It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 02:32

Text Size

MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday

Anything that doesn't belong elsewhere goes here...

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday

Postby Xaoslegend » 11 Oct 2010, 11:00

Next week's MTGO Heirloom tournament will be on 10/16/10(Saturday) at 11AM pacific standard time (LA, California, USA time).

The tournament is free to enter.

I am planning to run a season finals in about a month. This would be just before the first major revision (one month after Scars is released online) takes place. For this event I will give out at least twice the placement tix prizes that I give out for a normal weekly event. This would mean at least 12 tix for first 8 for second and 4 for 3rd and fourth. I have yet to finalize all the details but thats a bare minimum plan for the event =)

This is a link to go to for all of your Heirloom questions, it has tons of links to most everything about the format: http://xaoslegend.blogspot.com/2010/09/heirloom-links.html

Join the chat channel by typing ( /join Heirloom ) in a chat channel on MTGO. (This is also the default channel for Heirloom chat in general)

To register for the event and to get pairing assignments and submit round results and see other announcements type ( /join heirloomresults ) then post "Register" in the channel before 11AM and you will be registered for the event.

Each Participant will recieve 2 relevant Heirloom foils(from a varied selection of your choice) for playing (at least three rounds). The winner will get 6 tix second place will recieve 4 tix and third and fourth 2 tix as well as more prizes to be awarded just for participation to be decided later. (These are minimum prize amounts, I may increase them, if I do I will let everyone know after the event begins or shortly beforehand)

I would very much appreciate participants posting their decklists in the mothership tournament announcement forum (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75846/25877457/Heirloom_MTGO_Weekly_Saturday_Free_PREs_Tix_Prizes) so that I can feature them all in my Mtgotraders articles and for the use of other players trying to improve their deck building and understanding of the Heirloom meta. I will completely support anyone who objects to this for any reason regardless of my disappointment.

The event is swiss, so you will play until the end of the event, a minimum of 3 rounds, but up to five. (the last 3 have been 4 rounds each)

I will be online at least a couple hours before to answer questions about legalities and whatever other details people have questions about.

I hope to see a ton of people there. The more show up the more I'll give away in prizes.

(If you drop out of the event you forfeit your chance at the foil participation choice and whatever else I give out as participation awards that day)

You must have a deck that is Heirloom classic legal (60 cards minimum, 15 or zero sideboard cards).

If someone tells me you are playing with an illegal card and I confirm it you will first get a warning and then have 10 minutes to switch the card out of your deck and you will lose that game. The second time you will get a match loss and the third time you will be uninvited from the tournament.

If it appears you are flagrantly not following Heirloom rules I will reserve the right to uninvite you from the tournament at any time.

If you are particularly rude or insulting to other players I reserve the right to uninvite you from the tournament.

If you time out of a game because of 10 minutes of inactivity I reserve the right to uninvite you from the tournament.

If you are persistently stalling I reserve the right to uninvite you from the tournament.

If you are uninvited from the tournament you forfeit your right to a chance at the door prize (3 tix to one or more participant who did not win another prize chosen at random)

I cannot win or displace prizes if I play in the event. (which I will often do to make the event even so that there are no byes and not do if it would create an odd number) I will often jump into and back out of the event to prevent byes, my deck will remain the same throughout an event of course. I have not tended to play in the events lately as I have plenty to do with running it so you may get a bye in one of the rounds.

Xaoslegend-
My screename on MTGO is Xaoslegend, look me up for questions, comments , discussion or games any time.
Xaoslegend

Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday

Postby Xaoslegend » 13 Oct 2010, 07:54

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you guys know that the 4rth Heirloom article at Puremtgo/Mtgotraders just went online. http://puremtgo.com/articles/heirloom-constructed-godfathers-part-3

It features the 4rth PRE we had and with a lot of decklists, commentary and raw video captured at the event.

Check it out

X-
Xaoslegend

Postby Xaoslegend » 14 Oct 2010, 10:04

Salutations all,

So I had left my last clan a little while back as I rarely saw anyone online from it and we never did anything together anyway.

So I decided I'd make an Heirloom Clan and invite anyone who plays the format to join. I'm pretty laid back so I have no interest in telling people what they can and can't do in the guild, how serious they have to be about any given format (including Heirloom) or anything. The only thing is to be nice to each other and not beg for donations or anything. (I think most people know me to be pretty reasonable so if I boot someone it'll probably be for good reason)

I'm not necessarily expecting a huge crowd, a lot of people have clans already and I certianly am not trying to get anyone to leave theirs for this one. But if you're an Heirloom player and like me don't have anywhere better to go send a message to my account on MTGO (Xaoslegend) and I'll invite you no questions asked.

I intend to make the most of the clan based on the membership it attains, we'll see what may come and go from there. I do not intend to give people in the clan any favoritism in Heirloom events or anything else I do in association with Heirloom. So don't worry about that if you don't want to/have a conflict that prevents you from joining.

Have a good one guys in any case,

X-
Xaoslegend

Postby Xaoslegend » 14 Oct 2010, 23:46

Hey ya'll,

Great program built by Rincewind of Ashurst Mtg( http://ashhurstmtg.rpgwars.org/other-events-f16/) based out of New Zealand can be downloaded here: http://ashhurstmtg.rpgwars.org/other-events-f16/

It lets you search for cards by name very quickly, has the whole list as it is atm (make sure you check for updates as this program's list may become outdated) shows a picture of a card when teh card is selected, lets you build a deck (without sideboard distinction atm) and export that deck to forums like so: Decklist:
* 1 X AEther Tradewinds
* 4 X Akki Underling
* 3 X Roar of the Crowd
* 3 X Teferi's Puzzle Box
* 3 X Zombie Outlander
* 3 X Floodbringer
* 3 X Blazing Salvo
* 3 X Blinding Beam
* 2 X AEther Mutation
* 2 X AEther Charge

It has a function to check the legality of an imported list (though I'm unsure atm of how to format that easilty)

All and all the program is very efficient and useful.

Thanks a ton Rincewind, very cool creation for us and very appreciated effort

Check it out

X-
Xaoslegend

Postby Xaoslegend » 17 Oct 2010, 00:13

Hey everyone,

We had 19 players for this week's event and things went very smoothly with no drops due to time contraints with the long slog of five rounds to overcome,

*Edit A link to like 14 of the decklists is Here: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/ ... Tix_Prizes

The standings were:

1st negative_optimist 5-0
---------Won 6 tix, 2 foils and a pack of Scars of Mirrodin that was donated by *HG-Thuh-Nagarjuna*

2nd moromete 4-1
---------Won 4 tix and 2 foils

3rd HornedFish 4-1
---------Won 2 tix and 2 foils

4th jam33 4-1
---------Won 2 tix and 2 foils

The rest of the players were awarded the participation award, this week it was 2 foil and 1 tix for each person after the top four.

5th plateddragon 3-2

6th mrjebus27 3-2 *HG-Don't-Mess-with-the-Jebus*

7th OMC11 3-2

8th Mr Slippery 39 3-2 *HG-The-Slippery-B.I.G.*

9th lozarian 3-2

10th Bliven731 2-3

11th Nagarjuna 2-3 *HG-Thuh-Nagarjuna*

12th ChrisMH77 2-3

13th feastoftheunicorn 2-3

14th jeremy812 2-3

15th HoffeFin 1-4 *HG-Hoffe-the-Fin*

16th Naproxen 1-4

17th RedMan929 1-4

18th varcoldf 1-4 *Varchild-Cold-Fury*

19th ArcherDarks 0-1 (Drop)

Great event, looks like tribal caught a lot of people flat-footed this go around, I'm interested to see how the meta shift next week to adjust.

X-
Xaoslegend

Postby Xaoslegend » 20 Oct 2010, 06:15

Hey guys,

My next Heirloom article is up, lots of video and decklists and graphics and such and such and such, check it out, leave a comment, enjoy!

http://puremtgo.com/articles/heirloom-b ... estermites

X-
Xaoslegend

Postby Xaoslegend » 21 Oct 2010, 01:50

This week's MTGO Heirloom tournament will be on 10/24/10 (Sunday) at 11AM pacific standard time (LA, California, USA time).

The tournament is free to enter.

New Prize Structure: First will now recieve 7 tix, second 5 tix, third and fourth 3 tix. There will be three door prizes of two tix each given to random players who played the event until the finish who also did not place 1st-4th. Each Participant in the event who plays at least 3 rounds will recieve 2 foils from a large selection to chose as Heirlooms of their campaign in the event.

This is a link to go to for all of your Heirloom questions, it has tons of links to most everything about the format: http://xaoslegend.blogspot.com/2010/09/heirloom-links.html

Join the chat channel by typing ( /join Heirloom ) in a chat channel on MTGO. (This is also the default channel for Heirloom chat in general)

To register for the event and to get pairing assignments and submit round results and see other announcements type ( /join heirloomresults ) then post "Register" in the channel before 11AM and you will be registered for the event.

Each Participant will recieve 2 relevant Heirloom foils(from a varied selection of your choice) for playing (at least three rounds). The winner will get 6 tix second place will recieve 4 tix and third and fourth 2 tix as well as more prizes to be awarded just for participation to be decided later. (These are minimum prize amounts, I may increase them, if I do I will let everyone know after the event begins or shortly beforehand)

I would very much appreciate participants posting their decklists in the mothership tournament announcement forum (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75846/25877457/Heirloom_MTGO_Weekly_Saturday_Free_PREs_Tix_Prizes) so that I can feature them all in my Mtgotraders articles and for the use of other players trying to improve their deck building and understanding of the Heirloom meta. I will completely support anyone who objects to this for any reason regardless of my disappointment.

The event is swiss, so you will play until the end of the event, a minimum of 3 rounds, but up to five. (the last 3 have been 4 rounds each)

I will be online at least a couple hours before to answer questions about legalities and whatever other details people have questions about.

(If you drop out of the event you forfeit your chance at the foil participation choice and whatever else I give out as participation awards that day)

You must have a deck that is Heirloom classic legal (60 cards minimum, 15 or zero sideboard cards). The Legal Card List is Here: http://puremtgo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2008&sid=10c2228d4b4466ac1ab0c3e80bf042c0

If someone tells me you are playing with an illegal card and I confirm it you will first get a warning and then have 10 minutes to switch the card out of your deck and you will lose that game. The second time you will get a match loss and the third time you will be uninvited from the tournament.

If it appears you are flagrantly not following Heirloom rules I will reserve the right to uninvite you from the tournament at any time.

If you are particularly rude or insulting to other players I reserve the right to uninvite you from the tournament.

If you time out of a game because of 10 minutes of inactivity I reserve the right to uninvite you from the tournament.

If you are persistently stalling I reserve the right to uninvite you from the tournament.

If you are uninvited from the tournament you forfeit your right to a chance at the door prizes (2 tix to three participants who did not win another prize chosen at random)

I have not tended to play in the events lately as I have plenty to do with running it so you may get a bye in one of the rounds.

Xaoslegend-
My screename on MTGO is Xaoslegend, look me up for questions, comments , discussion or games any time.
Xaoslegend

Postby Xaoslegend » 23 Oct 2010, 00:31

Thuh-Nagarjuna just put together a webpage with forums and other content for the Heirloom community,

Go check it out and say hello!

http://mtgoheirloom.webs.com/

X-
Xaoslegend

Postby Xaoslegend » 25 Oct 2010, 02:29

These are the results for today's event. It went really well with 18 participants. We were able to finish in 4 rounds with only one undefeated player.

grats Olaw.

A lot of the players were kind enough to post their decklists Here http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/ ... izes?pg=11

1 olaw
2 frog_master
3 jacksweeney000
4 jeremy812
5 jmtest
6 Nagarjuna
7 victorBike
8 AJ_Impy
9 ChrisMH77
10 totalhate
11 Aryxon
12 Winter.Wolf
13 SilentJ
14 RedMan929
15 mrjebus27
16 tiny70
17 negative_optimist
18 Naproxen

X-
Xaoslegend

Postby Xaoslegend » 25 Oct 2010, 02:45

A whole slew of Scars of Mirrodin Scards have been officially added to the Heirloom Legal Card List.

All these cards will be legal for the PRE on Saturday the 30th of October.

http://puremtgo.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 58ea896515

Should be interesting to see if anything from SOM shakes up the next event.

X-
Xaoslegend

Postby Xaoslegend » 27 Oct 2010, 08:34

Hey guys,

I've been thinking about starting an Heirloom Sealed League. The working title is "League: Heirloom Parallel Universe" (Since Heirloom is like a cheap parallel universe to expensive MTG)

I wanted to do classic for season one since I just think it's a lot of fun to throw all those cards together into one limited environment, because it will test people's limited skills to the max since thinking about all of magic's mechanics and choosing the best options from a limited pool has got to be one of the biggest mtg skill testers I can think of.

Also it's going to be way harder for me to parse the list to various formats like standard and extended or for X 3 sets or whatever and time being an issue for me atm that's just a work diminisher for me, though block would be very easy as well since I have the SOM list separate atm.

This league will not displace the scheduled Heirloom classic constructed events taking place each weekend.

League games will be played throughout the week as people are able to find opponents. I'm thinking of one month seasons with winners being announced by total wins with max rounds per opponent of 1 per week. Once someone applies to the league I will generate a sealed pool of six packs of Heirloom classic cards with 6 rares/mythics 18 uncommons and 60 commons. (for generating decklists mythics will be considered rares and lopped in with all the rares and since there are less than 20 mythics and more than 1000 rares that makes the chances of getting an expensive pool fairly low) People will be responsible for finding whatever cards they need to build their deck but will not be responsible for having all the cards in their pool. Obviously one would want to buy all the card needed to make the best deck from their pool with the best sideboard options in order to do well. I'll award weekly prizes to participants and a season final bonus.

Anyhow let me know how interested you are in the league and any thoughts you have on running it so I can take full advantage of the community's insight and gauge the demand for the Heirloom Limited format.

post comments here please

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/ ... l_Universe

X-
Xaoslegend

Postby Xaoslegend » 27 Oct 2010, 23:17

A developed tool by Naproxen,

Not all functions work yet but here is a browser Heirloom card searcher and image displayer. eventually hopefully the upload from MTGO files function will work quickly to verify deck legality as quick as ever.

http://jpdefault.comuv.com/heirloom/

X-
Xaoslegend

Postby Xaoslegend » 28 Oct 2010, 08:29

The next Heirloom article is up "Heirloom: The Glare of Our-Lord-Erman" which features the 6th Heirloom PRE, announces the winner of the weeklyish Heirloom media contest, a new Heirloom Godfather, "The Bad Ladies of Heirloom", videos, decklists, commentary on and on and on, check it out and give a shout-out to all the other Heirloom players out there!

http://puremtgo.com/articles/heirloom-g ... lord-erman

X-
Xaoslegend

Postby Xaoslegend » 10 Nov 2010, 09:40

The next article on puremtgo is up, announces the league and lots more, check it out give a woot woot!, heh =P

http://puremtgo.com/articles/heirloom-parallel-universe

X-
Xaoslegend

Postby Xaoslegend » 10 Nov 2010, 09:59

The SEASON FINALS for the MTGO Heirloom tournament will be on 11/13/10 (Saturday) at 11AM pacific standard time (LA, California, USA time).

At this weeks event the new cards from this week's and last weeks SOM additions are all legal, nothing has become illegal since the list was first published.

(For people in countries without Daylight Savings time this means the event may start an hour later than you're used to, the same as last week's)

The finals tournament is free to enter and there are no qualifications other than bringing your Heirloom legal deck on time =)

Finals Prizes: First will receive 12 tix, 20 tix will be divided among all players losing only one round and played till the last round. There will be 3 door prizes of 4 tix each given to random players who played the event until the finish who also did not win or go X-0 or X-1. Each Participant in the event who plays at least 3 rounds will receive 4 foils from a large selection to chose as Heirlooms of their campaign in the event. Another door prize of some foils and 12 goblin deck rares will be awarded to a random player who plays till the final round.

I would very much appreciate participants posting their decklists here after the event so that I can feature them all in my Mtgotraders articles and for the use of other players trying to improve their deck building and understanding of the Heirloom meta. I will completely support anyone who objects to this for any reason regardless of my disappointment.

You must have a deck that is Heirloom classic legal (60 cards minimum, 15 or zero sideboard cards).
the legal card list is here http://puremtgo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2008&sid=9bec2354ddcf174595c13694c1094a0c

If you are uninvited from the tournament you forfeit your right to a chance at the door prizes (2 tix to three participants who did not win another prize chosen at random)

Xaoslegend-
Xaoslegend

Return to Off Topic Discussion