It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 08:14

Text Size

Magic Set Editor

Anything that doesn't belong elsewhere goes here...

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Magic Set Editor

Postby Pringlesman » 17 Jun 2016, 20:40

At my Local Gaming Shop we were talking about doing a Beta sealed deck league. I figured the easiest way to do so would be to recreate all the cards in Magic Set Editor. I ended up making Beta/Arabian/Antiquies and was half way through legends before I had computer problems and lost all of the files. Though somehow I still have a pdf of ABU. In the past this is how I've made proxies for my cube. I liked doing this project so I'm starting over now.

MSE has some advantages (and disadvantages) over some other methods.

*It is easy to print new packs
*When making the sets it's easy to have the current oracle wording on the cards.
*Consistant borders between sets.

Disadvantages
*You have to indivdually add the cards, making the entire process time intensive.

Does anyone want this? Would this be kosher to post on this site? If I were to remake the earlier sets on here would other people want them? Would anybody be willing to recreate a set. Be it anything from Arabian Nights to Eternal Masters. It's pretty easy and I could recreate the set symbols easy enough for people who don't feel comfortable with the vector part of the project.

Edit* Looking around I found out how MSE stores its set information. It's pretty much just a notepad file inside a zip file. If I could make a program that would take a set spoiler and changed the format to match MSE format all I would have to do is manually imput the picture files and check everything for correct formating. I just have no idea how to do that.
Pringlesman

Re: Magic Set Editor

Postby Nyth » 21 Jun 2016, 05:50

Surely you would be better off using one of the HQCG apps you can find in this forum? They have the complete database ready and can generate sets in a heartbeat. All you need to do is source the imagery.

This is what you really want: http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=17795
Nyth
HQ Team Member

Return to Off Topic Discussion