It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:09

Text Size

Name of the Game

Anything that doesn't belong elsewhere goes here...

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Name of the Game

Postby lord of 13 » 06 Jan 2010, 02:14

Hi! This is my first post on slightlymagic.net. I originally came from the Forge blog, which I in turn visited from magicseteditor.sourceforge.net forums. Anyhow, I looked at Forge & played it a bit, as well as fiddled with its code. Being a C# programmer myself, I thought it would be interesting to make my own rules-enforcing game of MtG. I don't know much, if anything, about any of the MtG software other than MtGO and Forge, but I brainstormed a few ideas to implement in my game.

1. Currency (Mythos) to buy/sell/trade cards with. Cards values are intelligently generated or downloaded (to be determined). AI transacts with you, and wants 10% profit (Mythos value), but will take a upto 5% loss if it knows you and has made good deals with you in the past. In essence, you have a general rep as a trader as well as a specific rep with each AI.
2. Intelligent coding of cards using a format I developed for my now-defunct programming language (gCode). It involves using line preceders (confused?) and C#-like syntax.
::EXAMPLE::
Code: Select all
//The line preceder of the following line is 'card'
card: Shock//name
{
cost: R//cost
type: Instant//type
rarity: Common//rarity
effect://MUST be included on instants/sorceries/PWs.
//On creautres/lands, it is activated/triggerred
//abilities.
{
//cost: 1W//if cost required
//such as for kicker
//othercost: Tap//For tappable permanents
declare: Target tgt = Target.CreatureOrPlayer();
execute: Damage.Deal(2, tgt);
}
text:
{
~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
}
}
3. Obviously, the core of the application: rules-enforced games/matches with a AIs, each of which will eventually evolve a personality or style based on their favorite deck. I also adapted a prior app I made for drafting, DraftMaster, to export to the deck file format for this.

Could you please comment on the ideas, and suggest a name? My current temporary name is SmartMtG, but I would prefer one that doesn't contain MtG or Magic, etc.

Thanks,
Lord of 13

PS: Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this.
><><><><><><><
Currently developing Mindgames, for playing a rules-enforced game of MtG.
RECENT PROJECTS
->XMLScript
->Zwiel Platformer
lord of 13
DEVELOPER

Re: Name of the Game

Postby Huggybaby » 06 Jan 2010, 08:40

Welcome to CCGHQ, I'm glad you joined us. This forum is surely as good as any for your post.

I don't have a name for your app, I'm not too good with names. In fact, naming apps seems to be a general stumbling block around here. :)

If you ever get out of the planning stages with this project, or would like a forum for DraftMaster send me a PM.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Re: Name of the Game

Postby Snacko » 07 Jan 2010, 18:57

There's currently one other AI / rules enforced software being developed in C# that I know of. It's progressing slowly but steadily so far. You can check it out at http://sourceforge.net/projects/moxdev/
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Return to Off Topic Discussion