It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 19:01

Text Size

Advertise MagicWars on my blog

Moderators: nantuko84, CCGHQ Admins

Advertise MagicWars on my blog

Postby mtgrares » 09 Oct 2009, 17:50

I can post something about MagicWars on my blog on October 19. Do you have any stories about the development? Can you list 5 to 10 really great features of MagicWars and what card(s) were the hardest to implement? I usually only write around 150-300 words so if you give me a few facts I can easily add the rest.

I saw your comments about MTG Forge's SVN and bug testing. MTG Forge has a culture of bugs. We really don't mind them and hopefully the major bugs will eventually get fixed. There is a balance between more bugs versus more cards and most people seem to prefer more cards (and more bugs). We also don't use the SVN because right now because it is too much work. Only a few people post code updates and it is easier to just integrate them manually. Eventually we will probably use some type of source code control.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Re: Advertise MagicWars on my blog

Postby nantuko84 » 10 Oct 2009, 05:07

I can post something about MagicWars on my blog on October 19. Do you have any stories about the development? Can you list 5 to 10 really great features of MagicWars and what card(s) were the hardest to implement? I usually only write around 150-300 words so if you give me a few facts I can easily add the rest.
It will be greatly appreciated if you would post such entry in your blog ;) Give me few days to think about "really great" features, I'm happy if I find at least one :)

I saw your comments about MTG Forge's SVN and bug testing. MTG Forge has a culture of bugs. We really don't mind them and hopefully the major bugs will eventually get fixed. There is a balance between more bugs versus more cards and most people seem to prefer more cards (and more bugs). We also don't use the SVN because right now because it is too much work. Only a few people post code updates and it is easier to just integrate them manually. Eventually we will probably use some type of source code control.
I can help you with SVN if you and Dennis Bergkamp don't mind. It is very usefull, especially for people who really involved into project, both developers and testers. And as it makes code update much easier, it probably will increase commiters, I mean people who post code updates. And as you know, it is possible to configure access rights, so new developers will post only their patches in the forum and main developers will examine and decide whether to apply them to main brunch.
nantuko84
DEVELOPER

Return to MagicWars