It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:07

Text Size

Does Anyone Go to the The Gaming Pit?

Anything that doesn't belong elsewhere goes here...

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Does Anyone Go to the The Gaming Pit?

Postby Huggybaby » 19 Sep 2010, 15:18

I just moved, and last weekend the SO and I were driving around to see what we could see. We found an oriental farmers market, and in the same shopping center we drove past a glass storefront. Inside were lots of people sitting at tables. It was a card shop, it was packed with customers, it's around the corner from my house, and people were actually playing each other! It's big too, there must be 20 tables in there.

This is remarkable because there's another card/comic shop nearby that supposedly hosts games on Friday nights but always closes early when no one shows up, so I thought the whole scene was dead.

It's called the Gaming Pit. http://www.thegamingpit.com/ They don't sell comics, and their card and board game inventory is tightly focused. You can buy singles there, and they sell 40 MTG tokens for $1.50. :) This is neat because I didn't know anyone in town sold singles any more.

They stay open until 1 AM on Friday and Saturday! Hell, in Georgia nothing good stays open that late, just things like bars, head shops, strip joints and some fast food places.

So I went over there and asked the guy about staying open until 1 AM because I couldn't quite believe it. and he says "Oh, we stayed open until 8 yesterday". Eight o'clock in the morning! This is stuff you read about but never live near.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Re: Does Anyone Go to the The Gaming Pit?

Postby Kl3p_co. » 19 Sep 2010, 20:07

Huggy wrote:They stay open until 1 AM on Friday and Saturday! Hell, in Georgia nothing good stays open that late, just things like bars, head shops, strip joints and some fast food places.
You know that you are contradicting yourself, right?
Always outnumbered. Never outtrolled.
Kl3p_co.

Postby Huggybaby » 19 Sep 2010, 20:27

haha you got me there, I didn't even realize...
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Bog Wraith » 19 Sep 2010, 23:10

That would be very nice to go to.

There is a local guy here where Friday Night MTG is held, but I've never gotten around to go. I have a guy who sells singles at a nice price and I'm in the midst of getting a substantial amount of singles so I can build some classic decks.

If you go Huggy, let us know what you thought about the whole set up and the flavor of playing, especially with the interaction amongst the players.

Most of all if you go, play a little MTG & have a good time! 8)
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Return to Off Topic Discussion