It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 11:38

Text Size

Masterbase up to New Capenna + 6.8 GB Full pics [V3.7]

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Masterbase up to New Capenna + 6.8 GB Full pics [V3.7]

Postby arcanistheomnipotent » 24 Apr 2020, 13:46

[Updated to V3.7] - Apr/2022

Hi guys,

My quarantine project was to revive the Magic Workstation and compile a functional masterbase with all the game's sets.

The only masterbase I found up to date on the Internet was from GoblinHero, which, for some reason, always made my Magic Workstation crash.
So I took all the spoilers (.txt) from all the available collections and compiled a new masterbase that I intend to always update.
To avoid problems with the Magic Workstation, this masterbase does not contain the "flavor text" of the cards. That way, it is lighter and more stable.

This was only possible thanks to the work of Chaudakh, who created the MTG Gatherer Extractor and also to the Scryfall website, which maintains a repository of images and collections.

[Tutorial]

All needed files are in this folder (Replace the * with . and paste in the browser): drive***google***com/open?id=1_s6jnaPXtJUjElcFCDqedIBMq1xRgX4U

1) Install Magic Workstation 0.94f together with the Theme using EasyInstallv2.0.1 (MWS-0.94f&FixedB1).exe from 1 - Setup folder. This convenient installation is courtesy of blog.mtg.br
    Note: It must be installed in a folder that you have read / write privileges. For example: C:\Magic Workstation. Do not use the recommended folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Magic Workstation) by the setup.
    Note2: During the setup, when selecting the components, uncheck the box "Todos os Jogos" ("All games"). Important.
    Note3: The program will also install Microsoft C ++ 2018. Accept.
    Note4: At the end of the installation, uncheck the box that says "Open Magic Workstation now". Important.

2) Install the Magic Workstation 0.97Beta update using mws097update4.exe from 1 - Setup folder.
    Note: It will automatically recognize the directory you selected earlier and update the program.

3) Download the updated masterbase along with its configuration files (Masterbase_Arcanis_V3.7 [SNC].zip file from 2 - Masterbase folder) and unzip it in the program folder. For example: C:\Magic Workstation. In doing so, Winrar will ask you to confirm the replacement of files. Confirm.
    Note: If Winrar does not ask you to confirm the replacement of files, you are unzipping the files in the wrong folder. Important.

4) Download the images of all collections (file Pics_Full (up to V3.7 ).rar from folder 3 - Pictures) and unzip them in the Pics folder, inside the program folder (for example, C:\Magic Workstation\Pics). The Pics_Full.rar file is always updated with the latest Masterbase modifications for convenient installation (useful if it is your first installation).
Alternatively, you download the Pics_Patch files for each version of the masterbase and unzip them all in the Pics folder.

This masterbase/Pics certainly contains errors. I would be grateful for the feedback so that I can correct it.
To play online (MWSPlay), use mwsgames**net server.

[Changelog]
Masterbase V1.0
- 255 sets added
- All set abbreviations have only 3 identifying letters
- Set abbreviations follow Scryfall most of the time
- Sets that had 4-letter abbreviations now have 3-letter abbreviations (to maintain compatibility with the Magic Workstation)
- Dual cards were manually corrected

[Changelog]
Masterbase V1.1
- Fixed the bug with the Kaladesh (KLD) and Kaladesh Inventions (KLP) collections
- Added the Magic Premiere Shop (MPS) set

[Changelog]
Masterbase V1.2
- Fixed the bug in the DD Merfolk vs Goblin (DDT) set. Both the masterbase and the Pics have been modified.
- All lands in all collections were checked. Both the masterbase and the Pics have been modified.
- All cards with "Æther" in the name have been changed to "Aether" to follow the new Wizards standard. Both the masterbase and the Pics have been modified.
- The Pics_Full file and patches will no longer contain Pics "crops" from V1.2 on. A total of 17,989 Pics crops have beed removed (Residue of files I already had on my computer). I recommend deleting the entire Pics folder and downloading the "Pics_Full.rar" file for anyone who also wants to remove Pics crops. Otherwise, just use the latest Pics patch.

[Changelog]
Masterbase V1.3
- Fixed the bug in the cards with "Aether" in the name that prevented them from being saved on decks. Change in the masterbase only.
- Added several missing cards to the "Secret Lair Drop" (SLD) set. Change only in Pics_Patch.

[Changelog]
Masterbase V1.4
- All the cards have been checked (because quarantine). All entries in the masterbase are matched to an "image.full" now. Both the masterbase and the Pics have been modified.
- Added the Tokens folder (TK) in the Pics folder (used by MWSPlay).
- Fixed T2 filter in "Complex Card Filter". The collections currently in Standard are now correctly selected.

[Changelog]
Masterbase V1.5
- All cards that have different versions (previously assign with #1, #2 ...) are now correctly assign internally (they now appear as (1), (2)...) and are presented correctly on MWSPlay.
- Added the missing cards "Fire/Ice" and "Life/Death" double cards in the DDJ set (Duel Decks: Izzet vs. Golgari)
- All versions of basic land were added in sets M19, ELD and DOM
- Added the two versions of the Guildgates in the RNA and GRN sets

[Changelog]
Masterbase V1.6
- Added several missing basic lands in AKH, C17, C18, C19, CM2, CMA, DDR, DDS, DDU, DVD, GN2, GNT, GPX, HOU, JVC, KLD, M20, SLD, SOI, THB, TPR, WAR and XLN sets

[Changelog]
Masterbase V1.7
- Fixed a bug that prevented the number of dual-cards from being changed when the MWS is in the deck editor mode. Change in masterbase only.

[Changelog]
Masterbase V1.8
- Added missing cards from AKH, HOU, PLC and C16
- Fixed P/T of all adventure cards from ELD

[Changelog]
Masterbase V1.9
- Added new cards to Secret Lair Drop Set (SLD) from (1) Secret Lair Drop Full Sleeves: The Tattoo Pack; (2) Secret Lair Drop Can You Feel with a Heart of Steel!; (3) Secret Lair Drop Mountain, Go; (4) Secret Lair Drop The Path Not Travelled and (5) Secret Lair Drop Ornithological Studies

[Changelog]
Masterbase V2.0
- Added HQ full scan cards to IKO and IKP sets
- Added missing "Godzilla-variations" cards to IKO set

[Changelog]
Masterbase V2.1
- Added HQ full scan cards to C20 set and some IKP cards
- Added Signature Spellbook: Chandra set (SS3)
- Added Secret Lair Ultimate set (SLU)

[Changelog]
Masterbase V2.2
- Added Core Set 2021 set (M21)

[Changelog]
Masterbase V2.3
- Added Jumpstart set (JMP)
- Added HQ full scan cards to IKP Set

[Changelog]
Masterbase V2.4
- Added Double Masters set (2XM)
- Added HQ full scan cards to IKP, IKO, M21 and SS3 Set

[Changelog]
Masterbase V2.5
- Added Commander Collection: Green set (CC1)
- Added new cards to Secret Lair Drop Set (SLD) from (1) Secret Lair Drop Series: Happy Yargle Day!;
- Added HQ full scan cards to M21 and 2XM Set

[Changelog]
Masterbase V2.6
- Added Zendikar Rising set (ZNR)
- Added Zendikar Rising Expeditions set (ZNE)
- Added Zendikar Rising Commander set (ZNC)

[Changelog]
Masterbase V2.7
- Added new cards to Zendikar Rising Commander set (ZNC)
- Added new cards to Secret Lair Drop Set (SLD) from (1) Showcase: Zendikar Revisited and (2) The Walking Dead

[Changelog]
Masterbase V2.8
- Remove Salvat 2005 and Salvat 2011 sets (SAL and S11)
- Added HQ full scan cards to JMP Set
- Fixed Sets.dat file (it was preventing MWS from loading on some computers)

[Changelog]
Masterbase V2.9
- Added Commander Legends set (CMR)
- Added new cards to Secret Lair Drop Set (SLD) from (1) The Walking Dead and (2) Extra Life 2020
- Several promo sets were merged into its main set (See attached file)
- The merge was necessary to save space in the "Sets.dat" file, which is very limited in space.

[Changelog]
Masterbase V3.0
- Added Kaldheim set (KHM)
- Added cards from Kaldheim Commander set (KHC) into Kaldheim set (KHM)
- Added cards from M19 Gift Pack (G18) into Core Set 2019 (M19)
- Added new cards to Secret Lair Drop Set (SLD) from (1) Artist Series: Seb McKinnon (2) Happy Little Gathering (3) Hope You Like Squirrels (4) A Box of Rocks and (5) Party Hard, Shred Harder

[Changelog]
Masterbase V3.1
- Added Time Spiral Remastered set (TSR)
- Added Strixhaven: School of mages set (STX)
- Added cards from Strixhaven Mystical Archive (STA) into Strixhaven: School of mages set (STX)

[Changelog]
Masterbase V3.2
- Added Commander 2021 set (C21)
- Added Modern Horizons 2 set (MH2)
- Added cards from Modern Horizons 1 Timeshifts (H1R) into Modern Horizons 2 set (MH2)

[Changelog]
Masterbase V3.3
- Added Adventures in the Forgotten Realms set (AFR)

[Changelog]
Masterbase V3.4
- Added Innistrad: Midnight Hunt set (MID)
- Added cards from Midnight Hunt Commander (MIC) into Innistrad: Midnight Hunt set (MID)
- Added cards from Forgotten Realms Commander (AFC) into Adventures in the Forgotten Realms set (AFR)

[Changelog]
Masterbase V3.5
- Added Innistrad: Crimson Vow set (VOW)
- Added cards from Crimson Vow Commander (VOC) into Innistrad: Crimson Vow set (VOW)
- Added cards from Innistrad: Double Feature (DBL) into Innistrad: Crimson Vow set (VOW)

[Changelog]
Masterbase V3.6
- Added Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty set (NEO)
- Added cards from Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty Commander (NEC) into Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty set (NEO)

[Changelog]
Masterbase V3.7
- Added Streets of New Capenna set (SNC)
- Added cards from New Capenna Commander (NCC) into Streets of New Capenna set (SNC)

This is unofficial Fan Content permitted under the Fan Content Policy. Not approved/endorsed by Wizards. Portions of the materials used are property of Wizards of the Coast. ©Wizards of the Coast LLC.”
Attachments
MergeV2.9.txt
(457 Bytes) Downloaded 1119 times
Last edited by arcanistheomnipotent on 23 Apr 2022, 20:33, edited 38 times in total.
arcanistheomnipotent

Re: [MWS] Masterbase up to Ikoria + 6.8 GB Full pics [V1.3]

Postby nyanko1 » 03 May 2020, 08:32

thx!
nyanko1

Re: [MWS] Masterbase up to Ikoria + 6.8 GB Full pics [V1.4]

Postby ParkerLewis » 03 May 2020, 21:26

Oh yeah, hadn't seen your post here on slyghtlymagic.

Thank you arcanis for your work.

A great advantage of your DB is that it is using official set codes (used by WotC and pretty much everyone else for very very long). But this might mean some people that had previously been using GoblinHero's DB (that is relying on on a deprecated naming scheme for very old sets) might see :
- some old sets pics dir not working anymore
- some decklists broken (unrecognized cards when from some older sets).

Fortunately though, this is an issue I've solved years ago with the use of dos scripts to automatically update / rename whatever needs to be renamed to be compatible with the "new" three letter scheme : simply see here.

Regards and thanks again arcanis. If you think it worthwhile, feel free to incorporate this in your post or drive. I'm just glad it can be of some help :)
ParkerLewis

Postby arcanistheomnipotent » 04 May 2020, 02:46

I'll look into your post and try to incorporate here as soon as I can. Thx for the tip.

ParkerLewis wrote:Oh yeah, hadn't seen your post here on slyghtlymagic.

Thank you arcanis for your work.

A great advantage of your DB is that it is using official set codes (used by WotC and pretty much everyone else for very very long). But this might mean some people that had previously been using GoblinHero's DB (that is relying on on a deprecated naming scheme for very old sets) might see :
- some old sets pics dir not working anymore
- some decklists broken (unrecognized cards when from some older sets).

Fortunately though, this is an issue I've solved years ago with the use of dos scripts to automatically update / rename whatever needs to be renamed to be compatible with the "new" three letter scheme :

Regards and thanks again arcanis. If you think it worthwhile, feel free to incorporate this in your post or drive. I'm just glad it can be of some help :)
arcanistheomnipotent

Postby ParkerLewis » 04 May 2020, 20:13

I have noticed a slight inconsistency in your DB.

Sometimes, different versions of the same card are labeled "#1" "#2" and so on. But sometimes (from what i saw, a lot of basic lands) they're labeled "(1)" "(2)" etc (GoblinHero's DB convention).

- You probably want to only decide on only one.
- Any reason for the switch from (x) to #x ? Not that the old had anyhting special to it, but it does break compatibility with previous .mwdeck files (this should be fixable though with the same tool I linked before to update mwdeck to use three letter set codes ; by adding corresponding entries in the form of (1)/#1 etc to the .txt file)
- What is the "standard convention" (if any) in other tools/databases out there ? It's probably best to try to match those (no idea what it is).

Regards
ParkerLewis

Postby arcanistheomnipotent » 04 May 2020, 22:29

Old versions of MWS (notably 0.94f) bugs with (x) convention. The new versions (0.97b) do not. In this new version, MWS automatically puts the (x) in some cards. My standard is #x. I already have noted this, but did not manage to think of a way to overcome MWS 0.97b automatic assigment. But it is in my "to-do" list. When I figure it out, I'll update the masterbase.

ParkerLewis wrote:I have noticed a slight inconsistency in your DB.

Sometimes, different versions of the same card are labeled "#1" "#2" and so on. But sometimes (from what i saw, a lot of basic lands) they're labeled "(1)" "(2)" etc (GoblinHero's DB convention).

- You probably want to only decide on only one.
- Any reason for the switch from (x) to #x ? Not that the old had anyhting special to it, but it does break compatibility with previous .mwdeck files (this should be fixable though with the same tool I linked before to update mwdeck to use three letter set codes ; by adding corresponding entries in the form of (1)/#1 etc to the .txt file)
- What is the "standard convention" (if any) in other tools/databases out there ? It's probably best to try to match those (no idea what it is).

Regards
arcanistheomnipotent

Postby ParkerLewis » 05 May 2020, 11:20

If I understand the issue correctly, you have several options :

1 - Incorporate your #x convention on the few cards where it is missing : probably a few dozen cards (apparently only some basic lands), either manually or via a script - loop over all identically named cards of the same set, and add the #x label to them if it is missing (ordering can be based on card number inside the set).

2 - Incoporate the (x) convention : same principle as before but with (x) instead of #x. Pros : backwards compatibility with previous (x)-reliant data. Cons : bug with the older 0.94f (is this con relevant today ?)

3 - Don't incorporate #x nor (x) and let 0.97b do it itself. Pros : easiest. Possible con : you don't get to choose the ordering (?) ; it relies on the software to solve any possible issue of having the same card in the same set sevral times. Even if individual software do correctly solve this, they might do it in different / incompatible ways between one another.

I'd go with either 1 or 2. Between these two, I guess based on which convention seems to be the most widely used out there. If there's no clear winner, I'd argue your "#x" convention is slightly better : 1 character shorter, and "#" is a character that currently doesn't appear on any magic card (off the top of my head), while parenthesis are used, in card text of course but also for some Unset card names.
ParkerLewis

Postby Protoman » 08 May 2020, 21:30

arcanistheomnipotent wrote:Old versions of MWS (notably 0.94f) bugs with (x) convention. The new versions (0.97b) do not. In this new version, MWS automatically puts the (x) in some cards. My standard is #x. I already have noted this, but did not manage to think of a way to overcome MWS 0.97b automatic assigment. But it is in my "to-do" list. When I figure it out, I'll update the masterbase.
First off Arcanis, I want to say that this project is awesome and I'm super grateful. There's been need for someone to step up and take on the MWS Library for a while and I'm really glad to see it.

In implementing it, some things I've noticed:

[DDJ] - Fire/Ice missing
[M19] [ELD] [DOM] - only one of each basic?
[RNA, GRN] - only one of each Guildgate (though there are two arts, pretty big loss imo. These even have different collector numbers so if your goal is completion then they really should be in there, same for basics arts.)

The "Mountain #1" naming convention carries awkwardly over into MWSPlay. The "#1" or "#2" does display in-game, unlike the old "(1)" convention. If you're looking for a tiebreaker, I feel like that's it.

I know what you're saying about the "CARDNAME (0)" causing crashes, though I've never understood it. It's never caused a problem with basic lands or with Guildgates, but with the Duel Decks Anthology or the MED set, every card had a random number like (7) or (0), and including any card with that in a decklist would auto-crash MWSPlay.

Really appreciate fixing the double-faced cards. I never understood why the toughness of all double-faced creatures was erroneously switched to 0. This is much cleaner (Note that you can use the TK folder to store the back sides of these cards, and then produce a token of that card name to simulate flipping.)

Appreciate giving a place for Eldraine Promos (there's no place for them in Goblin Hero's DB).

I'll keep you posted if I notice any more snags.
Protoman

Postby arcanistheomnipotent » 09 May 2020, 23:55

Just fixed the things you've noticed.
The missing cards/Lands are a consequence of the importation of spoilers (.txt) into MWS. Sometimes cards go missing.

Thx for the feedback.
Protoman wrote:First off Arcanis, I want to say that this project is awesome and I'm super grateful. There's been need for someone to step up and take on the MWS Library for a while and I'm really glad to see it.

In implementing it, some things I've noticed:

[DDJ] - Fire/Ice missing
[M19] [ELD] [DOM] - only one of each basic?
[RNA, GRN] - only one of each Guildgate (though there are two arts, pretty big loss imo. These even have different collector numbers so if your goal is completion then they really should be in there, same for basics arts.)

The "Mountain #1" naming convention carries awkwardly over into MWSPlay. The "#1" or "#2" does display in-game, unlike the old "(1)" convention. If you're looking for a tiebreaker, I feel like that's it.

I know what you're saying about the "CARDNAME (0)" causing crashes, though I've never understood it. It's never caused a problem with basic lands or with Guildgates, but with the Duel Decks Anthology or the MED set, every card had a random number like (7) or (0), and including any card with that in a decklist would auto-crash MWSPlay.

Really appreciate fixing the double-faced cards. I never understood why the toughness of all double-faced creatures was erroneously switched to 0. This is much cleaner (Note that you can use the TK folder to store the back sides of these cards, and then produce a token of that card name to simulate flipping.)

Appreciate giving a place for Eldraine Promos (there's no place for them in Goblin Hero's DB).

I'll keep you posted if I notice any more snags.
Last edited by arcanistheomnipotent on 10 May 2020, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.
arcanistheomnipotent

Postby arcanistheomnipotent » 09 May 2020, 23:57

I ended up choosing the convention (1), (2)... because of the problems that Protoman mentioned in his post above regarding MWSPlay. Thanks for the feedback.

ParkerLewis wrote:If I understand the issue correctly, you have several options :

1 - Incorporate your #x convention on the few cards where it is missing : probably a few dozen cards (apparently only some basic lands), either manually or via a script - loop over all identically named cards of the same set, and add the #x label to them if it is missing (ordering can be based on card number inside the set).

2 - Incoporate the (x) convention : same principle as before but with (x) instead of #x. Pros : backwards compatibility with previous (x)-reliant data. Cons : bug with the older 0.94f (is this con relevant today ?)

3 - Don't incorporate #x nor (x) and let 0.97b do it itself. Pros : easiest. Possible con : you don't get to choose the ordering (?) ; it relies on the software to solve any possible issue of having the same card in the same set sevral times. Even if individual software do correctly solve this, they might do it in different / incompatible ways between one another.

I'd go with either 1 or 2. Between these two, I guess based on which convention seems to be the most widely used out there. If there's no clear winner, I'd argue your "#x" convention is slightly better : 1 character shorter, and "#" is a character that currently doesn't appear on any magic card (off the top of my head), while parenthesis are used, in card text of course but also for some Unset card names.
arcanistheomnipotent

Re: [MWS] Masterbase up to Ikoria + 6.8 GB Full pics [V1.6]

Postby ParkerLewis » 11 May 2020, 08:30

I would totally agree. That seems like a significant advantage of the (x) convention. Didn't mention it cause I hadn't tried in MWSPlay.
ParkerLewis

Postby Bert-84 » 19 May 2020, 19:12

The Throne of Eldraine Adventure cards seem to have a bug, too. They can not be removed or have their number changed once you add them to the deck list, and their mana symbols do not load correctly. During test play, they work just fine though.
Bert-84

Postby arcanistheomnipotent » 19 May 2020, 20:08

This is not the first time I hear about this "bug" from people using my masterbase. The other user who reported this to me said that it happened actually with any dual-card he put on the deck. The point is that I can't reproduce this bug on my computer. What solved for the other user was to follow the installation strictly as I wrote in this tutorial here. It is most likely a problem with the "Theme" you are using (and it does not occur with the "theme" built into the installation I described in the tutorial).

Bert-84 wrote:The Throne of Eldraine Adventure cards seem to have a bug, too. They can not be removed or have their number changed once you add them to the deck list, and their mana symbols do not load correctly. During test play, they work just fine though.
arcanistheomnipotent

Postby Bert-84 » 19 May 2020, 22:09

Thank you for the fast feedback.
Unfortunately, this does not work for me. I installed the game according to your instructions several times without the problem beeing fixed. In Library mode the problem does also not occur, but in deck edit mode.
I could fix it myself by doing the following:
I recognized that the adventure cards name was seperated by "//" and that in the card info box below, there was no data about the card ( in contrast to all non-adventure cards. I went in the base editor and changed the name (example murderous rider) from
"Murderous Rider // Swift End" to "Murderous Rider / Swift End". Now the cards work just fine and all the data is available in the box on the bottom of the deck edit mode.
Bert-84

Postby arcanistheomnipotent » 20 May 2020, 19:36

Switching to "deck editor" mode I could reproduce the bug. Thank you for the warning. I just uploaded the latest masterbase version that corrects the bug for all dual cards (I used your tip to change all "//" to "/").

Thxx.

Bert-84 wrote:Thank you for the fast feedback.
Unfortunately, this does not work for me. I installed the game according to your instructions several times without the problem beeing fixed. In Library mode the problem does also not occur, but in deck edit mode.
I could fix it myself by doing the following:
I recognized that the adventure cards name was seperated by "//" and that in the card info box below, there was no data about the card ( in contrast to all non-adventure cards. I went in the base editor and changed the name (example murderous rider) from
"Murderous Rider // Swift End" to "Murderous Rider / Swift End". Now the cards work just fine and all the data is available in the box on the bottom of the deck edit mode.
arcanistheomnipotent

Next

Return to Masterbase/Sets