It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 11:07

Text Size

"Star Warsgic", a Star Wars MOD for Wagic

Moderators: frwololo, CCGHQ Admins

"Star Warsgic", a Star Wars MOD for Wagic

Postby frwololo » 12 Nov 2009, 02:32

A Star Wars MOD for Wagic was just released

Image Image Image

Demo video sent by one of the beta testers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2kKI4Zb8Lc

This mod features hundreds of Star Wars Cards, SFX, graphics, and, of course, an AI. This is the same concept as Wagic... in the universe of Darth Vader :mrgreen:

While all other MTG Simulations try to reproduce the original game as truly as possible, I believe it is important to realize that there is much more we can do. None of our games is official, so why stick to official cards ? The MTGSalvation forums have dozens of user created sets, some of them looking really professional. Most of the engines seen here at slightlymagic could handle these custom sets, but for some reason we focus on reproducing "real" MTG cards.

With this release, I want to show that with Wagic, if you create a custom set, you can actually play it "for real" against the AI. This starwars MOD is an example, but if it goes well we could imagine seeing much more mods like this in the future.

This release involved the work of various people, but I especially want to thank Christopher French, aka Alacar Leoricar for his awesome Star Wars block.

I hope to see more user-created sets added to Wagic in the months to come! There's a huge creativity amongst MTG fans, and I think software with rules enforcement should become a part of this fandom!

More info and Download (Windows/Linux/PSP)
frwololo
DEVELOPER

Re: "Star Warsgic", a Star Wars MOD for Wagic

Postby Huggybaby » 12 Nov 2009, 06:39

Agreed, let's break the MTG stranglehold. And let's have more cute girls with popsicles. Or telephones, or whatever those are.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Re: "Star Warsgic", a Star Wars MOD for Wagic

Postby frwololo » 12 Nov 2009, 07:39

:mrgreen:
frwololo
DEVELOPER

Return to Wagic (MTG For Android/PSP/Windows/Linux)