It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 21:23

Text Size

Masterbase changes

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Masterbase changes

Postby aleph » 24 Jul 2011, 19:07

I downloaded the new masterbase I'm noticing several cards are under different set names from previous versions of the masterbase I downloaded here.

Where are the authors of the masterbase getting thier set lists?

I refer to magiccards.info but the masterbase has never reflected the divisions found there.
aleph

Re: Masterbase changes

Postby Goblin Hero » 25 Jul 2011, 17:34

aleph wrote:I downloaded the new masterbase
You're talking about MWS, right?
aleph wrote:I'm noticing several cards are under different set names from previous versions of the masterbase I downloaded here.
Yes, sometimes it happens.
aleph wrote:Where are the authors of the masterbase getting thier set lists?
From their heads. Cataloging promo cards is a hard thing. There may be different approaches. It is up to the author.
P.S. If you're a collector, try Magic Album instead of MWS. In MA card move from one set to another won't affect your inventory.
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Masterbase changes

Postby aleph » 25 Jul 2011, 23:40

Goblin Hero wrote:
aleph wrote:Where are the authors of the masterbase getting thier set lists?
From their heads. Cataloging promo cards is a hard thing. There may be different approaches. It is up to the author.
P.S. If you're a collector, try Magic Album instead of MWS. In MA card move from one set to another won't affect your inventory.
I see, well I've updated my masterbase to reflect the card categories found on magiccards.info.

I've attached it if anyone is interested. It's updated to the most recent promo cards as far as I'm aware.
Attachments
Masterbase 7-25-11.rar
(922.46 KiB) Downloaded 639 times
aleph

Return to Masterbase/Sets