It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 13:48

Text Size

Deck performance

Moderators: frwololo, CCGHQ Admins

Deck performance

Postby timmermac » 04 Jun 2011, 23:42

I'm a big fan of stat tracking, so I'm going to periodically post on how the deck I'm playing with is performing. At the moment, the deck I'm working with right now is 27-76, with a loss to the Depletion deck. The opponents I'm performing best against are Nightmare at 7-3 with a 5 game winning streak, and Inquisitor at 6-8 with a 2 game winning streak. My two worst opponents are Howlings at 0-9 and Wrath at 0-10. My deck is 5-color monstrosity with 245 cards, about half of which is land. I eventually plan on turning it into a Sliver deck as I unlock the expansions that have them available. In the meantime, I'm working on getting landwalking tribal creatures, like goblins, elves, merfolk and zombies. I'm also trying to pick up fatties to support the wee hordes.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Re: Deck performance

Postby Pestilence » 17 Oct 2011, 00:49

You're win ration will drastically improve if you reduce the number of cards in that deck to 60 - 75.

I find the best way to make a deck is to pick out one focus of the deck. Example: a flying deck or a zombie deck. You don't want a deck thats everywhere.

I'm not trying to be a tease you or anything like that, I just want to give you some advice. 60 to 75 cards total, a little above 1/3 of the deck should be lands.
Pestilence

Return to Wagic (MTG For Android/PSP/Windows/Linux)