It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 03:05

Text Size

Advice: best way/place to sell my MtG cards?

Anything that doesn't belong elsewhere goes here...

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Advice: best way/place to sell my MtG cards?

Postby 0rion79 » 23 Dec 2014, 15:30

Hi guys, maybe some of you may know me already if you have participated the Manalink 3.0 project to revitalize the old Microprose's game on MtG.

I'm writing you because it is ages that I am no longer playing the game, especially the one with real cards, and I would like to sell my old collections. Just for records, they include many cards from Revised set till Urza's saga I think ("afaicr") and quality goes from very good to flawless.
Since I lived in an small region of Italy, there is no local market here: can you give me any good advise about places on the web to sell them?

Thank you all in advance.
Last edited by 0rion79 on 24 Dec 2014, 07:28, edited 1 time in total.
0rion79

Re: Advice: best way/place to sell my MtG cards?

Postby Nexhro » 24 Dec 2014, 02:22

If you've got valuable singles, your best bet would most likely be selling them individually via ebay.
Another popular method over there is selling "boosters" that consist of randomly assortet cards from private collections, providing potential buyers a chance to acquire popular rares. There's often Moxen, Goyfs, Wastelands and similiar high end stuff in the mix to lure potential customers. I guess this method is best if you have lots of bulk cards.
Of course, you could always list your whole collection, but you'll lose money that way.

Then there's Magic Card Market. Selling there usually means getting slightly less cash than you could have got on ebay, but the site used to be quite popular (not sure if it still is), so you might be able to sell your stuff quicker that way. I think there's no limit to the time your offer is listed (unlike ebay) and listing your stuff is free (which ebay isn't if you want to upload photos).

The quickest way, especially when looking for a place to sell yout whole collection, would be to check the big dealers' (StarCityGames etc) buylists. Unless we're talking Tier 1 staples of eternal formats, their prices are horrible, so I wouldn't recommend selling to them.

tl;dr: I'd recommend ebay or Magic Card Market.

By the way, the old Magic game Manalink is based on was done by Microprose, not Microsoft. Happy holidays, 0rion!
Last edited by Nexhro on 24 Dec 2014, 11:47, edited 1 time in total.
Nexhro

Re: Advice: best way/place to sell my MtG cards?

Postby 0rion79 » 24 Dec 2014, 07:33

Hi Nexhro, thanks for the hints.
I never had any Tier1 staples (unfortunately) and time is bit more important to me than income, so I think I will not try to sell my cards individually (also because who's using Serra Angel or Erhnam Djinn in tournaments nowadays?) but the collections.

PS: about the name of the game, just a lapsus :)
0rion79

Return to Off Topic Discussion