It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:31

Text Size

MWSPlay Doesn't Open

Discuss the online play component of MWS

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

MWSPlay Doesn't Open

Postby CommanderJim » 09 Aug 2008, 16:11

I haven't been able to find another instance of this issue on any FAQ or support forum, and I posted it in the Magi-Soft forums a few weeks ago and no one's replied, not even to tell me how to get to the registered support forum (I'm a registered user).

If I click "Connect to Opponent" in Magic Workstation, then I get the usual loading messages, but after "Initializing", nothing happens. If I check my task manager, it says the MWSPlay process is running, but no application for it is.
The same happens if I click "Test Deck in Solo Mode".

If I try to open MWSPlay directly, then I get the same results. Nothing pops up except a process that doesn't do anything. The problem seems to go away sometimes, but it always comes back.

I'm running Windows Vista, and yes, I've tried running both programs as non-administrator and administrator.
Also, the problem hasn't gone away for a while now. I tried reinstalling MWS, and it worked a few times, then stopped working. Anyone have any ideas?
CommanderJim

Re: MWSPlay Doesn't Open

Postby Huggybaby » 10 Aug 2008, 19:33

I don't have Vista, so I can't help much, but make sure not to install to the Program Files directory.

Access to the private forum should be automatic. When it isn't, send a PM to Detonator.

Sorry that forum didn't help you. They did a good job running off most contributors, then not replacing them, which was stupid.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby CommanderJim » 11 Aug 2008, 00:35

I'd never even heard about installing it somewhere else as a solution. I'll try that and see how it works.

Edit: No luck. The same problem came back after just one successful try. :?
CommanderJim

Postby Kl3p_co. » 10 Oct 2008, 22:35

Have you tried to download it again?
Always outnumbered. Never outtrolled.
Kl3p_co.

Return to MWSPlay