be a difficult matter to make the changes - a simple find-and-replace would do it - and it's something that should be seen to.
GG Crono

Re: Issue with the current on-site masterbases

Postby tchiseen » 29 Sep 2009, 13:23

I'm having the same issue, but I don't think it's strictly a MWS thing, as constructing decks with other boosters (other then ZEN) used to provide accurate numbers of Mythic Rares.

However, now, when constructing bases using M2010 and ZEN, Mythic Rares are given as commons.

I think it's pretty obvious something happened to the masterbase, or the way it handles the sets.

Maybe for now it's best to roll back the masterbase, and add the sets manually with spoiler.txts...
tchiseen

Postby GG Crono » 01 Oct 2009, 02:40

S'what I'm going to end up doing, probably. But I still think the changes should be made to the downloadable masterbases.
GG Crono

Postby Goblin Hero » 01 Oct 2009, 05:41

GG Crono wrote:S'what I'm going to end up doing, probably. But I still think the changes should be made to the downloadable masterbases.
What should I do? Change mythic rarity to rare? MWS doesn't support mythics so it can lead to strange bugs and problems. I can't help it.
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby tchiseen » 02 Oct 2009, 01:55

What do you think it means that in the previous versions, the Mythic Rares were accounted for correctly, but now they're not? I have no idea what might be causing it, but it seems like if it was working previously then maybe it's something we can fix.
tchiseen

Postby Goblin Hero » 02 Oct 2009, 05:42

tchiseen wrote:What do you think it means that in the previous versions, the Mythic Rares were accounted for correctly, but now they're not? I have no idea what might be causing it
I have no idea too :( I haven't change anything.
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby staggerwingjtstw » 02 Oct 2009, 07:31

Are you referring to Mahamoti's masterbase? I don't know if his has Mythics as rares, or not, but you can always change them manually.
I like being bad... it makes me happy...
staggerwingjtstw

Postby ianydirt » 03 Oct 2009, 12:01

I think we are stuck until someone starts developing MWS again (hah). Changing them manually... there is no mythic rarity, so I can't think of any solution other than changing them just to rare (if they aren't that already). As has been said elsewhere on the forums, the problem is that MWS has no Mythic Rare category, so using a spoiler text would, I imagine, result in incorrect syntax errors, and adding cards using the card creation center would of course have to be one of the existing categories.
ianydirt

Return to Masterbase/Sets